Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

VICTORY LEGION #11: GODDESS VS. GODDESS! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY LEGION #11: GODDESS VS. GODDESS!
American Goddess knows something has happened to her mentor, Ishtar, and is not going to stop until she finds her!
When she finds a strange woman (actually Candice Carlson, AKA Brickhouse) wearing Ishtar's divine garments, they immediately begin to battle!
What happens when two women endowed with the powers of a love goddess clash?
Find out in Victory Legion #11, in the HIP Comix member's section now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: VICTORY LEGION #11: GODDESS VS. GODDESS!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Nice installment!! Very interesting twist!! This story is a lot different from any of the past stories, i like it, hope you do more story with this theme!! Nobody trying to take over the city, the heavens or the world!! The story is more about the Dr. desire to save his relationship with his wife, he's even willing to use Ishtar to save his marriage!! I've said this in the past i really don't like any villains, pro-hero!! Didn't like the thug, don't like Lord Prospero, can't wait for him to be defeated!! The buzzard and ultra were these only two villains i didn't have a total dislike for. The thug and Lord Prospero are good villains!! I just didn't like what the thug and Lord Prospero took and made Ishtar do!! The point is i really can't say i dislike the Dr., even those what he is doing is wrong!!

Let me say again i really enjoy seeing the heroine( Brickhouse) making love to someone she care for of her own free will. I do enjoy these other encounters, but it's so much better this way!! kissing has been shown, Ishtar and Brickhouse, and American Goddess and Brickhouse HOT!! The really interesting thing about the story right now is everyone is under somebody control!! Ishtar controlled by the Dr. chips, the Dr. under the American goddess spell and Brickhouse and American goddess under each other spell!! Can't wait to see how this comes out!! A questions, I know you said a spell has a time limit. How long does a spell last?? I know in the RoD the thug would renew the spell. Last question, Brickhouse is small, but the American Goddess looks even smaller!! How tall is she?? I didn't make any comments on the last installment, but i really enjoy it!! C.L.

Last edited by lotchj on Fri May 25, 2012 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 pm
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Crytic and Lochtj:

The comment by Lochtj was awesome! The first part, about how this is not a plot to destroy the universe or do a Bank Robbery, but only to fix a relationship through deceit and lies (Is this romantic or what?)

But the best part is the second comment: Everyone is enslaved to someone. I didn’t notice it until I saw Lochtj’s comment. Really, this would be one of the risks of having MC in your universe! Why I feel this situation has not been exploited enough in other comics?

I only remember a fanfiction where a villain called “the geek” enslaved the avengers… until he was mistakenly used to make a change of sex to his own slaves, an so, the enslaved avengers had to “choose” a new master, The Beast. Has anyone read it?

Well, about this issue, the art was great and I loved the point that there is almost no dialogue, the images themselves tell the story. Great storytelling!

Thu May 24, 2012 6:41 pm
HIPComix Artist

Glad you're all enjoying the story!

This story is somewhat smaller and more intimate than the others I've done.
It's also a little more like a comedy, what with everyone being mind controlled.
I'm enjoying getting to use the new American Goddess in a story.
I introduced her two years ago, but I haven't had a chance to do much with her until now.
I had originally imagined Pitbull and Sonic Siren coming into the story instead,
but this makes more sense with American Goddess' connection to Ishtar.

I'm glad that you liked the limited amount of dialogue. I was a little worried I was just being lazy :) .
I try to follow the rule of thumb of being efficient with text (especially narration, but dialogue too).
Too much talking is generally not that sexy.

Fri May 25, 2012 11:19 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

I forgot to answer your question about heights. Barefoot, Ishtar is 5'9", Brickhouse is 5'2", American Goddess is 5'0".

I really want to start a Victory City wiki, like the Metrobay wiki, with vital statistics on my characters. It will happen eventually :) .

I usually have one or two real-life models in mind when I design a character. Ashley is partly inspired by Hayden Panatierre (of Heroes fame), who I think is about 5'0", so that's why Ashley is that height. The Ring of Transformation boosted her physique and her bust, but kept her height the same.

Ishtar's platform sandels probably make her about six inches taller. You might notice in Victory City #8, as Ishtar and Candice kiss, Ishtar is towering over Candice, but when her clothes switch over, Ishtar is just slightly taller.

In the last update, Candice is wearing those same platform sandals. Ashley is wearing stiletto heeled boots, but they are not as high as those sandels are. And of course Candice is two inches taller than Ashley to begin with.

Fri May 25, 2012 11:42 pm
Profile WWW