Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

VICTORY LEGION #8: ISHTAR the LOVE GENIE! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY LEGION #8: ISHTAR the LOVE GENIE!
In the last update of Victory Legion, we learned that Candice Carlson's deepest sexual fantasy is to be the superheroine, Ishtar, and be seduced and enslaved by a villain!
Ishtar, compelled by Ron Carlson's mind control to be his "love genie," begins to make Candice's fantasy a reality!
Where will this strange scenario lead?
Follow the continuing story in Victory Legion #8, now in the HIP Comix member's section!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Wed May 02, 2012 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Post Re: VICTORY LEGION #8: ISHTAR the LOVE GENIE!
Well, is this issue full with surprises or what?

First of all: Isn’t strange Pretoruious – Ron question from page 5? “Candice, have you met Isthar before?” In a world of superheros, she must be as recognizable as any celilbrity. He assumes they bot know each other personally. I think “What are you doing here” is a valid question if Kim Kardasian or Michelle Obama appear in your bedroom.

What I loved is Pretorious explanation at page 6. Let me remember some time when I was reading New X Men and Emma Frost was busted by Jean Grey, Cyclop’s wife, having a mental affair with her husband. Jean Grey had the fenix force into her, and Emma, with all her moral defects, chose to steal the husband of the most powerful wife in the universe. That took guts, but her explanation about the scene was the best line ever, pure refuge in audacity: Emma said that she was a “certified sexual therapist” and she did it to help Cyclops with their marital problems.
Cue an epic asskicking.

Today, Ron’s explanation seemed, if not surpass, being in the same line with Emma’s explanation, What is it doing a Naked love goddess in our bedroom, honey? Helping us with our marital problems because we are top executives in his payroll, of course!

The last twist was memorable: Instead of being Brickhouse, she will be Ishtar and so, the secret identity are safe.

Now a question: Why the heroines even bother with Secret Identitys, for Pete’s sake? It makes sense with Pretoriou's costume, but the heroines mask is almost all their costume! They are like, naked all the time, wearing almost only a Domino mask! I can’t believe, for example, that Ron didn’t recognize his wife when he saw her as Brickhouse.

I only want to add that you’re great keeping your weekly schedule! You rule!

Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hector wrote:
Well, is this issue full with surprises or what?

First of all: Isn’t strange Pretoruious – Ron question from page 5? “Candice, have you met Isthar before?” In a world of superheros, she must be as recognizable as any celilbrity. He assumes they bot know each other personally. I think “What are you doing here” is a valid question if Kim Kardasian or Michelle Obama appear in your bedroom.

I was trying to imply that Candice spoke to Ishtar in a tone of voice you would use with someone you knew already, and that Ron heard it that way. Of course with printed words it's hard to get that across, but I tried.

Hector wrote:

What I loved is Pretorious explanation at page 6. Let me remember some time when I was reading New X Men and Emma Frost was busted by Jean Grey, Cyclop’s wife, having a mental affair with her husband. Jean Grey had the fenix force into her, and Emma, with all her moral defects, chose to steal the husband of the most powerful wife in the universe. That took guts, but her explanation about the scene was the best line ever, pure refuge in audacity: Emma said that she was a “certified sexual therapist” and she did it to help Cyclops with their marital problems.
Cue an epic asskicking.

Today, Ron’s explanation seemed, if not surpass, being in the same line with Emma’s explanation, What is it doing a Naked love goddess in our bedroom, honey? Helping us with our marital problems because we are top executives in his payroll, of course!

Of course, the funny thing is Ron really does want Ishtar to help his marriage. The only deception is concealing from Candice how he got Ishtar to help him.

Hector wrote:

The last twist was memorable: Instead of being Brickhouse, she will be Ishtar and so, the secret identity are safe.

Now a question: Why the heroines even bother with Secret Identitys, for Pete’s sake? It makes sense with Pretoriou's costume, but the heroines mask is almost all their costume! They are like, naked all the time, wearing almost only a Domino mask! I can’t believe, for example, that Ron didn’t recognize his wife when he saw her as Brickhouse.

With Ishtar, she has magic, and I'm figuring the Ring of Transformation creates a glamor that prevents people from noticing she looks like Maria Jones. In Brickhouse's case, and for some of the others, I'm figuring that they are like special forces soldiers. The public doesn't normally get a good look at their faces anyway. When Dr. Pretorius first saw Brickhouse in Victory City #7, he was amazed at how much she looked like his wife. I was kind of figuring that it would be like if you were pulled over for speeding and the police officer that pulled you over looked exactly like your wife. If you had no knowledge of your wife ever being a cop, you would probably conclude that the cop is someone that looks like your wife, not actually the same person as your wife.

That's my explanation, anyway :) .

Hector wrote:

I only want to add that you’re great keeping your weekly schedule! You rule!

Thank you! I wasn't sure if I would be able to keep up with five updates a month, including MC Comix, but I wanted to try, and so far I'm doing it. I'll keep it up as long as my regular work schedule allows it. It's frustrating having so many ideas and not enough time to make them into comics, so it's nice to be a little closer to having my comics output up to where my ideas output is :) .

Thu May 03, 2012 6:24 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic !! Nice Installment!! This storyline is completely different than any of the past stories , can't guess where the story is going!! But it does show that the Dr. does deeply care for his wife. All the past villains wanted money,powers or wanted her as their sex toy.
The Dr. doesn't seem truly evil like these other villains, as least to this point!! How tall is Brickhouse?? Brickhouse looks small standing in front of ishtar, how tall is Ishtar without her heels??

I noticed over on Mccomix that Ishtar is appearing in Metrobay comix, in the Island of Zombots story. Do you know how big a role she's going to play in the story? Will any of your other characters be appearing in other comics in the near future??

C.L.

Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 pm
HIPComix Artist

Glad you're enjoying it, CL!

Yes, this story is kind of smaller and more intimate than most of what I've done recently.

Barefoot, Ishtar is about 5'9". Brickhouse is about 5'2". I intended Candice to be about 5'3" (I based her on the model, Deeann Donovan), but she's actually about 5'2".

It's up to other comic creators if they want to use my characters, or how much they want to use them (I gave MCtek and the other creators her permission to use them). I'm planning to have some Metrobay characters in my stories as well. You'll see more of that later.

Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am
Profile WWW