Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

City of Heroes 
HIPComix Artist

Post City of Heroes
Today I got an email from the creators of City of Heroes, the superhero MMO, stating that they are shutting down the game at the end of November. This is kind of startling news to me, since the game's setting was a big part of the inspiration for my stories, especially Brickhouse and Sovereign. Brickhouse started out as City of Villains character named "Muscle Goddess." She was a villain, although her backstory was she was a hero that had been mind controlled :). I haven't played the game in years (making comics is more fun), but the passing of that virtual world makes me a little sad.

Anyone else on these boards played CoH/CoV or other MMO's?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: City of Heroes
I played City of Heroes for a bit when It came to live.

I've played a lot of them since my first subscription to Everquest, I'm a great fan of the MMORPGs. Now, I'm playing Guild Wars 2.
But I've been playing Everquest and World of Warcraft for years.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:45 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: City of Heroes
The only MMO I've played extensively is City of Heroes. I did try D&D Online and Champions Online. If I had the time I would probably get back into an MMO (maybe Champions Online or DC Universe Online), since it's kind of good for inspriation for story ideas. However, I always end up dropping it to make comics instead since I can more fully implement my ideas better in Poser/Paintshop than in a game.

I'd love to have the skills to make some kind of game based on my comics. Not a jigsaw puzzle or whatever, but an actual game with strategy and piece with different characteristics, etc. I know game creation engines are getting more user friendly, but my current programming expertise is very low level (actually I have none to speak of). It's something I want to explore as time permits.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Profile WWW