Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #1 IS POSTED! 
HIPComix Artist

Post ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #1 IS POSTED!
The long wait is over! Ishtar Vs. Indeks is finally here!

ISHTAR and AMERICAN GODDESS! ALPHA WOMAN and HYPNOTICA! And of course, MAX INDEKS! It all starts today! Ishtar and Alpha Woman form a joint task force to investigate Triskelion activities in Metrobay, but they have no idea where this will lead!

Sorry for missing the announced posting date. This is my first crossover series, and the sun was in my eyes, and my dog ate my computer...

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: ISHTAR VS. INDEKS #1 IS POSTED!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Nice start, really looking forward to the next installment!! Trying to make my comments shorter!! C.L.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm
HIPComix Artist

You can make long comments if you want C.L. I don't mind :) .

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Who's willpower is stronger American Goddess or Ishtar ?? American Goddess does have the ring of life to boost her willpower!! Ishtar no longer has a ring to help her willpower!! As least for me, Ishtar willpower is something i've really question, how strong is it really!! She really haven't been able to break anybody hold on her!! I personally think hypnotica power would work on Ishtar just as well as it did on the American Goddess. Since you posted this week on Monday, instead of last week on Thursday. Will you be posting a installment this upcoming Thursday 11 Oct. or the following Thursday 18 Oct? Are you posting every two weeks or monthly now? C.L.

Last edited by lotchj on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:15 pm
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

American goodess – Ashley Salvan - is really something: Ishtar’s “Mini – me”, seems to think that Alpha Woman is a “Little prudish” but only by comparison to two almost naked heroines. Funny!

But the best part was page 7 “Don’t look at them or”… Only now I realize that Hypnotica must have the catchphrase: “My eyes are up here”. No really, anyone could be involuntarily enslaved!

So, no more Gangster of Love? A pity, he’s now one of my favorites… but the chemistry between those characters is great, and for once, the investigation is handed professionally

Great work!

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:40 pm
HIPComix Artist

The Gangster of Love is still around, as mentioned in this update. Max Indeks will be the central villain in this story but the Gangster will be playing a role too.

This will actually be the first time I've taken a Tales of the Crypticverse original character and used him in a "modern" Crypticverse story. The Gangster is a few years older now, but still active. Ishtar is a few years older too, but doesn't show it. Paul Barnes takes really good care of himself :) .

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

CL - I'm posting every two weeks. I'm working furiously to get IVI #2 up on Thursday (and VC#30 up on Saturday at MC Comix).

Ishtar's garments also give her a boost in will. Ishtar has more willpower than American Goddess. Ishtar has a very high level of willpower, but she needs a lot of will to control her prana energy. That's pretty much her only weakness, but it's a substantial one. If she's expecting an attack, she can use her magic to make herself almost invincible. If she's caught by surprise, like by Soveriegn in Victory City #19-20 or Prospero in Adventures of Ishtar #2, then she's much more vulnerable. She needs to make love to maintain her energy, but she's completely vulnerable while doing so.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]CL - I'm posting every two weeks. I'm working furiously to get IVI #2 up on Thursday (and VC#30 up on Saturday at MC Comix).

Ishtar's garments also give her a boost in will. Ishtar has more willpower than American Goddess. Ishtar has a very high level of willpower, but she needs a lot of will to control her prana energy. That's pretty much her only weakness, but it's a substantial one. If she's expecting an attack, she can use her magic to make herself almost invincible. If she's caught by surprise, like by Soveriegn in Victory City #19-20 or Prospero in Adventures of Ishtar #2, then she's much more vulnerable. She needs to make love to maintain her energy, but she's completely vulnerable while doing so.[/quote]

Hello Mr. Cryptic, Thanks for answering my questions!! I don't know if i've said this to you before, but you always give outstanding answers!! They always make sense!! Your answers always give me an insight on your view on a story or character!! I didn't realize Ishtar needed a lot of willpower to control her prana energy!! Is that to focus on the task she's using her energy to do, like lifting a jet or using the ring or rod of Domination to control other!! Or does she need her strong willpower to keep from being overcome with desires, when using her prana energy??

Guess that what i've fail to understand when it come to Ishtar defeat at the hands of Lord Prospero, how really vulnerable she is when sex is used to defeat her, guess it is like kryptonite to her, like you once said. As Least for me, her battle with Prospero made me question her abilities, her willpower, her skill at using her powers, i just couldn't believe she could lose to a foe with very little magical powers and magical knowledge!! For a long time after that battle i wondered why everybody was in awe of Ishtar,as least how skilled Ishtar is at using her powers in battle, as well as how fast she thinks on her feet and how resouceful Ishtar is!! But the more i learn about how Ishtar powers work, i'm starting to understand that using sex against Ishtar is the best way to defeat her, It really is like kryptonite to her, if a villain knows how to use that weakness ,it's very hard to overpower her with physical force.!! C.L.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 pm