Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am

Ivan's grandson Ashley 
HIPComix Artist

Post Ivan's grandson Ashley
In a way, Eric Stanton and Robert Bishop lucked out in that they didn't have their audience on the internet giving them feedback 24/7

The internet is both a blessing and a curse :roll:

I think there's always going to be an Ivan and an Ashleychloroformed in the midst from here on out: someone who thinks membership buys him your soul and the other who thinks everything should be free.

Okay...I feel better...better get back to work :P

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:22 pm
Site Administrator

sorry you got zapped by this character. you really are too nice...don't spread yourself too thin...
none of us want to see you burn out... you're on the books for a heck of a lot of stories...don't add to it...your collaboration with dr. robo is great...
but this creature...eughhhh!

i tried to steer this person to our guest artists, and then i find out that they have contacted every
hip artist....

yo gotta love the enthusiasm...the shit is in the
details...

"i'm your number one fan...WHACK! "

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Post feedback
Yeah... it's a two way street. For every person like Ivan or Ashley who's a borderline nutcase, there are 100 members that you sometimes wish would just say SOMETHING. I guess in this day and age we should be grateful that we've only come across two freaks so far... :wink:

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

I think there's always going to be an Ivan and an Ashleychloroformed in the midst from here on out: someone who thinks membership buys him your soul and the other who thinks everything should be free.

Yeah, Ashley has been getting a little annoying lately. I don't mind doing requests once and a while if someone asks nicely...I really mind when they are demanded, and repeatedly. I know I've ranted a little about it too...kind of burns you out after you spend a few hours on a picture but some little stalker isn't happy because you won't render their EXACT oddball fetish, and they constantly let you know about it. I guess that's always going to be a problem here though. Sometimes interacting with the fanbase is a little...frustrating.

I wonder if we should have some sort of etiquette guidlines for the forums and PMs...I know we don't want to discourage people from posting, but I think that a lot of fans aren't going to bother to post all (or are scared off) if the forums become nothing more than a platform for a bunch of weirdos pushing their "thing" constantly (not counting us, of course. ;-) )

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:35 am
Site Administrator

I'm lucky being the writer in this case. I've only had one request from Ashley asking me if I'd like to write stories for her favorite peril. I politely begged off with a busy schedule.

I've grown a fairly thick skin over the varieties of feedback, from diehard to none at all. The best thing in this case is to be truthful in the fact that this is a place of business and we all have schedules to keep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:42 pm