Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 am

D.C.G: Teen Justice #2 
HIPComix Artist

Post D.C.G: Teen Justice #2
The kidnappers took off leaving Starlight and Syn behind. Will our heroines be able to rescue the Mayor's son?

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=225646

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 am
Super Villain

Post Re: D.C.G: Teen Justice #2
Dear B69:

I think you’re trying at a deconstruction of the superhero genre: Here we have seen all the things that can go wrong to a superhero in real life:

Page 2: Your partner abandons you because you’re very slow.

Page 3: The heroine has not put all her costume.

Page 4: Her partner was assigned by another superheroine who can exert a lot of professional pressure.

Page 5: The heroine’s presentation can be showed only in full costume!

Page 6: The vehicles that the heroine uses had to be parked somewhere, those don’t came magically… well, not for non magical heroines.

Page 7: I would have seen that trick in a James Bond movie, but modern tech almost got us right with vehicles controlled remotely.

Page 8: You can have super speed, but still you have to use high heels if you want to look good. And thinking again about that… where did she buy her boots? Those high heels must be very resistant to run at super speed without damage.

Page 9: You can drive with a sky mask… but you must respect red lights if you don’t wanna attract attention.

Page 10: No, nothing.

Page 11: Well, that would happen when you are chasing a car, at super speed. Why didn’t happen more in the superhero comics?

As we see, all of this is perfectly logic, but is showed with a lot of good humor and all the character’s design are really cool.

I am anxious to see next issue!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:58 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hector wrote:
Dear B69:

I think you’re trying at a deconstruction of the superhero genre: Here we have seen all the things that can go wrong to a superhero in real life:

Page 2: Your partner abandons you because you’re very slow.

Page 3: The heroine has not put all her costume.

Page 4: Her partner was assigned by another superheroine who can exert a lot of professional pressure.

Page 5: The heroine’s presentation can be showed only in full costume!

Page 6: The vehicles that the heroine uses had to be parked somewhere, those don’t came magically… well, not for non magical heroines.

Page 7: I would have seen that trick in a James Bond movie, but modern tech almost got us right with vehicles controlled remotely.

Page 8: You can have super speed, but still you have to use high heels if you want to look good. And thinking again about that… where did she buy her boots? Those high heels must be very resistant to run at super speed without damage.

Page 9: You can drive with a sky mask… but you must respect red lights if you don’t wanna attract attention.

Page 10: No, nothing.

Page 11: Well, that would happen when you are chasing a car, at super speed. Why didn’t happen more in the superhero comics?

As we see, all of this is perfectly logic, but is showed with a lot of good humor and all the character’s design are really cool.

I am anxious to see next issue!

Thanks for the feedback

Personally I don't like "perfect" heroes, I prefer them with flaws. I also try to put them in realistic situations.

I think the map interface she has to control her bike is better than how "Batman" just pushes a knob on his belt and his car drives and stops right next to him.

One does not purchase a super heroine costume, they have to be custom designed.

They stopped at a red light to avoid an accident. The kidnappers are safe drivers lol.

Also, Starlight has braces (see attached)

Attachments:
Starlight braces.jpg
Starlight braces.jpg [ 270.04 KiB | Viewed 8415 times ]
Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:55 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hector's right. There were a lot of nice touches in this update.

I liked your motion effects. I struggled with that when I was starting out, and still do. I used to use motion lines, but dropped those. Now I just use motion effects for things or people moving superfast (like Starlight).

Good job!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Mr. Cryptic wrote:
Hector's right. There were a lot of nice touches in this update.

I liked your motion effects. I struggled with that when I was starting out, and still do. I used to use motion lines, but dropped those. Now I just use motion effects for things or people moving superfast (like Starlight).

Good job!

Thanks I use motion blur in Photoshop

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:04 am