Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 pm

keeping the forums interesting... 
Forum Moderator

Well, it looks like there are only 13 registered users right now, so perhaps we need to get the word out about the forums to drum up more interest...

- Doc

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Post promotion
Well, I volunteer to cover the 'mind control' end of our little community. I am a member of a number of different groups and message boards on the subject, so I'll start to spread the word that HIP may be a place to take a look-see for erotic comic-style art...

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

One thing to consider in any reader community on-line is the following fact:

Many will read. Few will contribute.

I've been involved in several on-line communities over the past 7 years now. And it is very rare that a large enough volume of persons will gather and want to be interactive. Some just have the fear of the process. Others don't care. And others don't have time or energy to contribute.

I'm not bothered by the lack of traffic for now. I'd rather focus on where the projects are going in general than concern myself over reader feedback when I've seen the same thing happen time and time again.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:50 pm
HIPComix Artist

If you can post unique pictures in the forums viewers can't see anywhere else, it would attract them to the forums then you could steer the populace to the threads where you want them looking all the time.

But, I agree, 90% of the population are just viewers who enjoy your guys work without commenting.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:04 am
Forum Moderator

Post pics in the forums
That's not a bad idea. You can post pics to the forums first and then archive them to the galleries once the forum thread inevitably dies out.

- Doc

Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Post updates listing
I just saw one of Jpeger's other posts and I think it's another way of driving traffic to the forums... post the list of updates here instead of on the front page....

Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Post links
Another simple suggestion is that the links at the bottom of each page don't include the forums as an option. If someone saw a pic/story that they liked and wanted to post a message they would have to navigate all the way back out to the home page and then get into the forums instead of getting there in one click.

- Doc

Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Post links to the forums
Or, how about creating a separate forum topic for each artist (or story title) and then providing a link directly to that forum on each artist's page in the members gallery. That way if a member wants to leave feedback it's just one click to get to the forums instead of having to navigate all the way to the home page and then back into the forums.

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW