Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #8! 
HIPComix Artist

Post ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #8!
After her ordeal of being turned into a "Robogoddess," Ishtar goes to meet her enemy, Max Indeks, face to face!
Does Max have any more tricks up his sleeve, or will he have to face the wrath of a goddess!?
Find out in Ishtar Vs. Indeks #8, in the member's section now!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #8!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! First let me say that the love scene is hot!! But i have to say i'm completely lost!! What just happened?? She's never done this before?! I can only say huh?? What is she trying to do to Max??! Again HUH!!!??

Let me add this is the first time Ishtar has had sex with a villain where her mind is her own, meaning she not under a spell,being controlled by a device!! Also she knows he a villain, not like with lord Prospero when she first met him while on vacation as Maria Jones!! She's completely aware!! She's doing this of her own free will!! Even my favorite encounter of her with Paul Barnes, she was with him of her own free will, but she wasn't her whole self, not knowing she was Ishtar. So you know i would noticed that she's do it of her own free will and that i would comment on it!! I hope we see more of the heroines being with the person of their own free will, even if with a villain!! Like American Goddess and Ishtar did in this story, both having different reason for having sex with Max.

This is longest i can remember Ishtar being herself, meaning not being controlled in a story!! We got to see how a goddess of love uses her powers, i like!! I thought Max was really funny when he said" if this is how heroines treat your enemies, i'll have to think about moving my operations to victory city!" Still don't understand what Ishtar is trying to do to Max. I've learned more about Ishtar nature in this story than any other stories over the past three years. Looking forward to the next installment.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm
HIPComix Artist

I won't give away exactly what she's trying to do, but if you've ever seen the TV show "Legend of the Seeker" (or the books), it's similar to what the confessors do.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]I won't give away exactly what she's trying to do, but if you've ever seen the TV show "Legend of the Seeker" (or the books), it's similar to what the confessors do.[/quote]

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! The reason i'm taken back by what Ishtar is doing!! You have stated that Ishtar has to be careful about having sex and who it with!! Because she developed a bond to the male she make love too, so he has to be a stranger, i also thought she only had sex to release her prana build up!? One of the draw back to her powers is she really doesn't have sex for pleasure, but she mostly uses sex to maintain her powers!! Max is a stranger! She doesn't seem to have a build up of prana like with Lord Prospero, or even near being overheated with prana like with Liberty Omega. We haven't seen Ishtar attracted to a man and act on that attraction like the American Goddess did in this story. I one of the things i've always wondered about Ishtar does she really enjoy sex, since her sexual energy is used to fuel her magic, sex seem more like something she has to do to maintain her powers than an act of pleasure for her, even those she's a Goddess of love can she fall in love and truely love one man??

Isn't Ishtar at her most vulnerable when she's having sex?! Wasn't that what Prospero used to defeat her! We still don't know how he plan to use these enslaved American Goddess and the metrobay herione hypnotica she put under her power. Ishtar has never used sex as a tool to defeat or change a villain behavior before!! I've alway thought ishtar wouldn't use sex in that way because of her vulnerable during sex!! Couldn't the ring or the rod of Domination be used to change Max?? Like it did to her in the ring of Domination story or would that make him Ishtar slave?? I think Max is up to something!!

Plus she seem to be enjoying having sex with Max, saying "you're quite a man, Max Index!! Doesn't Ishtar getting lost in pleasure make her more vulnerable to max's influence, his will?? she could lose herself to max, like she did to Prospero are was that because he used magic on her. As Ishtar weaknesses were being revealed over time, her vulnerable during sex was a big one!! She seem at greater risk than Max while having sex, judging by how foes were able to use that weakness to defeat her in the past!! Oh! I did look up the series legend of the seeker on line!! Interesting!! Looking forward to the next installment!!

Last edited by lotchj on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:51 pm
HIPComix Artist

Ishtar is vulnerable when she has sex, but only relatively so. She does have a lot of sex usually, because she needs it to maintain her power. She's really only at risk when she's emotionally attached to the man. Prospero was able to artificially make her emotionally attached to him with a spell (basically "Charm Person", which didn't enslave her, but made her trust him like a lover which left her vulnerable to being overcome by his magic and her own prana. With Max she's not at all emotionally attached to him. If she had sex with him repeatedly, it might be a problem, but having sex with him once isn't risky.

Her powers are tricky because they force her to basically "be a whore." She has to sleep with multiple men, not too much with one man, and she has to avoid sleeping with men she really loves, otherwise she might lose control of her prana.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]Ishtar is vulnerable when she has sex, but only relatively so. She does have a lot of sex usually, because she needs it to maintain her power. She's really only at risk when she's emotionally attached to the man. Prospero was able to artificially make her emotionally attached to him with a spell (basically "Charm Person", which didn't enslave her, but made her trust him like a lover which left her vulnerable to being overcome by his magic and her own prana. With Max she's not at all emotionally attached to him. If she had sex with him repeatedly, it might be a problem, but having sex with him once isn't risky.

Her powers are tricky because they force her to basically "be a whore." She has to sleep with multiple men, not too much with one man, and she has to avoid sleeping with men she really loves, otherwise she might lose control of her prana.[/quote]

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! This may sound dumb!! What does that mean, " otherwise she might lose control of her prana? You said her powers are tricky because they force her to basically "be a whore", But i don't see Ishtar in that way! Ishtar not some horny chick running around having sex with every man she meets!! She has a good reason for having sex with a lot of men, one the way her powers work like you said, two in the stories she's appeared in she's being controlled by her foes she doesn't choose to sleep with them, her will is not her own, she's obeying her masters!! This is the first time we've seen her do this, i like it!! The reason i love this so much is!! Of all your heroines Ishtar has appeared the most in your comics, but she's always been somebody toy!! When she has sex it usually with a villain who has taken her will from her with magic or a device, if not being controlled she's overheated with prana or she has a build-up of prana!! It was always something clouding her mind.

Recently she's been with a couple of men of her own free will, Paul Barnes and Max Indeks. This may sound funny to you, but i've always felted kind of sorry for Ishtar!! She couldn't be with anyone she has feeling for or she didn't get to choose who she made love too. For me this is a encounter i don't feel bad for her, even if he is a villian, i was extremely happy to see her and Paul Barnes together, she finally got to be with someone she cares about!! Me, i hope ishtar will have more freedom with her reasons for having sex, not limited to prana build-up, being overheated with prana or being Mind controlled, hopefully she will be able to have sex because she's sexually attracted too a man or the reason she's doing it with Max, since she has to avoid having sex with men she cares for??! I know these stories are about heroines in peril!! But can the heroines let their hair down and have some pleasure and fun too, like the villains always seen to have??! Looking forward to the next installment to see if her action will work??

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 am
HIPComix Artist

I haven't really shown it that much, but Ishtar typically does sleep, at least if she's using her powers a lot. That's basically what she was doing in Adventures of Ishtar #1-2, except that ended up being a trap. When she loses control of her prana, it basically means she gets overcome with sexual desire (Like in Victory City #11). When she sleeps around it kind of satisfies the prana so that she doesn't losing control of it.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic

Please forgive me, I haven’t noticed that Ishtar vs Indeks was updated, so I didn’t review…

Well, Ishtar vs Indeks # 8 really does the deconstruction of the love goddess. As Gilgamesh would have tell Max, to mate with a goddess is not without peril. Poor Max, he knows he is a monster, but he is accostumed to deal with human beings, and a goddess is not a monster nor a human neither.

When Ishtar knows about Max’s plan and Max casually accepts his status, the goddess shows him what a true patronizing superior being can be: She will execute him and give her pleasure as a last dinner. That is cruel, but fitting to a goddess.

However, there is a failure in Ishtar’s plan: Not even a goddess can stole something a human doesn’t have, so Max will not lost his soul because he never had one to begin with!

Great work as always!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 pm