Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

VICTORY LEGION #1, featuring ISHTAR!!! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY LEGION #1, featuring ISHTAR!!!
Today I'm debuting a new series starring the heroes and villains of Victory City, VICTORY LEGION!

In the first chapter, Ishtar faces down Doctor Pretorius! Ishtar has vast powers, but can Doctor Pretorius tame her with his hypnotic microchips? The battle begins in Victory Legion #1!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010&g2_fromNavId=xfd5328d8

NOTE: For those interested in continuity, Victory Legion takes place sometime after Adventures of Ishtar #9 and Victory City #25 (which you can read at mccomix.com). Maria Jones knows she is Ishtar In Victory Legion #1!

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: VICTORY LEGION #1, featuring ISHTAR!!!
Hello Mr. Cryptic !! Nice start to the story!! I think the scene with Isthar subdoing that gang of villains the way she did, shown that she'd rather use pleasure instead of violence, it kind of make me think of something you have said in past forums, she wants everyone to be happy even if they don't deserve it. I mean, their shooting at her with their weapons, trying to hurt her or even kill her and she subdue them with pleasure, as one of the villain says " i can feel her down there on me! The scene was hot!! This give me a different outlook on how Ishtar's uses her magic. I know her power is she can create prana to do whatever she wants and we see her in her magical garments with all the different abilities they give her, it seems she like to use her magic to give pleasure , i mean the the ring and rod of domination uses desires to control people, for me the scene from this installment with the gang member trying to hurt her is a good example of that!!

I have a question? How does the sympathetic magic work??? I know they can feel what she doing when she's using that form of magic, but can she?? She was licking her lips and making ...MMM... sound! What she used on them was something like what Sebastian from the adventures of Ishtar used on her. It seems he was making her feel what he wanted her to feel, but not feeling it, himself.

I just saw the cover for the next installment, two in one month, are you making up for missing last month update or are you going to be doing more updates?? Oh! the cover for the upcoming update is smoking HOT!! I alway keep my comments toned down when making a comments about how sexy a woman is or i try to have some class, but i'm going to break that rule this time an say Ishtar has a great ASS!! That being said, I wonder what doctor Prestorius will do with Isthar after he has trapped and subdued her with his chips?? Looking forward to the next installment!!
C.L.

Last edited by lotchj on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 pm
HIPComix Artist

Glad you liked it, CL!

My understanding of sympathetic magic is that it is basically like voodoo dolls. You do something in one place (e.g. put a match on a voodoo doll), and then the subject feels it wherever they are (the person feels like they're getting burned). Maybe I was too subtle in this case. Ishtar was basically giving the mercenaries fellatio at a distance (pretty intense fellatio since they were begging for her to finish it :) ). I've always imagine that as a love goddess, Ishtar frequently or usually uses love or sex themed magic to subdue her foes, so this was a good chance to do that. That scene was more Henchmen In Peril than Heroine In Peril :) .

I too was really pleased with how the cover for Victory Legion #2 came out! It comes out in a week so stay tuned! (Not sure what staying tuned means on the internet! I guess I'm just showing my age.)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]Glad you liked it, CL!

My understanding of sympathetic magic is that it is basically like voodoo dolls. You do something in one place (e.g. put a match on a voodoo doll), and then the subject feels it wherever they are (the person feels like they're getting burned). Maybe I was too subtle in this case. Ishtar was basically giving the mercenaries fellatio at a distance (pretty intense fellatio since they were begging for her to finish it :) ). I've always imagine that as a love goddess, Ishtar frequently or usually uses love or sex themed magic to subdue her foes, so this was a good chance to do that. That scene was more Henchmen In Peril than Heroine In Peril :) .

(I do hope to see her use more sex themed magic to subdue her foes.)

I too was really pleased with how the cover for Victory Legion #2 came out! It comes out in a week so stay tuned! (Not sure what staying tuned means on the internet! I guess I'm just showing my age.)[/quote]

(Again breaking my rule on keeping my comments toned down on sexy body parts. But Isthar have such a nice Ass, love seeing it!! )

I was looking at the cover for issue #1 for Victory Legion with Ishtar and Brickhouse on it. Besides looking hot side by side, two of the hottest women in Mr. Cryptic comix!! and realized if Brickhouse found out that the good Dr. is her husband there can be big trouble between ,Brickhouse , her husband and Ishtar. 1. finding out her husband is a Villain, 2. What happen if she find out the good Dr. is her husband plus find him fooling around with Ishtar, since she think he's cheating on her, she could think he's been cheating on her with Ishtar 3. wish is more likely, if Ishtar fell under his control (We do know the chips will work on Ishtar from the Victory City series) and he make her fight Brickhouse, not knowing she's his wife. We could find out who is the strongest, even those Ishtar has more than one power. I not suggesting a plot or asking for a spoiler, just thinking out loud nothing more. I know, i'll just have to wait and see!!
C.L.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 pm
Super Villain

Victory Legion was such a delight t oread and had so much fun in all his pages, that I felt compeled to list it:

Page 1: I understand that Victory City is invaded regularly by the Triskelion Guild, but I didn’t know APEX labs had a branch there. It makes sense.

Page 3: What is the favorite places where the masters of technological mind control stole everything they need? APEX labs of course. Unfortunately, their publicity department is not very good, Pretorious seem to think their star product is Mind Control devices. Ha!, absurd.

Page 4: Is doctor Pretorious from Malanga City? Where is placed?

Page 5: Pretorious says Ishtar name with fear, like a child eating cookies form the forbidden jar. Ishtar says Pretorious name like a teacher surprising a student in a prank.

Page 6: The Triskelion Guild works… well, as a Guild… Minion training? Genial!

Page 7: That is another immortal phrase in Super Hero comics!

Page 8 – 10. Well, I didn’t see that coming… nor any of the henchmen! After saying a totally clichéd phrase, Ishtar surprises us with her powers (I must say, she subdued them without violence, who said the life of a minion would be easy?)

Page 11: So APEX has a huge installation in other city? Do they process Irridite Oil? Wonders of technology!

Page 12 to 16: I must say, those pages shows the typical heroine that is arrogant enough to be trapped easily. But then, Ishtar had showed us that she can handle any situation easily, so I think it’s justified.

Mr. Cryptic, you have showed us that some refreshing point of views on some old clichés can make your work not only most interesting, but much more consistent with his inner logic.

I’m expecting next issue.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:56 pm
HIPComix Artist

Glad you enjoyed it, Hector!

I recently decided that I wanted to integrate what I've been calling "the Crypticverse" into the greater HIP/MC Comix universe that includes Metrobay, Liberty Grove etc. Putting a branch of APEX Labs in Victory City is the first evidence of that integration in my comix :) .

Malanga Island is the headquarters of the Triskelion Guild. Because its located on an "interdimensional faultline", they were able to build a teleport system that allows the Guild to recruit villains from around the planet. Most villains in the Guild are not native to Malanga Island. Likewise, most of Victory City's heroes are not native to Victory City, and usually live in other parts of the country. These heroes commute to Victory City via teleport (or other means) to take shifts patrolling and guarding the city.

Malanga Island is set in the East Indies. I originally created it to be the setting for my jungle goddess character, Panthera Khan (who has yet to debut in my comix here, but she's on her way :) ). I secondarily decided to also make Malanga Island my villains' home base.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]Glad you enjoyed it, Hector!

I recently decided that I wanted to integrate what I've been calling "the Crypticverse" into the greater HIP/MC Comix universe that includes Metrobay, Liberty Grove etc. Putting a branch of APEX Labs in Victory City is the first evidence of that integration in my comix :) .

(Mr. Cryptic, Since your going to intergrate the crypticverse into the Hip/Mccomix universe!! Will you be doing any crossover stories with these other series??)

Malanga Island is the headquarters of the Triskelion Guild. Because its located on an "interdimensional faultline", they were able to build a teleport system that allows the Guild to recruit villains from around the planet. Most villains in the Guild are not native to Malanga Island. Likewise, most of Victory City's heroes are not native to Victory City, and usually live in other parts of the country. These heroes commute to Victory City via teleport (or other means) to take shifts patrolling and guarding the city.

Malanga Island is set in the East Indies. I originally created it to be the setting for my jungle goddess character, Panthera Khan (who has yet to debut in my comix here, but she's on her way :) ). I secondarily decided to also make Malanga Island my villains' home base.[/quote]

(When do think the jungle goddess Panthera Khan will be making her debut??)

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:30 pm
HIPComix Artist

lotchj wrote:

(Mr. Cryptic, Since your going to intergrate the crypticverse into the Hip/Mccomix universe!! Will you be doing any crossover stories with these other series??)

(When do think the jungle goddess Panthera Khan will be making her debut??)

I do plan to do crossovers. Creating figures to match other creators characters is a new challenge for me, but I'm looking forward to having Ishtar meet Max Indeks, etc.

Also, MC Tek is doing a storyline at MC Comix where he has made references to my characters, and think some of them will be making appearances in the future, so I'd keep an eye out for that!

Panthera Khan will probably be appearing very soon as part of the Prospero storyline at MC Comix. The first two chapters are actually my first comics I did for the web. I'll be posting those in the free area at MC Comix when the chronology catches up to them. I think that will probably be sometime this summer.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 am
Profile WWW