Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

Request for HIP art samples for Galaxy of Terror art gallery 
Site Administrator

Post Request for HIP art samples for Galaxy of Terror art gallery
Hi,

HIPComix has had a section in the Galaxy of Terror art gallery for many years, yet we have overlooked adding any new material to that group.

This morning I submitted three Mega*Girl images that are GoT themed for the gallery. And I wonder if any of our other artists would care to provide sample pages?

You can have your character name(s), your name and the HIP URL posted plainly in the image as a watermark to protect your rights.

If you have not seen what GoT is about, take a moment to look their art gallery over and see if you have anything you wish to have shown there.

http://www.gotfanart.com/index.html

Send samples to gotfanart@hughes.net

Last edited by Max Hass on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:56 am
Forum Moderator

Post GOT
That's a great point. Good call, Max. I check the HIPComix gallery out and it looks like all of the art there is from Agent D, the last posted in February of 2003. That would be a pretty good place to promote. I think if each of us submitted a sample or two it would go over well and be a good promotion for HIPComix. I knew of GOT long before I knew of HIP, and I'll bet there are many others out there who would be into what we have to offer.

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

I would suggest that we stagger our contributions to GoT to keep our name in the update list on a regular basis over the next month or two. They only update their website once a week.

That way, we'll get maximum exposure and our name will be seen a number of times.

I'm going to sit on a few more contributions until after the Fourth of July myself.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:24 pm
Site Administrator

Well, the webmaster of GoT finally posted the three Mega*Girl sample images this week. And they would like more samples.

We're also planning a similar project with Vladi' Vizz's Wizards Lair, hosted at Super Heroine Central. Pictures submitted there would be in the name of the artist submitting them, but there's no reason a HIPComix watermark could not be added to each picture.

http://www.superheroinecentral.com/~wizard/

So go through your portfolios and see which of your characters you would like to promote on GoT and Wizards Lair.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:25 am
Forum Moderator

Post GOT
I looked at the "HIPComix" section. It's a good start, although it's too bad that our gallery is buried underneath ads for two other paysites...

I'll see if I can come up with a few images and send them over in the next week or so.

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

Are you thinking of a group HIP portfolio with Vladi? Last time I emailed him he specified at least 9-12 images to justify an individual's Henchman's gallery.

Most of my stuff doesn't strictly fit into his Superheroine theme, but I do have a few rough renders to go with my Supergirl: Against Her Will fiction http://www.superheroinecentral.com/~wizard/Contests/2005_SG/McIlvenna_Will.htm which won his last story contest. So far they have only appeared in my free Renderotica gallery, but I would be happy for them to go towards a HIP contribution. They currenlty lack a HIP logo and, of course, don't feature original heroines. (I've just added them to my WIP gallery here if you want to take a look http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery/album111).

Dose.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Doc: Thanks for thinking of this project.

Doce: Your point is well taken.

My scheme for Wizards Lair isn't for a HIP area like at GoT. The idea of a Henchman gallery is not what I was attempting to promote. The plan is to get any number of our artists to submit one shot projects. I believe I can negotiate such a project with his web mistress.

But this is just an idea. If there is not enough time or interest to proceed with it, we shall focus the efforts on GoT where there are no practical donation limits.

However, while on the subject of GoT and conditions for submissions, the webmaster has posted his desire for JPEGs no larger than 100kb in size. But he posted the Mega*Girl files that I sent him, most were at 150kb on average.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:46 pm
Site Administrator

Well, with the announcement of the new Summer schedule and the membership numbers, I agree with Jpeger that some shameless promotion would be in order.

And since we have an open ended welcome to add heroines in peril images to the GoT gallery, this would be a good time to plan your contributions.

It does not have to be anything spectacular or custom in nature. And you don't need to send a ton of material. Two to three images would be a fine gift and a reminder that we're around and producing new content.

Send samples to gotfanart@hughes.net

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:09 am