Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

VICTORY LEGION: CITY OF HEROINES! 
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: VICTORY LEGION: CITY OF HEROINES!
Ishtar has discovered that her friends, American Goddess, Brickhouse, and Sonic Siren are being controlled by a mysterious super-villain!
But will Ishtar fall under the Final Boss' power as well!?
See the action in Victory Legion #22, in the HIP Comix Member's Area, now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery3/index.php/cryptic001a

Sun May 25, 2014 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

Brickhouse definitely has more innate, biological strength than Ishtar. When Ishtar was being tested by Sovereign, she must have been boosting her strength with magic. Ishtar has multiple methods for boosting her strength. She can get superstrength from her magical garments, but she can also cast a strength spell using her magical knowledge (a spell doesn't last as long and requires an incantation to activate). Brickhouse's main power is her invulnerability. If Ishtar is using her magic, she can be stronger than Brickhouse, but probably not as invulnerable.

I've wavered back and forth on what a god is in my comics, at least the kind of god Isthar is. I've pretty much settled on the idea that Ishtar is a human woman, and not not some kind of alien humanoid, but she possesses magic powerful enough that she can't die permanantly. I think her mastery of magic has also allowed her to develop her body to human perfection. In the absence of active magical power enhancing her abilities, she's an extraordinarily athletic and skilled, but not superhuman, woman. When Ishtar is in her Maria Jones identity, she usually does not use magic to enhance her abilities, because a magically sensitive person would be able to see it, and possibly figure out her secret.[/quote]

Last edited by lotchj on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:36 pm
Petty Criminal

[quote="lotchj"][quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

Brickhouse definitely has more innate, biological strength than Ishtar. When Ishtar was being tested by Sovereign, she must have been boosting her strength with magic. Ishtar has multiple methods for boosting her strength. She can get superstrength from her magical garments, but she can also cast a strength spell using her magical knowledge (a spell doesn't last as long and requires an incantation to activate). Brickhouse's main power is her invulnerability. If Ishtar is using her magic, she can be stronger than Brickhouse, but probably not as invulnerable.

I've wavered back and forth on what a god is in my comics, at least the kind of god Isthar is. I've pretty much settled on the idea that Ishtar is a human woman, and not not some kind of alien humanoid, but she possesses magic powerful enough that she can't die permanantly. I think her mastery of magic has also allowed her to develop her body to human perfection. In the absence of active magical power enhancing her abilities, she's an extraordinarily athletic and skilled, but not superhuman, woman. When Ishtar is in her Maria Jones identity, she usually does not use magic to enhance her abilities, because a magically sensitive person would be able to see it, and possibly figure out her secret.[/quote]

(Too be honest what Ishtar is, is a mystery to me!! Is she really a goddess?? She not like other gods and Goddess, she not like a Asgardian or Olympian god , she doesn't have superhuman strength, speed, stamina or durability, she doesn't have a high resistance to physical injury. She has a lot of magical knowledge, she doesn't have the skill level other goddesses have with magic, as shown by her inability to defeat a novice mage, she's not on the level with a goddess like the enchantress or a mortal like Doctor Strange. I think of Gods and Goddesses as being immortal!! She really isn't!! Time is different in her dimension than in our dimension, you stated that in her dimension she's a woman that will grow old an die!! Everything about her is un-god like. Too me she seems to be just a woman from another dimension that knows magic!! Why is she called a Goddess??)

Have no idea why so many copies were made of my comments

Last edited by lotchj on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:42 pm
Petty Criminal

[quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

(Too be honest what Ishtar is a mystery to me!! Is she really a god?? She not like other gods, she not like a Asgardian or Olympian god , she doesn't have superhuman strength, speed, stamina or durability, she doesn't have a high resistance to physical injury. She has a lot of magical knowledge, she doesn't have the skill level of most goddesses when it come to magic, as shown by her inability to defeat a novice mage, she's not on the level with a goddess like the enchantress or a mortal like Doctor Strange. I think of Gods and Goddesses as being immortal!! She really isn't!! Time is different in her dimension than in our dimension, you stated that in her dimension she's a woman that will grow old an die!! Everything about her is un-god like. Too me she seems to be just a human woman from another dimension that knows magic!! Why is called a Goddess??)

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:57 pm
Petty Criminal

[quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

(Too be honest what Ishtar is a mystery to me!! Is she really a goddess?? She not like other gods, she not like a Asgardian or Olympian god , she doesn't have superhuman strength, speed, stamina or durability, she doesn't have a high resistance to physical injury. She has a lot of magical knowledge, she doesn't have the skill level of most goddesses when it come to magic, as shown by her inability to defeat a novice mage, she's not on the level with a goddess like the enchantress or a mortal like Doctor Strange. I think of Gods and Goddesses as being immortal!! She really isn't!! Time is different in her dimension than in our dimension, you stated that in her dimension she's a woman that will grow old an die!! Everything about her is un-god like. Too me she seems to be just a human woman from another dimension that knows magic!! Why is called a Goddess??)[/quote]

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:58 pm
Petty Criminal

[quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

(Too be honest what Ishtar is a mystery to me!! Is she really a goddess?? She not like other gods, she not like a Asgardian or Olympian god , she doesn't have superhuman strength, speed, stamina or durability, she doesn't have a high resistance to physical injury. She has a lot of magical knowledge, she doesn't have the skill level of most goddesses when it come to magic, as shown by her inability to defeat a novice mage, she's not on the level with a goddess like the enchantress or a mortal like Doctor Strange. I think of Gods and Goddesses as being immortal!! She really isn't!! Time is different in her dimension than in our dimension, you stated that in her dimension she's a woman that will grow old an die!! Everything about her is un-god like. Too me she seems to be just a human woman from another dimension that knows magic!! Why is called a Goddess??)

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:58 pm
Petty Criminal

[quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

(Too be honest what Ishtar is, is a mystery to me!! Is she really a goddess?? She not like other gods, she not like a Asgardian or Olympian god , she doesn't have superhuman strength, speed, stamina or durability, she doesn't have a high resistance to physical injury. She has a lot of magical knowledge, she doesn't have the skill level of most goddesses when it come to magic, as shown by her inability to defeat a novice mage, she's not on the level with a goddess like the enchantress or a mortal like Doctor Strange. I think of Gods and Goddesses as being immortal!! She really isn't!! Time is different in her dimension than in our dimension, you stated that in her dimension she's a woman that will grow old an die!! Everything about her is un-god like. Too me she seems to be just a human woman from another dimension that knows magic!! Why is called a Goddess??)

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:59 pm
Petty Criminal

[quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

(Too be honest what Ishtar is, is a mystery to me!! Is she really a goddess?? She not like other gods, she not like a Asgardian or Olympian god , she doesn't have superhuman strength, speed, stamina or durability, she doesn't have a high resistance to physical injury. She has a lot of magical knowledge, she doesn't have the skill level of most goddesses when it come to magic, as shown by her inability to defeat a novice mage, she's not on the level with a goddess like the enchantress or a mortal like Doctor Strange. I think of Gods and Goddesses as being immortal!! She really isn't!! Time is different in her dimension than in our dimension, you stated that in her dimension she's a woman that will grow old an die!! Everything about her is un-god like. Too me she seems to be just a woman from another dimension that knows magic!! Why is called a Goddess??)

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:01 pm
Petty Criminal

[quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="lotchj"][quote="Mr. Cryptic"]A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

(Too be honest what Ishtar is, is a mystery to me!! Is she really a goddess?? She not like other gods, she not like a Asgardian or Olympian god , she doesn't have superhuman strength, speed, stamina or durability, she doesn't have a high resistance to physical injury. She has a lot of magical knowledge, she doesn't have the skill level of most goddesses when it come to magic, as shown by her inability to defeat a novice mage, she's not on the level with a goddess like the enchantress or a mortal like Doctor Strange. I think of Gods and Goddesses as being immortal!! She really isn't!! Time is different in her dimension than in our dimension, you stated that in her dimension she's a woman that will grow old an die!! Everything about her is un-god like. Too me she seems to be just a woman from another dimension that knows magic!! Why is she called a Goddess??)

Have no idea why five copies were made of my comments!!!

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:02 pm
HIPComix Artist

In the finale of "City of Heroines," will the Final Boss make Ishtar into another living doll robot like the other superheroines, or will she resist him!?
Will American Goddess, Sonic Siren, and Brickhouse be remote controlled robots forever!?
Find out in Victory Legion #23, in the HIP Comix Member's Area now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery3/index.php/cryptic001a

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic, nice installment. I have to say I didn't think Ishtar would save the day, in the past whatever form of mind control is used on Ishtar, she's quickly enslaved. It was good to see her come thru and save everyone!! In this installment Ishtar shown why she is thought of as the greatest Victory City heroines. But this is only the first round we still haven't see the final boss!! I have too say this is the first story where there was almost no sex, only very quickly at the start of the story with the American Goddess, only a couple of pages. Most of this story was sex-less!! It was mostly about the players showing they could use the heroines like toys. You know I'm not into seeing the heroines being controlled by villains, but I can deal with the heroines being their sexual pets when being mind control, there was very little of that in this story. Most battles between the heroes and the villains are sexual battles, not them beating up on each other. Which is the reason I've been a long time fan. I think adult heroines site feature the bondages and violence thing way to much!! Even those your stories are feature on a adult heroines site, their as least about controlling heroines with pleasure, not about the heroines being controlled with pain and being made to suffer, which seem to be the big thing with adult heroines site.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 pm
HIPComix Artist

It's kind of ironic that the most "zombie robot" mind control story I've done is here at HIP Comix, when it would make more sense to have it at MC Comix. But I was still working on finishing the Prospero storyline at MC Comix so I did this story here.

I hadn't thought about their being less sex in this story. I think the story is still very sexual even if there's less graphic sex. I'm not really into turning women into sex robots. I'm more into seeing men seducing women (and the other way around).

Ishtar wasn't really the main focus in this story, which is largely why she saved the day. This is Heroine in Peril Comix, so this storyline was focused on the three heroines (mainly American Goddess) being turned into living toys. It was convenient to use Ishtar to save them, because it allowed me to conclude the storyline, while at the same time shoring up Ishtar's reputation as a powerful heroine.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:40 pm
Profile WWW