Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 am

Hip Gals Contest Information 
Site Administrator

Post Hip Gals Contest Information
Attachment:
Letras-+-Logo.jpg
Letras-+-Logo.jpg [ 97.03 KiB | Viewed 15389 times ]

Contest Objective.
After almost 10 years of receiving requests from members to submit a character to use as the subject of a comic, which we had to refuse (did you bring enough for everybody?). However, Hipcomix artist Mitru, has generously offered to open a slot in his new series "Hip Gals" for an original character designed by the winner of this contest! The winner will get to see their original character in Mitru Comix new series, “The Hip Gals”.

Entry Guidelines (How to enter):
Please submit the character idea to us in an acceptable reading format, (PDF, RTF, or Word). Email your entry to admin@hipcomix.com with the subject “Hip Gals Contest”. Please describe the character in ass much detail as you can. Name, Appearance, Weakness, Strength, Powers, costume, alter-ego (if necessary), etc. Character must be an original character, not a XXX spoof of an original character.

Contest Length:
Contest runs from now until November 3rd 2013. A winner will be chosen soon after that.

Who will Judge?
The contest will be judged by the site owner, Lewis Shepherd and Mitru, the artist that will be doing the character.

Small Print:

Contest rules are subject to change at our discretion. Most likely only when we find flaws in our method that are unintentional. We will do our best, and it is our intention to have everything be as fair as possible. There can only be one Grand prize winner, even though there are other ways of winning.

You are not required to have a membership to the site. Should you win the contest, your comic will be sent to you via email when it is completed. No purchase necessary.

We reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason whatsoever. Entries that resemble current superheroine as a spoof will not be considered for this contest. This contest is for an original character.

All entries will become property of Shepherd Productions and no other compensation other than the prizes listed, is implied, or will be given.

Since there can only be one winner of this contest, if we like your character we may use it later on. Should that occur, we will give you the same prize in exchange for use of that character. It is our assumption that that is the end goal of your submission anyway.

Character development time is unknown and depends on the amount of difficulty in putting together the character in a 3-D software. Therefore we will not announce officially a time that we will announce the winner since "ability to create" will be one of the factors of judging the contest. It may take one day, or it may take one week to create the character in the 3-D software. Therefore we will have to ask you to watch the forms until we announce a winner. In smaller words, if we decide that you're the winner, but can't make your character, we may have to name someone else winner. If that is the case, we will alert you that your character won but we can't make it, and we will give you a substitute prize.

Questions can be submitted to admin@hipcomix.com with the subject “Hip Gals contest question”

Please download the official rules at http://www.hipcomix.com/Character-Creation-Rules-Rev-01.pdf

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:27 pm
Site Administrator

Post Re: Hip Gals Contest Information
I just got a great email asking a few questions. The email is in quote, and my response will be posted below.

Quote:
I am interested in entering the contest but before I send you guys anything I first wanted to know the details of what exactly you are looking for in terms of an entry. Basically I'm wondering how much is too much, and how much doesn't jive with the universe. Also I would like to know what you guys are looking for in terms of the story for the character I want to create, how detailed should it be? Should I write it like a script, or a short story, or a general outline of the plot for someone else to fill in? I have similar questions as to the Heroine herself, how detailed should I be about her origin, personality, looks and powers? Sorry for all the questions, but I am actually kind of excited for the contest and I want to give the best entry that I can! Hope to hear back from you soon!

My response:

We will accept entries in any format. This allows you to be creative, and expressive. If you would like to submit it in the story format, that would be great. If you would like to submit it as a character card, we will take it that way as well. The idea behind this is to let the general public have a shot at creating the same way we get to every day. To see something in your imagination come to life.

So to answer your question, submit it in any way that you feel best expresses the character, and yourself.

I'm positive that when Mitru decides to write the comic, he will protect your idea of what the character should be like. He will work around any limitations that you give the character, so don't worry about whether or not your character fits into our universe, we will bend our universe to fit your character.

Part of this is to challenge our members as creators, and I think Mitru sees the challenge as a way to expand his talents as an artist.

Create away!

Jp.

I hope that helps explain these issues to all.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:04 pm
Site Administrator

Here is another great question I just received. My response is below.

Quote:
It says that entries become the property of Shepherd Productions. Does that mean that I can't write stories about my character ever again? Do I get credit for creation?

My response:

The reason that's put in there is so you can't retroactively come back later and sue for royalties or rights. Our intent is to do a single comic series storyline of approximately 10 to 20 episodes that said character would become a part of. After that most likely the character would be abandoned. While we would prefer an original character, if you have an original character that's already in play, We wouldn't interfere with your use of your character. The reason that statement was put in there was just protect us from any frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Jp.

So, that statement was made to just protect us from any legal liability. You can ask any of the artists I've worked with, I've never tried to steal a character. Should we come across a character we want to use forever, we would absolutely give a "Character created by...." credit. Just to be safe, let's just assume we will use the character forever and yes, you will get credit for her creation.

Jp.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:30 am
HIPComix Artist

Hello and thanks for your interest in the contest.

My original idea for this contest was to create an entire new Universe of Supergals and Villains in HIPcomix's sites and as we want that our subscribers and fans be an important part of this new project, we've proposed this contest.

You can design the heroine and story so deep as you wish and I promise that I'll do my best working on her. I'm always pleased to hear what are the opinions and suggestions of my readers about my work. I like to add any of them as far as I'm able to do inside my own universe and stories and as non native english speaker, I prefer to work on stories written by others, even when sometimes are based upon my own ideas, as Max did with SCAR CITY.

Help us to create something new, something ours and yours, walking together into a new HIPcomix Universe.

I'm editing to answer the latest question mentioned by Lewis.

As he says we're men of word, we've never stolen ideas or chars from anybody. Every time I used a char created by other author, I've done it with his permission and always giving him/her the proper credits. This time will be the same, we'll use your char as main char of HIPgals' first story and she'll become a part of that Superheroine Squad. I supose that Lewis says that we'll got the rights over that story and we could use the same char in future ones, always making clear who was the char creator.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Congratulations to b4i4q and Scarlet Lass for winning the 2013 Hipcomix Character creation contest. More here.

http://hipcomixuniverse.com/2013/11/win ... n-contest/

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm