Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 am

D.C.G. Dura City Guardians # 1 
Super Villain

Post D.C.G. Dura City Guardians # 1
Dear B69:

Welcome to Hip Comix. I notice there is no post from you, so I will initiate this because I am anxious to review # 1 of DCG.

The first thing I noticed of your comic was your stunning character design: Starlight and Syn are two of the most gorgeous characters I have seen in a long time. Starlight’s hair is fantastic. You’re a gifted artist.

And as a writer, I loved the humor you manage here. I don’t think that a superhero comic character could ever believe taking a shortcut is a good idea since Batman, but those two are superheroines after all.
Another thing I think it´s funny – even unintentional – it’s your disclaimer in the cover:

(D.C.G. Dura City Guardians.

TEEN JUSTICE.

(All characters portrayed are at least 18 years old).

He he he, priceless, so could I suggest “Late Teen Justice” as a better subtitle? It beats “Young Adult Justice” everytime!

And the son of the mayor! Man, I really hope he is the true mastermind behind the conflict of this comic because no one must go out dressed like that. There is not excuse, no self respect hero, villain or civilian, well, not even the joker would dress like that.

I loved how Clark Ke… eh, Ashna Simmons only difference with Starlight were some glasses (The bicolored hair must denounce her secret identity faster than a bullet) and how she could do a transformation like “Sailor Moon”. His impressive rack remember me of Power Girl, and I think it’s anatomically impossible to be so well endowed with a waist like a wasp… But I am not complaining, who could?

Well, the thing I loved was that Starlight get her “presentation frame” when she finished her transformation, but Syn still hasn’t finish and she still has not “presentation frame”. We’ll have to wait for next issue, I guess.

And about Syn: If anyones costume could be justified by being “dressed in capes” (your costume underneath your civil clothes) it’s Syn’s costume. Why she didn’t think of that?

I was going to complain: what kind of heroines are them? Does a heroine dress like Ashna and Elizabeth? Does a heroine cares for front page? What kind of heroine cares about if the Kidnapping victim is sexy or not (even when it’s justified, I mean, those clothes!) and what kind of heroine let the kidnappers go away?

The answer is obvious: a teen heroine!

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional.

I already want to see next issue, thanks for a gorgeous and funny issue!

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:28 pm
Site Administrator

Post Re: D.C.G. Dura City Guardians # 1
Hi Hector,

B69 has not opened a user account on the HIPComix forum as of yet. So we'll have to wait for him to sign up.

By the way, B69 posts other free work on The Wizard's Lair. You can find his work listed in the updates section.

http://www.superheroinecentral.com/~wizard/

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:16 pm
Super Villain

Max, you're not only a great writer, but a nice person. ;)

Thank you very much! I will wait for B69 to suscribe!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:00 am
HIPComix Artist

Hector wrote:
Dear B69:

Welcome to Hip Comix. I notice there is no post from you, so I will initiate this because I am anxious to review # 1 of DCG.

The first thing I noticed of your comic was your stunning character design: Starlight and Syn are two of the most gorgeous characters I have seen in a long time. Starlight’s hair is fantastic. You’re a gifted artist.

And as a writer, I loved the humor you manage here. I don’t think that a superhero comic character could ever believe taking a shortcut is a good idea since Batman, but those two are superheroines after all.
Another thing I think it´s funny – even unintentional – it’s your disclaimer in the cover:

(D.C.G. Dura City Guardians.

TEEN JUSTICE.

(All characters portrayed are at least 18 years old).

He he he, priceless, so could I suggest “Late Teen Justice” as a better subtitle? It beats “Young Adult Justice” everytime!

And the son of the mayor! Man, I really hope he is the true mastermind behind the conflict of this comic because no one must go out dressed like that. There is not excuse, no self respect hero, villain or civilian, well, not even the joker would dress like that.

I loved how Clark Ke… eh, Ashna Simmons only difference with Starlight were some glasses (The bicolored hair must denounce her secret identity faster than a bullet) and how she could do a transformation like “Sailor Moon”. His impressive rack remember me of Power Girl, and I think it’s anatomically impossible to be so well endowed with a waist like a wasp… But I am not complaining, who could?

Well, the thing I loved was that Starlight get her “presentation frame” when she finished her transformation, but Syn still hasn’t finish and she still has not “presentation frame”. We’ll have to wait for next issue, I guess.

And about Syn: If anyones costume could be justified by being “dressed in capes” (your costume underneath your civil clothes) it’s Syn’s costume. Why she didn’t think of that?

I was going to complain: what kind of heroines are them? Does a heroine dress like Ashna and Elizabeth? Does a heroine cares for front page? What kind of heroine cares about if the Kidnapping victim is sexy or not (even when it’s justified, I mean, those clothes!) and what kind of heroine let the kidnappers go away?

The answer is obvious: a teen heroine!

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional.

I already want to see next issue, thanks for a gorgeous and funny issue!

Thanks for the feedback. I've spent a lot of time designing my characters so I'm glad you like them. Originally I was going to name it "Young Justice" but that title is already taken by DC. (Starlight is 18yrs and Syn is 19) Lol you will find out later why the mayor's son dresses like that. If Syn wears her costume underneath she won't be able to wear those sexy tight jeans and top. Fashion 1st!

You're welcome! and look out for DCG: Teen Justice Issue #2 on Sunday 15th!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 pm
Super Villain

Hi B69!

You can bet I'm anxious to see next number!

BTW, could you post the cover is Issue 2 in the gallery?

Thanks!

Hector

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hector wrote:
Hi B69!

You can bet I'm anxious to see next number!

BTW, could you post the cover is Issue 2 in the gallery?

Thanks!

Hector

Done

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:03 am