Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #7! 
HIPComix Artist

Post ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #7!
Ishtar steps into the treacherous hallways of APEX Industries!
She is the goddess of love and war, but can even she survive the technological traps of Max Indeks!
Find out in Ishtar Vs. Indeks #7, in the member's section now!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #7!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! As you know i wasn't really looking forward to this installment of Ishtar vs Indeks!! From seeing the cover, robogoddess!!I was really afraid for her!! That robogoddess thing looked awful and the change looked like it might be painful for her, judging by her red eyes!! One thing i've always like about your stories is that even when the ladies are enslaved they pretty much remain the same phyiscally and mentally!!Even the chips Dr. Pretrious used were small and could be covered by the heroines outfit. You haven't used big helmets, headphones or even a collar like Ashley is wearing at this time! Their eyes don't look glazed over, they don't have big glowing red,green or blue eyes , while the heroines are enslaved. Their not mindless when their enslaved, the only change is their wills had been taken away from them!! Which make it hard for the other heroes to tell their being controlled!! I've always wondered how the heroines go unnoticed with those bulky devices on them!?? I have to say this installment surprised me!! A GOOD SURPRISE!!

I like it when Ishtar get to show she's powerful, handling those robots, showing there is more to her then just her magical garments!! When they were stripped off, i thought she was done!! We got to see just how strong her willpower really is!! I love seeing the Goddess with so much fight in her, making Max work to defeat her!! I really like seeing her this strong!! I know he's not done, it will be interesting to see what Max does next!! Let me wish you HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! Looking forward to an exciting year from Mr. Cryptic's comix!!

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 am
HIPComix Artist

Glad you liked it, CL!

Ordinarily removing Ishtar's clothes does take away most of her powers, but in this case she was able to cast a "Divine Might" spell on herself before her Ring of Sorcery was removed that gave her the power to break free.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! I was just re-reading this installment, this is the first time Ishtar really seemed like a sorceress. Other than Victory City #20 and Victory Legion#1, this is one of the few times that Ishtar is shown casting spells, the chain lighting spell and the divine might spell. This is the first time we have seen her use the ring of sorcery, she's casted a lot of spells in this series so far like the sex magic she used on the gangster of love. Up until now she has mainly used the ring and rod of domination and her magical garments that enhance her physical abilities to deal with her foes. She has been more like wonder woman relying on brute strength and using her ring and the Rod of domination kind of like wonder woman uses her magic lasso, not really casting spells. She even showed she can think fast on her feet, casting the divine might spell before her garments were stripped off her.

The way i understand it, she can still generate prana she can use to fuel her spells, along with her vast knowledge of magic, she's not helpless without her magical garments and magical tools. We have yet to see her use magic without her magical equipments, but in this series she's been more like a sorceress!!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:40 pm
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

I think that Isthar Vs Indeks # 7, the Robogoddes, was a great work.

First of all, those robots… they seem like transformers, (are those tires?) but also like some strange very old videogame I once played… some guys chasing a little guy in a labyrinth…

The second thing I loved most was how Ishtar was “bound in a skintight prison of nanofibers!” I love this idea!

But the third thing I loved was seeing how all this could not stop Ishtar. Something logic, to me…

I am hoping to see Max getting his ass kicked!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 pm
HIPComix Artist

Those robots reminded me of the ED robots from Robocop. "You have five seconds to comply!"

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 am
HIPComix Artist

b69.comics wrote:
Those robots reminded me of the ED robots from Robocop. "You have five seconds to comply!"

ED 209 was definitely in the back of my mind with how I did those robots :).

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Hey, I didn't get that reference! :(

Now that I watch him again, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9IscZMYYw0 seems fake, but the first time I saw it, I was thinking: That is the most preposterous and cool idea I have ever seen!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 pm
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Is the Goddess Panthera Khan appearing in the Ishtar vs Indeks story! The cover throw me off?! It says Panthera Klan#2, i thought Panthera Klan#2 was going to be part of the Lord Prospero Story??? Are is she getting her own series here on Hipcomix, is this the first installment from her new series??

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm
HIPComix Artist

lotchj wrote:
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Is the Goddess Panthera Khan appearing in the Ishtar vs Indeks story! The cover throw me off?! It says Panthera Klan#2, i thought Panthera Klan#2 was going to be part of the Lord Prospero Story??? Are is she getting her own series here on Hipcomix, is this the first installment from her new series??

Oops, that was supposed to be in the MC Comix cover gallery. It's a free update so everyone will be able to read it anyway :) .

Hector wrote:
Dear Mr. Cryptic:

I think that Isthar Vs Indeks # 7, the Robogoddes, was a great work.

First of all, those robots… they seem like transformers, (are those tires?) but also like some strange very old videogame I once played… some guys chasing a little guy in a labyrinth…

The second thing I loved most was how Ishtar was “bound in a skintight prison of nanofibers!” I love this idea!

But the third thing I loved was seeing how all this could not stop Ishtar. Something logic, to me…

I am hoping to see Max getting his ass kicked!

The game might have been "Berserk"?

This was my take on the Ishtar getting the greybot treatment. Didn't stop her though.

Yes, I think those robots are transformers. I didn't get into that though. I would have got the soldier bots that were used in the Hypnotica series, but I'm on a tight budget.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 pm
Profile WWW