Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Member's Update July 11th - GYMNAST RETURNS! 
Site Administrator

Post Member's Update July 11th - GYMNAST RETURNS!
I'd like to welcome everybody to this episode, but before I start, I want to take a second to say something. The Gymnast is a very important series for me. It led to my teaming up with several other artists to form Hipcomix. She is also my first original character, and the characters within I have molded from my heart, and they all contain pieces of people that have inspired me in the past. Diana Casey Warner comes from DC Warner. Diana, from Diana Prince,. Chase Monroe comes from Chase Meridian from the Batman series and Marilyn Monroe. Lynda Monroe, her mother, comes from Lynda Carter. Etcetera.

There are small clues all throughout the series, and I hope when reading through them you've gotten a chuckle from them. I try to put Easter eggs in everything.

I worked on the series this afternoon, and I originally wasn't going to prologue it with anything. I had planned to just start and it being years later in the current year. Then I went back to read some of the old episodes to see where I left off, and I realized that the last series, “Stern Returns”, was left somewhat unfinished. So today, I finished it. In the exact same type of artistic method I would've used so many years ago. It was fun for me to play around in the older characters, the crappy lighting, the disengaged backgrounds. I chose instead of having it be a prologue, to just push it through as the first chapter like Alice entering Wonderland, or Dorothy landing in Oz.

So, in other words... the first half of this episode done with years old technology, and the second half of the episode years later in today's technology. I hope you enjoy the bridge that I attempted to create. I'd like to thank everybody once again for reading that which was created from the weirdest parts of my head, and I hope I can continue to entertain you for years into the future.

It's been many long years since Chase Monroe has worn the costume. Her broken body healed, and the bruises faded. She's no longer consumed with crime fighting, and now lives a quiet life as a blogger. Her quiet life is about to get ripped wide open! Someone has killed one of University City's most respected detective, and no one knows who it was! Chase is ripped out of retirement, and is thrusted back into the the dark criminal underworld. Has her years in retirement softened her? Has her disdain for crime fighting made her weak? Has her time at the desk made her soft? The answer to these and many new questions begin to unfold in her newest and most exciting adventure!

Don't miss out! JOIN today!

Posting NOW for members.

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... Episode-01

Thanks for reading..

Jpeger.

Attachments:
GYDD01x000.jpg
GYDD01x000.jpg [ 175.95 KiB | Viewed 4467 times ]
GYDD01x016.jpg
GYDD01x016.jpg [ 271.86 KiB | Viewed 4467 times ]
GYDD01x024.jpg
GYDD01x024.jpg [ 328.53 KiB | Viewed 4467 times ]
GYDD01x036.jpg
GYDD01x036.jpg [ 293.04 KiB | Viewed 4467 times ]
Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:59 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: Member's Update July 11th - GYMNAST RETURNS!
A nice work!

Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Post Re: Member's Update July 11th - GYMNAST RETURNS!
Thank you! I didn't see this till just now.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:33 am