Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 am

TALES OF THE CRYPTICVERSE #10: DEFIANT GODDESS!!! 
HIPComix Artist

Post TALES OF THE CRYPTICVERSE #10: DEFIANT GODDESS!!!
As Cobra-Woman searches for her, American Goddess continues to struggle against the Gangster of Love as he attempts to tame her with his devious technology!
Can she resist him!?
The story continues in Tales of the Crypticverse #10, in the member's area NOW!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: TALES OF THE CRYPTICVERSE #10: DEFIANT GODDESS!!!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Again congratulation on completing your master's degree!! I hope you will be getting back to your old schedule of updates, we have miss them!! I have to say this is the hottest cover of all!! My top five covers are, 1.Tales of the Crypticverse#10, 2.Tales of the Crypticverse#2, 3.The Adventures of Ishtar#8, 4.Victory Legion#2, 5. The Adventures of Ishtar#3, (My favorite image being 010-009 from tales of the Crypticverse#10, spotlighting the Goddess's sexy behind!!). Yess!! I love Ishtar sexy backside the most!!! In this installment all the images of the Goddess has been extremely sexy!! The Goddess looks the hottest she ever looked in any of her appears from any of the series!! These only installment that come close is The Adventures of Ishtar#2 ,only the action being better, because she had sex in that installment along with seeing her wonderful nude body. As a matter of fact, 4 of my favorite covers come from the adventures of Ishtar, 6. Ishtar#5 , 7. Ishtar#7 rounding out my top 7 favorite covers. Alway love seeing the Goddess nude!!

That being said, i really like this installment!! I like seeing the Goddess showing she is physically powerful and mentally strong!! Being able to break free from that machine, that answer a question, the Goddess is stronger than a regular human without her magical garments!! We also saw how strong her willpower really is!! She was able to resist the gangster of love machine. I like seeing the Goddess putting up a fight!! It really good to see the villain have to struggle to tame the Goddess, even if she fall in the end!! As least She's providing a challenge!! I know i'll said this before , what stood out for me the most from The Adventures Of Ishtar besides Ishtar being defeated, was how little of challenge Ishtar provided Prospero!! I like seeing a strong and defiant Goddess! Again the Goddess looks extremely sexy, the hottest cover yet!! (double) WOW!!! WOW!!!C.L.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:04 pm
HIPComix Artist

Glad you liked it, C.L.!

The Gangster did not remove all of her garments, he left most of her jewelry on. He wasn't aware that her garments give her power, and only intended to get her naked in preparation for sexual ordeal he was about to subject her to. Her Ring of Life (the one on her left hand) boosts her abilities, including her strength. I'm imagining that without that ring or her Girdle of Strength (it's really a panty, but if she called it a Panty of Power that would sound silly) she has the strength of a very athletic human woman. The Ring of Life gave her enough strength to break free. The Ring of Life absorbs power from the fertility in the environment (humans and other organisms copulating, basically). For that reason, it usually has stored energy within it that can boost her abilities. If American Goddess has intercourse, it gives the Ring an especially big boost of energy, like it did in Ring of Domination.

Gods in the Marvel Universe (e.g. Thor, Amora the Enchantress, etc.) are denser and much stronger than humans even without any magic or magic devices. I'm figuring that the Annunaki are not like that. They are more like humans, but from another dimension, which means that they won't age or die in Earth's dimension. The Annunaki have access to magic that makes them more powerful than most humans.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! It's very interesting to learn that about the Annunaki Gods, they are not as physically as strong as other Gods, the Asgard Gods or Olympus Gods without their magic or magical devices. I've been measuring Ishtar with those standards set by those Gods. At first i thought of Ishtar like Hera queen of the Olympus Gods, Ishtar being the queen of Annunaki Gods or like Amora the Enchantress, them both being sorceress.Hera seem all Powerful, Ishtar doesn't seem near as powerful as that Queen of the Gods, Ishtar magic doesn't seem as strong as Amora the Enchantress. Where does the Annunaki Gods rank among the pantheon of Gods??? C.L.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm
HIPComix Artist

I wouldn't necessarily say the Annunaki are less physsically powerful than other gods, just less innately physically powerful than the gods as imagined in the Marvel Universe. I'm not sure how other gods in this universe work. Now that imagining Victory City as part of the larger universe I'm just figuring that different writers will have different concepts of what gods are, and that consequently different pantheons will have different characteristics. The New Guard (at mccomix) has Battle Maiden who is an Asgardian. I'm not sure how here powers work compared to my gods.

I'm vaguely imagining the Annunaki as being like super high level Dungeons and Dragons adventurers :) . Their powers are usually either magic items, magical training or quasi-magical abilities they've learned with millenia of practice.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Tales of the Crypticverse # 10 felt a Little light in plot, but sure was awesome!

I loved to see that you follow that ancient premise in comics writing: characters narrating the obvious. However, while the inner thoughts of Cobra Woman explain how she got free of The Gangster of Love’s power in the last issue, she doesn’t explain why she has to go alone looking for Agent Maria… unless she wanted to protect her secred identity.

The part I liked better was to see Ishtar escape from the tamer trap device or whatever was called. It’s good to see the author respecting his characters! After all, Ishtar is a goddess, she should be able to escape such a little device, no matter how kinky!

And of course, the face of the gangster of loveafter Ishtar’s escapes is priceless! Great issue!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hi Hector - Glad you enjoyed it!

Cobra-Woman went into the building alone at Paul Barnes' request because she is stealthier than he and his agents. He figures she has the best chance of getting to Maria and getting her out without Maria getting hurt.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 am
Profile WWW