Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 am

Member's Update - Batgrrl - In Training - Episode 01 
Site Administrator

Post Member's Update - Batgrrl - In Training - Episode 01
I'd like to welcome everybody to another exciting Wednesday and Hipcomix! I'd like to first start by apologizing for not posting on Monday as I originally had promised. The reason for that is that I am upgrading my software and hardware in order to work with the rendering software's new iray rendering engine which is not necessarily quick, but much clearer and crisper as you can see by the sample image of Blunder Woman below.

Attachment:
Blunder-Woman-Iray-Test-Render.jpg
Blunder-Woman-Iray-Test-Render.jpg [ 137.82 KiB | Viewed 4398 times ]

Of course I chose her to play with first, because that is one of my favorite characters. She is not in this episode. Soon though. I just wanted to show her off.

Anyway, I don't want to take up anymore time that I have to, so let's get on with this new and exciting adventure!

Batgrrl!

New story for her. It’s been several months since we’ve seen Barbara and Robyn. They’ve been in hiding, and training. Ox got word that they were not killed in the explosion, so he put the word out for their capture!

Training is over! Time to take their show on a test run. The gadgets are ready, and the cycles are humming! Time to go get some bad guys! What could possibly go wrong?

Find out today, this the first chapter of this new and exciting adventure, of “Batgrrl: In Training”. Episode 01. Posting now for members!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... pisode-01#

Thanks for reading!

Jpeger.

Here are the Promos!

Attachment:
bgit01x000.jpg
bgit01x000.jpg [ 114.93 KiB | Viewed 4398 times ]

Attachment:
bgit01x005.jpg
bgit01x005.jpg [ 187.68 KiB | Viewed 4398 times ]

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:10 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: Member's Update - Batgrrl - In Training - Episode 01
If you want to run it faster, you should improve your GPU to the latest generation.

I think it works as Octane (Iray is a Nvidia render engine as well), so the Graphic Card process prowess is very important in the render time.

In my computer, Octane takes around 10-15 minutes if I'm rendering on a decent good quality (3000 pixel/samples), using mesh lights, HDRI ambient light and IES templates for light distribution. I improved my Graphic Card to a Zotac 980 GTX on its lauching day... and it works very fine.

The main advantage of GPU supported render engine is that adding another garphic card to render is always cheaper than a new computer for a render farm. Some people are using 3 or 4 cards for rendering on Octane and their awesome renders take over 3 minutes.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Post Re: Member's Update - Batgrrl - In Training - Episode 01
Mitru wrote:
If you want to run it faster, you should improve your GPU to the latest generation.

I think it works as Octane (Iray is a Nvidia render engine as well), so the Graphic Card process prowess is very important in the render time.

In my computer, Octane takes around 10-15 minutes if I'm rendering on a decent good quality (3000 pixel/samples), using mesh lights, HDRI ambient light and IES templates for light distribution. I improved my Graphic Card to a Zotac 980 GTX on its lauching day... and it works very fine.

The main advantage of GPU supported render engine is that adding another garphic card to render is always cheaper than a new computer for a render farm. Some people are using 3 or 4 cards for rendering on Octane and their awesome renders take over 3 minutes.

That's what ate up most of my time. Trying to find the best settings, and learning how to work and adjust a new engine.

I'll get it. Thanks for the suggestions. I had gone to laptop a few years ago. Guess I have to switch back. Might have to start a gofundme. Lol.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:18 pm