Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

VICTORY LEGION: CITY OF HEROINES! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY LEGION: CITY OF HEROINES!
A mysterious new villain, the Final Boss, plots against the heroines of the VICTORY LEGION!
The first target is American Goddess (the petite, blond, new American Goddess, in case you're wondering)!
(Superheroines getting chloroformed never gets old, as far as I'm concerned :) !)
The action begins in VICTORY LEGION #14, in the member's area now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: VICTORY LEGION: CITY OF HEROINES!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! So their a final boss!! and it seems he knows a little about how American Goddess garments work, wonder if the same go's for Ishtar too?? But what is the breastplate of command?? This is the first time I've heard of that!! I thought American Goddess breastplates work the same way Ishtar does, I thought American Goddess breastplates provided her with a invisible field that absorbs the energy from physical and energy strikes like Ishtar breast plates do???

Oh!! I know you have explain this before, but I will never understand how a villain with no super strength can hold a heroine with super strength long enough for the drug to work!! It's not a question, I just think it most likely the villain would find himself flying a cross the room face first into a wall! It much more believable if the villain used a gas from a safe distance to knockout the heroine with super strength, not a villain with no super strength being able to hold a heroine with super strength long enough for her to pass out from the drug under less she's like batgirl a heroine with no powers!! As least for me!! that one i'll never get!!

So does American Goddess garments work different than Ishtar??? American Goddess said she has super reflexes, is this a power Ishtar has!! Because Ishtar is really slow to react, there's been several times her foes have been able to come up behind her and take her garment off, Ishtar is really slow when it come to reflexes, you can even say she's super slow!! Does Ishtar have super reflexes like American Goddess does are do their garments give them different powers??

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:48 am
HIPComix Artist

lotchj wrote:
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! So their a final boss!! and it seems he knows a little about how American Goddess garments work, wonder if the same go's for Ishtar too?? But what is the breastplate of command?? This is the first time I've heard of that!! I thought American Goddess breastplates work the same way Ishtar does, I thought American Goddess breastplates provided her with a invisible field that absorbs the energy from physical and energy strikes like Ishtar breast plates do???

"Boss" is a video game term for a unique enemy that is the most difficult opponent on a level. A "final boss" is the last, most powerful boss in the game. For whatever reason, the mastermind apparently chose it for his/her codename.

The breastplate of command was used in Ring of Domination. The original American Goddess used it to get Thundervolt to surrender. She also used it in Tales of the Crypticverse #3, although the breastplate wasn't actually mentioned. American Goddess uses her reflexes and her bracelets to deflect attacks. If she was just invulnerable in general, she wouldn't need to deflect attacks with her bracelets. When Ishtar gets shot at, she doesn't need to block the bullets. They just bounce off no matter where they hit her.

lotchj wrote:
Oh!! I know you have explain this before, but I will never understand how a villain with no super strength can hold a heroine with super strength long enough for the drug to work!! It's not a question, I just think it most likely the villain would find himself flying a cross the room face first into a wall! It much more believable if the villain used a gas from a safe distance to knockout the heroine with super strength, not a villain with no super strength being able to hold a heroine with super strength long enough for her to pass out from the drug under less she's like batgirl a heroine with no powers!! As least for me!! that one i'll never get!!

In American Goddess' case, her danger sense actually kind of works against her in regards to chloroform. For her, chloroform can knock her out, but doesn't kill her, and for this reason her danger sense doesn't react to it. Because she is in the habit of letting her danger sense to warn her of attacks, she is a bit less prepared than the average person against attacks intended to incapacitate without injury.

The main part where disbelief has to be suspended here is, in real life, chloroform wouldn't work that fast, and it would also be easy to accidently overdose the victim and kill them. I think that would also be true of a gas cloud. Having him mkae her breathe helps make it a little more believeble, since that would make it work a lto better than if she could hold her breath.

As far as the difference in strength goes, you have to assume that the chloroform works so fast that they lose the ability to fight back before they have a chance to react. That's pretty much what happens in Fausta the Nazi Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter lifts her hands, presumalby to fight back, but then they drop back down before she gets her hands on the Nazi henchman.

http://youtu.be/de3Uy4y9AxM

lotchj wrote:
So does American Goddess garments work different than Ishtar??? American Goddess said she has super reflexes, is this a power Ishtar has!! Because Ishtar is really slow to react, there's been several times her foes have been able to come up behind her and take her garment off, Ishtar is really slow when it come to reflexes, you can even say she's super slow!! Does Ishtar have super reflexes like American Goddess does are do their garments give them different powers??

Ishtar pretty much traded super-reflexes in for invulnerability when she gave up her American Goddess identity. And even for American Goddess, her super-reflexes only work against really injuring attacks (bullets, knives, etc.)

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:28 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

In the last chapter, American Goddess was chloroformed by a minion of the mysterious villain called the Final Boss!
She awakens strapped down, with no idea what her captors have planned for her!
Find out what awaits Ashley in Victory Legion #15, in the member's area NOW!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:47 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Cryptic!! Nice start to the series!! Now that I know Ashley garments work different than Ishtar. I wonder does the new American Goddess have the same need for sex as Ishtar, since Ashley doesn't generate prana on her own like Ishtar does. Her prana is provided by the ring of life! I know you said the ring of life draws prana from it surrounding, but at some point does the new American Goddess need to have sex to keep from being overcome by her desires or to maintain her powers, since she's kind of a love Goddess like Ishtar?? Guess what i'm asking is, does she get a build up of prana like Ishtar???

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 pm
HIPComix Artist

American Goddess doesn't build up prana like Ishtar. She does tend to get hornier if she is weakened, because she draws energy from sex, and if she needs energy then that results in her wanting sex (kind of like a hunger). The Ring of Life absorbs energy given off by fertile sexual activity and increases her power level.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:15 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Chloroformed and kidnapped, American Goddess, AKA Ashley Salvani, find herself at the mercy of a criminal thug working for a mysterious mastermind!
At least part of the criminal plan is finally revealed!
Ashley is turned into a remote controlled superheroine!
See it in Victory Legion #16, in the HIP Comix member's area now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery3/index.php/cryptic001a

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Interesting update!! Who is this final boss? How does he or she know so much about how the American Goddess powers work ?? Does he or she know how all the heroes powers work??? Does this final boss know their weaknesses too???? It seems this final boss has been studying the heroes and learning about their abilities!! Let me make this comment, usually the sexual encounters are hot and intense!! But the sexual encounter between the American Goddess and the final boss henchman was very bland, that a first!! I'm wondering if this is a sign of thing to come, you toning down the hot sex scenes, making the sex scenes more bland now???! I hope not, I'm hoping it was because you wanted to focus on the machine he was using to enslave the American Goddess and to show she could be controlled by using a key board. I can't wait to see the final boss!! What is he or she planning? Looking forward to the next installment!!

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:03 am
HIPComix Artist

lotchj wrote:
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Interesting update!! Who is this final boss? How does he or she know so much about how the American Goddess powers work ?? Does he or she know how all the heroes powers work??? Does this final boss know their weaknesses too???? It seems this final boss has been studying the heroes and learning about their abilities!! Let me make this comment, usually the sexual encounters are hot and intense!! But the sexual encounter between the American Goddess and the final boss henchman was very bland, that a first!! I'm wondering if this is a sign of thing to come, you toning down the hot sex scenes, making the sex scenes more bland now???! I hope not, I'm hoping it was because you wanted to focus on the machine he was using to enslave the American Goddess and to show she could be controlled by using a key board. I can't wait to see the final boss!! What is he or she planning? Looking forward to the next installment!!

The thug has an inside source of information on American Goddesses powers. There'll be more on that later.

I didn't mean for the sexual encounter to be bland, but I did kind of intend for it to be quick and frenetic. The thug really wasn't planning to do that, but she asked him too, and he's not an expert in sex like Ishtar, or Sovereign or Prospero. Ashley wasn't really that sure about having sex with crook, but she was just really horny. Thus, the sex was kind of clumsy and awkward. I thought the spontaneousness of it was kind of sexy, but maybe I was trying to be too realistic by having it end fast. I could maybe embellish that scene with more pages. I remember Sam Kinison did a bit on how he regretted videotaping himself having sex, because he looked like a sick polar bear. I'll try to make the sex more dramatic next time :) .

This story is going to be about turning superheroines into remote controlled puppets, but I'm not that in to the whole blanking their minds so that they're drones. In this story the villains use sexual stimulation to make the heroines want to be puppets (real similar to Dr. Pretorius, and Prospero except he uses magic). I had the big vibrator machine mainly to make it more visually apparent that Ashley was being dominated by machines. The nanomachines injected into her are what's really doing it, but you can't see them. This story would fit in well at MC Comix, but I just want get the Prospero story done before I start anything new there.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:27 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

In the last update of Victory Legion, American Goddess had been turned into a sexy remote controlled puppet by the Final Boss and his minion!
The Final Boss' conspiracy spreads as he sets his sights on the buff and beautiful heroine, Brickhouse!
How many heroines will fall under the Boss' power? Keep reading Victory Legion at HIP Comix to find out!
Victory Legion #17 is in the HIP Comix member's area, now!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:18 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

The Final Boss and his minion, Goonboy, have already turned two heroines, American Goddess and Brickhouse, into remote controlled toys!
Their new target is the sultry superheroine diva named Sonic Siren!
See her fall into their trap in Victory Legion #18, in the HIP Comix member's area, now!

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:09 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

The Final Boss' sinister game, "City of Heroines" has finally gone live!
Gamers log in to play as their favorite superheroines!
Tamed with mind control technology, the heroines are helpless to fight back as they are controlled like puppets by their masters!
What will the heroines be compelled to do!? Can they ever escape this bondage!?
The game begins in Victory Legion #19, in the HIP Comix member's area now!

Sorry this is late. The groundhog saw his shadow, which means Mr. Cryptic needs another 6 hours to finish his update :) !

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

AMERICAN GODDESS, BRICKHOUSE, and SONIC SIREN have been turned into robotic action dolls!
The three sexy champions of justice continue to fight against Victory City's enemies, but now do so as remote controlled game pieces in the online game, CITY OF HEROINES!
A trio of online gamers control their every word and action!
Can anyone rescue them from this digital servitude!?
Find out in Victory Legion #20, in the HIP Comix member's area now!

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Still have no idea where this story is going??? It's good to see Ishtar!! it's the first time we have seen Ishtar this year!! I thought she was becoming a background character, Brickhouse, American Goddess and siren all are starring in stories, you have created new characters and put them in their own stories. But there has been nothing new with Ishtar since the last installment of The Adventures of Ishtar back in September. I hope she plays a big part in this storyline. Again it's good to see Ishtar after so long!!

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:15 pm
HIPComix Artist

It's nice to get back to portraying Ishtar. I noticed I hadn't done any updates with her in awhile. That wasn't by design, it was just the way the storylines and updates just happened to fall out.

You'll probably be seeing a lot more of Ishtar in the upcoming months :) .

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:40 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

AMERICAN GODDESS, BRICKHOUSE, and SONIC SIREN have been turned into remote control dolls!
Completely obedient, they act as toys for gamers who want to play at being heroines in the FINAL BOSS' sinister simulation, CITY OF HEROINES!
Can even ISHTAR save them!?
The story continues in Victory Legion #21, in the HIP Comix Member's Area, now!

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Interesting installment, because it reveal something new about the way Ishtar magical powers work. In the ROD story when she was the American Goddess it was revealed her strength level lack consistency, she can pull a metal door open with her bare hands and tear armor off a villain, but she can't break the grip of a villain with no super strength from drugging her or break the villain grip with no super strength before their drugs can take a effect. It was revealed in the two big saga, one she can become overheated with her own prana. That was revealed in the first sage, in the second saga a few things were revealed in the second saga, one she's really powerless without her garments, two she not really a skilled Sorceress!! This installment reveal another weakness or how inconsistent her magic is!! In the Crytopedia it said one of her garments, her breastplate of protection, creates a invisible field!! In the past you have shown bullets not being able too get thru her magical shield, but a dart can pass right thru!! Does she have to be facing a threat for her magic too work?? it seem she's totally helpless when someone attacked her from behind!! It's still good to see her back and she still looks hot!!

Fri May 02, 2014 10:58 pm
HIPComix Artist

lotchj wrote:
In the Crytopedia it said one of her garments, her breastplate of protection, creates a invisible field!! In the past you have shown bullets not being able too get thru her magical shield, but a dart can pass right thru!! Does she have to be facing a threat for her magic too work?? it seem she's totally helpless when someone attacked her from behind!! It's still good to see her back and she still looks hot!!

Ishtar's protective field blocks projectiles over a certain level of kinetic energy. Bullets transfer a lot of energy, and are blocked. The same would be true for deadly energy beams. A dart that merely pricks Ishtar's skin has much less kinetic energy than a bullet. People can touch Ishtar without being blocked, but if someone throws a punch with enough energy to cause serious injury, it will be blocked.

Tue May 13, 2014 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"][quote="lotchj"] In the Crytopedia it said one of her garments, her breastplate of protection, creates a invisible field!! In the past you have shown bullets not being able too get thru her magical shield, but a dart can pass right thru!! Does she have to be facing a threat for her magic too work?? it seem she's totally helpless when someone attacked her from behind!! It's still good to see her back and she still looks hot!![/quote]

Ishtar's protective field blocks projectiles over a certain level of kinetic energy. Bullets transfer a lot of energy, and are blocked. The same would be true for deadly energy beams. A dart that merely pricks Ishtar's skin has much less kinetic energy than a bullet. People can touch Ishtar without being blocked, but if someone throws a punch with enough energy to cause serious injury, it will be blocked.[/quote]

Mr. Cryptic, you say Ishtar's protective field blocks projectiles over a certain level of kinetic energy. It blocks bullets, deadly energy beams or a punch powerful enough to cause serious injury, and a dart doesn't have enough kinetic energy to cause the field to block it!! My question, if the shield is suppose to block things that can cause her serious injury or kill her. What if the dart is fill with deadly poison, will the shield stop the dart fill with poison or will it pass right thru and kill Ishtar? If the shield can't stop a dart fill with poison because of the lack of kinetic energy, that a big weakness with her magical shield. Does this also mean if she faces a foe that is just a more skilled fighter than she is, but doesn't pack the power to cause serious injury can knock her out with the pure numbers of punches sense their punches don't have enough kinetic energy to cause the field to block the punches. After all without the protection of her shield Ishtar is no different than any other person, she can be hurt by punches, bullets anything that can hurt any human being. Even those it has been several years since the environment chamber test that Soverign give Brickhouse, i still don't know how they accurately measure Ishtar physical abilities if she took these environment chamber test with her garments on, when Brickhouse took the test in the nude!! Ishtar can't be seen as Brickhouse physical equal, Brickhouse powers are natural, Isthar physical abilities are enhance by her magical garments without her garments she is no more invulnerable than a regular person, she's no stronger than most women, without Ishtar garments a lot of everyday men are stronger than she is!! How was Ishtar natural physical abilities measure??

Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 am
HIPComix Artist

A dart filled with poison could kill Ishtar, but it wouldn't be permanent since she's a goddess, meaning she has the power to cross between the realms of the living and the dead. What that would actually look like is not clear. I think dying would actually impede her less than being drugged, because being drugged might keep her unconscious for a longer period of time than it would take her to return to life. It may be that when she dies, she immediately comes back at full strength, so crooks try to incapacitate her without killing her.

Brickhouse definitely has more innate, biological strength than Ishtar. When Ishtar was being tested by Sovereign, she must have been boosting her strength with magic. Ishtar has multiple methods for boosting her strength. She can get superstrength from her magical garments, but she can also cast a strength spell using her magical knowledge (a spell doesn't last as long and requires an incantation to activate). Brickhouse's main power is her invulnerability. If Ishtar is using her magic, she can be stronger than Brickhouse, but probably not as invulnerable.

I've wavered back and forth on what a god is in my comics, at least the kind of god Isthar is. I've pretty much settled on the idea that Ishtar is a human woman, and not not some kind of alien humanoid, but she possesses magic powerful enough that she can't die permanantly. I think her mastery of magic has also allowed her to develop her body to human perfection. In the absence of active magical power enhancing her abilities, she's an extraordinarily athletic and skilled, but not superhuman, woman. When Ishtar is in her Maria Jones identity, she usually does not use magic to enhance her abilities, because a magically sensitive person would be able to see it, and possibly figure out her secret.

Sat May 17, 2014 10:50 pm
Profile WWW