Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

TALES of the CRYPTICVERSE #9: COBRA-WOMAN STRIKES!!! 
HIPComix Artist

Post TALES of the CRYPTICVERSE #9: COBRA-WOMAN STRIKES!!!
Paul Barnes and his agent have just had a shocking confrontation with Cobra-Woman,
while American Goddess continues to writhe under the pleasurable torture of the Gangster of Love!
Will our heroines triumph over the Gangster, or will American Goddess fall under his power?
The story continues in Tales of the Crypticverse #9, now in the member's section!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: TALES of the CRYPTICVERSE #9: COBRA-WOMAN STRIKES!!!
Hi Cryptic!! I don't remember if i've ask this are have you already answered this question. We know that Ishtar power is, she can generate a energy call prana, she has created magical garments which enhance her physical abilities, and she has other magical items that give her these ability to control others emotions, store spells, as well as other magical items that preform other tasks. But her magical garments work by her generating her prana thru them, as least i think that the way they work??

The same thing go for the new American Goddess Ashley magical garments. We know Ashley has no powers without her magical garment and she doesn't generate prana the ring of life supply the prana to her garments, but Ishtar can generate prana, but without wearing her magical garments she doesn't have enhance physical abilities, she can't fly, she's not super strong, she's not invulnerable. As seen in the Victory City series and this installment, when the Goddess magical garments are taken away from her, the Goddess seems powerless when not wearing her magical garments!!

What are the Goddess's powers without her magical garments and tools ?? Is she more like her alter ego Maria Jones, she a skillful fighter,leader, can cast spells, generate prana and she's immortal ,is the Goddess no stronger then a regular human when not wearing her garments, how does it limit the Goddess's ability to use her prana to change people emotions when she can't use the ring or the Rod of domination???? C.L.

Last edited by lotchj on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 am
HIPComix Artist

Ishtar is a sorceress, and has powers even without her garments, but most of the magic she knows requires her garments to work. To cast spells when she doesn't have her garments requires focus and concentration, and usually the ability of speak and gesture. It also builds up prana very quickly. To be honest, I have somewhat scaled down what I imagined her being able to do with magic. I want to make her powers a little less versatile so that she doesn't totally overshadow my other characters.

Besides her innate spell casting ability, Ishtar is an Annunaki, which makes her immortal even without her garments. How her immortality works will probably be looked at more in the future.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]Ishtar is a sorceress, and has powers even without her garments, but most of the magic she knows requires her garments to work. To cast spells when she doesn't have her garments requires focus and concentration, and usually the ability of speak and gesture. It also builds up prana very quickly. To be honest, I have somewhat scaled down what I imagined her being able to do with magic. I want to make her powers a little less versatile so that she doesn't totally overshadow my other characters.

You have done a really good job at not letting Ishtar overshadow your other characters!! I have been more impressed with the other heroes ability to use their powers and to turn defeat into victory than Ishtar, like Ocelot woman in the adventures of Ishtar or the plan Sovereign came up with to defeat Ultra Maxima in the Victory City series or how Brickhouse was able to overpower Ultra Maxima in that same series. Even those i don't like Prospero, i have to give him credit for the way he totally kicked Ishtar ass in her own series. The villians have totally outclassed Ishtar in her adventures, the thug, Dr. Pretorius and Lord Prospero. I know you have said that Ishtar defeated the villains most of the time, but it not shown or her victorys aren't shown in detail and you have pointed out these are stories about heroines in peril. But isn't that what all Superheroes stories are about facing peril ?? (Here a thought, we form our opinions about most things by what we see!! How are we to view Ishtar as a hero??? When we mostly see Ishtar being defeated!!)

I love Ishtar!! She's Hot!! Ishtar is not overshadowing these other characters, Ishtar have made these other heroes and the villains shine!!

I know you said that you worry about Ishtar appearing to be too powerful and making victorys look easy. But the stories Ishtar have appeared in has done the reverse!!! As least to me, i don't see Ishtar as a powerful Goddess and Superheroine, like i did when i started following Ishtar adventures!! The image from the cover of the ring of domination #8 Attack Dog is the way i see Ishtar now, as a obedient slave most of the time!! Again i love Ishtar!! I'm sorry!! But Ishtar has been shown to be a slave more than she has been shown to be the powerful Goddess of love and war, the world's mightiest hero in the stories she has appeared in, even in the Mctek story over on Mccomix. Point being !! Ishtar is not shown to be this powerful, unbeatable heroine, that you worry, we might think she is!! Ishtar may be powerful but she has been beaten by mortals with no powers or very little power,Ishtar get beat a lot, her own powers have been used to defeat her! Instead of Ishtar making defeating evil look easy, it been these other way around, where the villians have made defeating Ishtar look kind of easy!! Ishtar has been shown to be very beatable!!!

Besides her innate spell casting ability, Ishtar is an Annunaki, which makes her immortal even without her garments. How her immortality works will probably be looked at more in the future.[/quote]

So Ishtar is a sorceress,her powers are magical!! So Brickhouse is more like superman than Ishtar!! Ishtar is more like Dr. Strange , than she is like superman!! C.L.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 pm