Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #6! 
HIPComix Artist

Post ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #6!
Ishtar learns more about the supposedly legitimate businessman, Max Indeks!
But American Goddess, wearing thrallium slave collar, is already marching to Max's orders!
What has Max commanded Ashley to do!?
And what will Ishtar's next move be!?
Find out in Ishtar Vs. Indeks #6, in the member's section now!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #6!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Not much to say about this update, Ishtar looks as hot as ever, and she did find out about Max's true nature!! Looks like the action will pick up in the next update!! Even those i'm not looking foward to seeing Ishtar tranformed into that awful looking Robo Goddess thing!! I usually like your covers, but this is not one of my favorite covers!!

Continuing the discussion from Ishtar vs Index# 5, your right!! As far as the heroines winning in these end, i agree with you. The only different between these stories and the main stream comics are these stories mostly hightlights the heroine being defeated, serving the villains!! Not a lot of time is spend showing the heroines overcoming their challenges!! I've said this before the heroes spent more time as slave then being a hero, they spent more time using their powers to help villains then using their powers to stop the Villain. I know what your going to say, these are stories about Heroines in Peril!! I understand that!!

I really struggle with seeing the good guys being used by the bad guys! Not into the bad guys, and the evil things they do!! That the main reason i got back into the main stream comics again!! I like seeing the good guys overcoming their challenges, defeating the bad guys, using their powers to help and protect people!! I enjoy that more, very little time is spend showing the heroines victorys!! Like i've said you and these other artists are very creative, the stories are well told and the artwork is very good!!

That being said, don't get upset with me for saying this!! I watch now to see the sexy outfit the heroines wear and the images of the sexual encounters they have. Just in case you were wondering why i continue to follow the heroines of Victory City. I don't enjoy seeing the heroines being enslaved and watching them do the things their made to do while under the control of the villain. I'm always happy when the heroine is no longer the villain slave , even those that is usually short lived, at the start and end of the story. Sorry!! I like seeing the good guys kicking the bad guys butt!! I noticed by my screen name lotchj below it, it says petty criminal!! I'm not a want be criminal, i'd rather be a hero anyday!!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:14 pm
HIPComix Artist

Like I said before, most of the stories I have in mind are, as I see them, actually pretty traditional comic hero stories where the hero wins in the end, but a lot of strange stuff (in this case sexy stuff) happens to them in between. In a silver age Flash comic, it would be common for the Flash to get turned fat by a funhouse mirror, or turned into a gorilla, or mind controlled, but he would still win in the end. I think my comics are similar to that, but the perils are much more adult oriented.

The Batman serials from the 1940's are actually kind of funny, in that each serial ends with a cliffhanger (Batman tied up in a burning building or whatever). He always gets into the peril by getting beat in a fight. Since the serial episodes are only long enough to usually have one fight, it turns out Batman basically gets his butt kicked in every fight he's in!

Likewise, if you think of the Rocky movies, they always show Rocky as being outclassed, but struggling through and winning (either a moral victory or an outright victory) in the end.

Being Queen of Heaven and Earth, Ishtar technically kind of outclasses almost everyone. So she tends to get humiliated by deception and trickery early on, putting her in the underdog "Rocky" position, then she has to struggle to win in the end like Rocky.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:50 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

I'll add that I think Ishtar and Max Indeks are both great characters (being a little immodest there, sorry.). In a conflict between two huge characters like these, it's actually kind of important that when they go up against each other that they both are able to shine. Stan Lee said that when two superheroes (like Hulk and Thor, for example) fight, it needs to end in a draw. You don't want to make either one of them a loser. Max isn't a hero, but he's a major character in a setting I didn't create, so I have to have respect :) . I'm kind of applying Stan Lee's rule in regards to Ishtar and Max Indeks.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Mr. Cryptic!! You really do know your comics!! Most of the comics you were talking about i have reads or seen the series, movies, every point you made was right on!! My only point is, it seems you see more of the heroes good moments in those comics. Here it seem we see more of the villain good moments!! There no balance when it come to that! As least for me, someone who's more into the hero having the upper hand vs the villain having the upper hand most of the time. I would enjoy the story more, not just the eye candy and sexual stuff!! i just don't enjoy seeing the heroes being the villains slaves!! I'd like to see the hero with the upper hand more. I know i say this all the time I'm Pro-hero!! Just seems the stories lean more toward the villain. Oh! talking about showing respect for a character you didn't create!! Did you like the way Ishtar was used in another artist story, was respect shown for her in that storyline, too you??

Last edited by lotchj on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:45 am
HIPComix Artist

I can try to do more of the heroes having more successes, rather than just winning out in the end. Ishtar is in some ways not designed for that so much. She's so powerful that unless the villains exploit her weaknesses to neutralize her right away, she would usually be able to resolve most problems with just a little bit of her magic. A crisis or villain that really challenged her without exploiting her weaknesses would have to be pretty world-shaking, or even universe-shaking (Ultra Maxima fits into that category).

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Hey I found this:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/satsuki-for-genesis/

She kinda reminds me of Ishtar

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:33 pm
HIPComix Artist

That's an attractive character and outfit. I actually had originally imagined Ishtar being a little darker and less caucasion-looking, but she got whiter when I adapted her into American Goddess, and she mostly stayed that way when she returned, in the story, to being Ishtar.

Has anyone used the Genesis figure (or Victoria 5)? I imagine I'll be using V4 for a long time, since a lot of artists are still using V3. I don't have the money to invest in a new base figure.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]I can try to do more of the heroes having more successes, rather than just winning out in the end. Ishtar is in some ways not designed for that so much. She's so powerful that unless the villains exploit her weaknesses to neutralize her right away, she would usually be able to resolve most problems with just a little bit of her magic. A crisis or villain that really challenged her without exploiting her weaknesses would have to be pretty world-shaking, or even universe-shaking (Ultra Maxima fits into that category).[/quote]

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! It would be nice to see the heroes having more successes, but i would still like to see the heroes win in the end. I hope i'm not giving you the wrong idea, i like seeing the heroes facing challenges and struggling to overcome them!! One of the things i like about Ishtar is her weaknesses, i like seeing villains exploiting her weaknesses,since one of Ishtar biggest weakness is sexual!! But the thing is, once a villain uses her weaknesses against her and gain control of her, she never break their hold on her?!

Ishtar and the other heroes spent more time serving the villains!! I thought Ishtar and her fellow heroes were suppose to be protecting the people from the villains, not helping the villians??! Their not very heroic in their stories, that the thing!! That the point i've been trying to make!! I don't want you to change your stories!! I really do enjoy your stories!! that the Main reason why your my favorite artist on both sites. I know after reading your latest update at MCcomix, it has me wondering where Paul and Ishtar relationship stand at this point in time!! He didn't appear in the victory legion story or in this story. I just hope to see hero being hero and spending less time being slaves!!!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 pm
HIPComix Artist

Im still using V4.2, Im not sure if v5 is fully compatible with Poser.

Also, in 006_011, if you want to get rid of the white line around Ishtar you can create an inner glow, set blend mode to normal and choose a brown or black colour or one which matches the background. Set choke to 0 and size to 5.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 pm
HIPComix Artist

When I decided to take the plunge and get into rendering, it was right after V4 had been introduced. I debated whether to go with V3 or V4, since there were so many more resources for V3 at the time. But of course that changed in time so I'm sure glad I picked the one I did.

I hadn't noticed the white outline until you pointed it out :) . I'd read about that kind of phenomena before. It's interesting it appears there but not in 006_006 which was similarly composed (with the motion blurred background layer). My knowledge of postwork is even patchier than my understanding of 3d rendering :) .

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic:
I loved how you managed to explain why Ishtar didn’t know about the notorious Max Indeks. The part about the supervillain with lawyers to sue everyone who could say anything bad about him has his origin at Sherlock Holmes and professor Moriarty.

Great story! I loved American Goddess description of how the thrallium collar works and his enslavement of Hypnotica (again!).

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 am
HIPComix Artist

Thanks, Hector! It was a big part of this story that Max's honorable public appearance would play a big role. In my original concept, it went so far as Max persuading the Victory City heroines that the Superheroine Squad were actually corrupt (shaking him down for protection money, etc.). That idea didn't make it's way into the final version, obviously, but that would have been fun.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm
Profile WWW