Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am

The price of our growing popularity 
Site Administrator

Post The price of our growing popularity
After the discovery last week that much of our content is being pirated on various image servers then linked to adult oriented discussion groups, I have kept my eyes open for further situations such as this.

This morning I found another forum doing the same thing. Upon discovery of this, I forwarded links and names to Doc Robo. I also, upon discovery six hours later that neither the poster nor the forum administrator had taken action, contacted the image server website and informed them directly of the situation.

We'll just have to keep our eyes open from now on. Between Yahoo groups and the thousands of independently operated forums involved in this action, we have our work cut out.

Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Forum Moderator

Thanks to Max's diligence the offending files have been removed... for now. Of course they'll be back, we'll just have to keep an eye out in order to protect our interests as best we can.

- Doc

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Tue May 08, 2007 2:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

In the aftermath of Jpeger's major forum revision, the problem of ad spammers remains.

We still get an average of 30 new accounts each and every day. Thanks to the flood control timer that Jpeger set, the number of spam posts has been choked.

But since there seems to be enough money in placing spam ads in popular forums for the Google bots to search out and match, we must continue to keep an eye on this situation.

There are patterns to the ad posts. All are adult content. A very few are for on-line drug sales while the vast majority are links to other adult content websites.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:55 am
Forum Moderator

Post registration system changed
Sadly, it has come to this. The forums are constantly being inundated with spam to the tune of sometimes dozens of messages per day. To combat this unfortunate annoyance I have changed the registration from "user" to "admin", meaning that a potential new forum member will have to be approved before he or she can start posting. I don't know how much it will help, but it's worth a shot.

- Doc

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

The Google group that has been a thorn in our side has reared its head again. Whyld Goose is posting HIPComix projects every day, including current chapters.

I've informed Doc Robo already. But I'm getting sick of seeing selfish children taking advantage of our work.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:14 am