Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #10! 
HIPComix Artist

Post ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #10!
Ishtar pits her divine power against the mesmerizing glow of Hypnotica's uncanny breasts!
Watch the contest of titans in Ishtar Vs. Indeks #10, in the Member's section now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Post Re: ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #10!
Dear Mr. Cryptic:

If I understand Hypnotica powers enough… couldn’t be better if Ishtar would have only closed her eyes?

I mean, she is a goddess and all, but instead of only trying to help American goddess, she could have beaten Hypnotica easily, I think…

Maybe is that I am seriously overthinking this, but I believe that Ishtar, as a goddess, could overpower easily most of their enemies… is only the sex that gets in her way… could you explain a little about Ishtar true powers, or true skills?

Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 am
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #10!
Hypnotica is Trishbot's character, and I discussed this with her prior to plotting this. Eyelids are not sufficient to block Hypnotica's power (otherwise I think others would have also just closed their eyes too). In the Hypnotica series, Max Indeks and some others wore special goggles to protect themselves from her powers. Ishtar's mystic invisible shield is functionally analogous to those goggles by blocking Hypnotica's power. I think very few entities have the means to block Hypnotica's power (apart from escaping or hiding behind a wall, etc.). APEX is very wealthy and created her powers so it makes sense they could manufacture shields agaisnt her powers, and Ishtar is a powerful goddess sorceress, so she knows how to create powerful magical barriers.

I did think a lot about how Max would avoid Hypnotica's powers in this story, since he's not wearing goggles. I had planned to say he was wearing protective contact lens, but in the final edit it seemed like I could just finesse it by implying he was out of the arc of effect when Ishtar got zapped.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am
Profile WWW