Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 am

Fixing the forums after The Big Crash 
Forum Moderator

Post Fixing the forums after The Big Crash
I'm sure you all have noticed by now that many forum posts were lost after December 21's crash. Uroboros and Timo were hardest hit. Each of them (along with about 20 other members) lost their profiles and every single one of their posts were deleted. That was about almost 300 total posts down the drain, including about 160 for Timo and about 90 for Uroboros. That is not to mention all the momentum and free publicity that was lost when all those new members disappeared.

What I'm asking is twofold:

First, I would like for each 'moderator' (that's anyone who can see this message) to look over his or her profile and make sure everything is working as it was before the crash. Make sure that you can still log in properly and that all of your posts and privileges are in order.

Second: Because we lost about 25% of our membership, I am asking... no BEGGING for some help in restarting the discussions on the board. PLEASE take a few minutes each day to write a few messages and help to stimulate the conversation. PLEASE promote the HIPComix messageboard, free galleries, and paysite in the groups and forums that you regularly visit. We need to step up our efforts in order to replace (or re-recruit) those lost members. Jpeger told me that over 20 paying customers cancelled their subscriptions with CCBill in the days after the crash. Those are eyeballs that will not see your comics and dollars that will not find their way into your pocket if those members are not replaced.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to air them here or contact me directly. We're a team and we need to start working together, especially after a near-disaster like this.

Thanks.

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW