Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Taking another week off (to finish degree, YAY!) 
HIPComix Artist

Post Taking another week off (to finish degree, YAY!)
Hi all - I am in the very last week and a half of completing a master's degree, so I've asked Jpeger if I could take another week off to focus in getting that done. So, I plan to post my next update, Tales of the Crypticverse #10, on July 25th.

I'm looking forward to having this degree done and hopefully having more time to make comics :) !

For those anticipating this week's update, I apologize for the delay.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: Taking another week off (to finish degree, YAY!)
Hello Mr. Cryptic, Congratulations on completing your work on your master's degree this week!! Installment #9 of the tales of Crypticverse was interesting!! But to me this installment show how much Ishtar as the American Goddess and Paul Barnes trust each other, by trusting Paul with one of her most powerful weapons the ring of domination. I wonder if she told Paul what the ring does? I'm hoping in the next installment we will get to see if the Goddess can resist the pleasure machine or will she fall under the control of the gangster of love ?? I have to say that the Goddess has looked really sexy in this series, especially installment # 6 coming down the ladder!! Smoking Hot!! I'm hoping we see some steamy action like we saw in Victoy Legion# 6 with the Goddess. I know!! I'll to wait a see.

Here another question about the ring of domination and the rod of domination. I know they both work the same, they pit the Goddess will against another person, which in most cases her will is stronger, unless her will have been effected by drugs or magic, which was the case against the thug and Prospero, they were able to enslave her with her own ring and rod of Domination. My question, does the spell both magical items cast have a time limit?? The thug from the ring of Domination refreshed the spell everyday, i'm wondering is that the reason Ishtar was able to get some of willpower back in the adventures of Ishtar, because the spell cast by the Rod last a limited time, even those she was still being effected by Prospero magic? If the spells have a time limit, do Mr. Vandergroot and Paul Barnes remember what she did in the ring of domination? The same go for Brickhouse and Ultra Maxima in the Victory City series, do they remember? Looking forward to the next update!!

I've been reading about Max Indeks, who is set to appear in the upcoming story Indeks vs Ishtar, i'm wondering if we will see the start of that story before the end of the summer? I'm interest to see your take on Max Indeks!! Ishtar haven't done very well against masterminds!! I remember you saying that Lord Prospero is going to be like Indeks in the Crypticverse!! Will Ishtar end up on her knees pleasing Max in his chair in his office, while he talk about business with a staff member in the room or talking on the phone with a employee,with Ishtar pleasing him all the while he's on the phone?? Which seem to be his trade mark scene, a heroine on her knees pleasing him in his office while he's seating in his chair talking with a staff member in the room or on the phone!! I know!! I'll have to wait and see!!

I have to admit i really like metrobay comix, especially Doctor Robo work!! Mr. Cryptic comics is my favorite comix,with Metrobay comix close behind!! C.L.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:47 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: Taking another week off (to finish degree, YAY!)
lotchj wrote:
Hello Mr. Cryptic, Congratulations on completing your work on your master's degree this week!! Installment #9 of the tales of Crypticverse was interesting!! But to me this installment show how much Ishtar as the American Goddess and Paul Barnes trust each other, by trusting Paul with one of her most powerful weapons the ring of domination. I wonder if she told Paul what the ring does?

Yes, I liked how I was able to show the relationship between Paul and Americnan Goddess in a way I hadn't before.

lotchj wrote:
Here another question about the ring of domination and the rod of domination. I know they both work the same, they pit the Goddess will against another person, which in most cases her will is stronger, unless her will have been effected by drugs or magic, which was the case against the thug and Prospero, they were able to enslave her with her own ring and rod of Domination. My question, does the spell both magical items cast have a time limit?? The thug from the ring of Domination refreshed the spell everyday, i'm wondering is that the reason Ishtar was able to get some of willpower back in the adventures of Ishtar, because the spell cast by the Rod last a limited time, even those she was still being effected by Prospero magic? If the spells have a time limit, do Mr. Vandergroot and Paul Barnes remember what she did in the ring of domination? The same go for Brickhouse and Ultra Maxima in the Victory City series, do they remember? Looking forward to the next update!!

I think when American Goddess uses the Ring to alter memories, the effect is permanent, or at least indefinite. However, I think that memories repressed by the ring could be recovered. Certainly another use of the Ring or Rod would do it, as would Ocelot Woman's lasso I think (the user would have to know about the altered memories to restore them). When American Goddess made Paul Barnes believe that the thug has fallen to his death, American Goddess seemed to believe that this allowed the thug to get away scott free, suggesting that she expected Paul's altered memory would last for a long time.

Other uses of the Ring are remembered, unless the Ring is used to alter memories. So when Ishtar used her Ring to overwhelm Ultra Maxima and Brickhouse with pleasure in the Victory City series, they remember it. Candice remembers most of what happened in the recent Victory Legion storyline, although Ron Carlson did have Ishtar reshape her memories a little bit, so that Candice wouldn't know that Ron had actually put Ishtar under his control as a supervillain.

lotchj wrote:
I've been reading about Max Indeks, who is set to appear in the upcoming story Indeks vs Ishtar, i'm wondering if we will see the start of that story before the end of the summer? I'm interest to see your take on Max Indeks!! Ishtar haven't done very well against masterminds!! I remember you saying that Lord Prospero is going to be like Indeks in the Crypticverse!! Will Ishtar end up on her knees pleasing Max in his chair in his office, while he talk about business with a staff member in the room or talking on the phone with a employee,with Ishtar pleasing him all the while he's on the phone?? Which seem to be his trade mark scene, a heroine on her knees pleasing him in his office while he's seating in his chair talking with a staff member in the room or on the phone!! I know!! I'll have to wait and see!!

A major influence in my creating the character of Prospero was the John Shea version of Lex Luthor from the Lois and Clark TV show. I just think he was just a great villain mastermind character. To a lesser extent I was influenced by the Dr. Arcane character from the Swamp Thing TV show (Unfortunately I've never read the classic Alan Moore Swamp Thing comics. Someday.). Max Indeks reminds me a lot of the John Shea version of Lex Luthor. The John Shea Luthor definitely had an interest in seducing beautiful woman, which I don't see nearly as much in any other version of Lex Luthor I know of. I really like Max as a villain. I like the purity of how he's just a mastermind. He doesn't seem to be much of a scientist, he pays other people to take care of that. He's just really, really good at making plans and getting his minions to do what he wants done. Prospero is cool too, of course, but he has magic powers so you have to figure he doesn't need to be as resourceful as Max (Prospero doesn't have as much money as Max, but that will change).

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 am
Profile WWW