Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

VICTORY LEGION #3: ISHTAR CAGED! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY LEGION #3: ISHTAR CAGED!
Deducing that Ishtar has a weakness, Dr. Pretorius has turned the tables on the mighty goddess!
Weakened by irridite, trapped in a massive chamber, surrounded by enemies, is Ishtar doomed!?
Watch her struggles in Victory Legion #3, now in the the HIP Comix member's section!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: VICTORY LEGION #3: ISHTAR CAGED!
Hello Mr. Cryptic, Nice installment!! This is the first time a villain didn't use Ishtar desires to defeat her!! The devices and magic have used that weakness to defeat her and to enslave her, the best two examples were the thug from the RoD, she was never able to overcome the lust it created in her for him, and Sebastian from the Adventures of Ishtar, the lust created by his spells, cause her to teach him magic and to reveal the location to the gate.

Even the chips the Dr. is going to use on her , uses that weakness to control. Even those Ishtar maybe the most powerful of the heroes on Earth, her lust is her greatest weakness and the best way to defeat her, even most so than these other heroes. At first i thought the irridite oil would effect her like her being overloaded with prana, but it effected her in a completely different and surprising way by neutralized her powers. Didn't see that coming, it will be interesting to see what the Dr. has in mind for her.

C.L.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic, Nice installment!! This is the first time a villain didn't use Ishtar desires to defeat her!! The devices and magic have used that weakness to defeat her and to enslave her, the best two examples were the thug from the RoD, she was never able to overcome the lust it created in her for him, and Sebastian from the Adventures of Ishtar, the lust created by his spells, cause her to teach him magic and to reveal the location to the gate.

Even the chips the Dr. is going to use on her , uses that weakness to control. Even those Ishtar maybe the most powerful of the heroes on Earth, her lust is her greatest weakness and the best way to defeat her, even most so than these other heroes. At first i thought the irridite oil would effect her like her being overloaded with prana, but it effected her in a completely different and surprising way by neutralized her powers. Didn't see that coming, it will be interesting to see what the Dr. has in mind for her.

C.L.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am
HIPComix Artist

Glad you liked it CL!

I wasn't entirely sure how the irridite would effect her, and I'm imagining that irridite might have different effects depending on the dose and maybe the variety of irridite. The irridite did increase her sexual arousal, but mainly neutralized her powers. My theory is that the irridite energy is very similar to Ishtar's prana, and so her body and her magical garments naturally absorbed it. However, unlike prana she can't use the irridite energy to power her abilities, so it left her unable to use her normal divine abilities. So, irridite is kind of like kryptonite for Ishtar, but not deadly.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Doctor Pretorious could be working for the Triskelion Guild, but he doesn’t consider himself a true supervillain, (he is only moonlighting?).

But the part that I can relate to him is his excitement on how he managed to capture a superheroine (by pure luck, but still). As you commented earlier, she is a freaking goodess, how could you get well a plan to capture one? (Are you hearing me, Lord Prosperus?)

The most exciting part is seeing Ishtar without her powers, bravely trying to fight the irridite. Ishtar coated in oil… great! I also like Isthar’s troubled face when she intends to get Pretorious. It makes her capture more satisfying some panels after.

Everyone in your comics has a lot of respect for Dr. Pretorious… at least before really interacting with him.

About your idea for Irridite… it makes sense, because Irridite has not being studied and Ishtar is a goddess, it’s obvious (he he he) the effect will vary, as red Kriptonite could affect superman in strange ways (another two arms) and Green kryptonite could kill him, a little ring of Kriptonite wear by lex Luthor for years could poison him.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:55 am
HIPComix Artist

Dr. Pretorius is a real villain, in that he is a member of the Treskelion Guild. He also possibly has no job other than being a villain. In Victory City #14 it is implied that after his mind control technology was rejected by the company he worked for, he also lost his job. He tells his wife he is a "freelance consultant" but Candice does not know the details! He's still kind of new at the villain business, so when he traps a heroine and taunts her as she tried to escape, it is kind of like a lawyer arguing their first case in court. There was kind of a realization like "Wow, I'm really a lawyer!" or "Wow! I'm really a supervillain!"

I had originally planned on Ishtar being soaked in "irridite water," but I have yet to get a "wet look" with drops of water in a way that I think looks right. It was easier to make her skin look oily. I like the oliy look too :) .

Dr. Pretorius is really good at technology and mind control. He's working on expanding his skill set to managing henchmen, etc. :) .

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

There are two points that you make that could be wonderful to tell a story:

1. Pretorious, the supervillain for--d to his career choice only to hide his fall from his beautiful - and waaaaaay more succesful - wife. Something every man can understand: How will he capable of facing her knowing he no longer could provide?

2. Mind control tech to new (and imaginative) applications! For example, henchmen. One of the pesky things a super villain has to confront is that he couldn't do all the job for himself. That leaves those potential witness for a case against you later, or maybe an old black mail. But with Dr. Pretorious Mind Contro device (already pantented) you can command them and they will forget, with none the wiser!

Genial!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 am
HIPComix Artist

Ron Carlson actually does not own the legal rights to his mind control tech. His original (so far unnamed) company owns those rights. They decided to cancel the whole project to avoid the public relations and legal issues caused by the tech. Since Ron couldn't make money from his work legally, he now does so illegally.

I'm figuring that Ron Carlson is actually more economically successful than his wife, and until recently it was all honestly earned. Between the two of them the Carlson's are quite wealthy. He has had to resort to villainy to maintain the lifestyle they previously enjoyed.

I kind of figure that the cost of his mind control chips makes it impractical to use them on just anyone. He saves them up for superheroines or other important figures.

Thanks again for all the commentary on my comics. It motivates me and keeps me on my toes!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:18 am
Profile WWW