Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

TALES OF THE CRYPTICVERSE #6 IS POSTED! 
HIPComix Artist

Post TALES OF THE CRYPTICVERSE #6 IS POSTED!
In the hunt to capture the Gangster of Love, American Goddess searchs an abandoned factory for clues.
But is she walking into a trap!?
See American Goddess in sexy peril in Tales of the Crypticverse #6, in the member's section now!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=208644

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Post Re: TALES OF THE CRYPTICVERSE #6 IS POSTED!
Wow!

This looks awesome! Welcome back.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:17 pm
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! I have to start off by saying, talking about being sexy!! The Goddess have never looked hotter!! Especially when she was climbing down the ladder, (SMOKING HOT!!!). WOW!! I will say, The gangster of love willpower must be stronger than these other villains she has faced, the thug from the ROD,Dr. Pretorius, the Buzzard and Lord Prospero, they all wanted to make love to her and did. His willpower must be very strong as least when it come to resisting the urge to make love to the very sexy Goddess! OUTSTANDING IMAGES OF THE GODDESS!!! The one word that says it best is" WOW !! "

That being said, what are his goals?? what does that machine do?? He still hasn't revealed his plans!! I know, i'll just have to keep reading!!
C.L.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:32 pm
HIPComix Artist

I'm glad you liked it! The concept of this comic wasn't very original (a superheroine and a villain with chloroform hiding in an abandoned building), but I tried to do a really good job of making that old theme exciting and sexy. Searching an abandoned factory shouldn't be all that exciting, but it gives me the opportunity for cheesecake shots :) .

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Yes your right, the highlight of this installment is the cheesecake shots, one thing you can say about the Goddess even if there not a lot going, she can still keep your attention in a scene or a installment with her sex appeal!!

I can't say if this is a question ?or a comment!. I've noticed it before in other installments when drugs are used to subdue the Goddess, I understand she is unaware of the villain being there, she doesn't have supersenses, sight or hearing, but she is superstrong and the villains do have to hold her face to cover her mouth and her shoulders before the drug starts to work. The drugs don't seem to work intantly, they seem to take a few moments to work!! With the Goddess being a lot stronger than her attacker, how are they able to hold on to her without being tossed aside or least take a elbow to the side. The Goddess doesn't seem to put up much of a struggle, even those their trying to subdue. Why doesn't she put up more of fight? I've been wondering about that for a while???

Mr. Cryptic, since the tales of the crypticverse are stories from the past. Have you ever thought about doing the story of how Colonel Paul Barnes was ambushed, and took refuge in a undiscovered ruin, which turned out to be the temple of the Goddess. Did you ever think about bring that story to life?

C.L.

Last edited by lotchj on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:12 pm
HIPComix Artist

That's a very good question, CL. It's actually a staple of TV and movies for chloroform to work much more quickly than it does in real life. I think in real life the point of attacking with chloroform would be to subdue someone without killing them, but using it effectively would probably require being a lot stronger than the victim and hold them down. So in real life, chloroform would not really be a good method for capturing someone hundreds of times stronger than you.

As hot as the choroform scene in Fausta the Nazi Wonder Woman is, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A real life superstrong Wonder Woman could just reach back, grab the guy and throw him through the wall before the chloroform had any effect.
However, I can just accept that the chloroform works on her really fast. She reaches up initially, but then her hands drop back down again. That's pretty much how it happened in the chloroform scenes in RoD #1 and TotC #6. But then the Fausta henchmen asks her
how to make her helpless and take her prisoner. It's kind of an odd question, given that the chloroform and her lasso seem to have already done a good job of that. But, I guess it makes sense thata secret agent would want to be thorough. Don't get
me wrong, that scene is the hottest thing I've ever seen.I guess I've just seen it too many times :) .

That's not mentioning the fact that being chroloformed in real life is very risky. It is easy for an attacker to overdose a victim and accidently kill them. Anesthesiologists get paid a lot of money to knock people out without killing them. Needless to say, drugging people and kidnapping them is a very bad thing! The reason I can enjoy stories about heroines being kidnapped is that they
are basically soldiers on the frontlines of a war. There are accepting the risk to themselves. Also, since I'm writing the story, I know nothing really awful will happen.

Given the limitations of real life chloroform, in my comics, the villains haven't been using chloroform by itself. In RoD, the thug
was using an "interogation drug designed by the KGB." The Gangster of Love was using chloroform mixed with his special love drug. Since I'm using fictional chemicals, I figure I can give them whatever properties I want.
To make logical sense (if not real life scientific sense), I figure that the drug disorients the heroine very quickly
(like in a second or less), so she can't resist effectively, but takes longer to actually make her unconscious.

In American Goddess' case, she actually does have a super sense, a mystical danger sense that warns her of deadly threats (bullets, etc.). It is virtually impossible to strike her with a bullet or knife, since she almost always can evade or block it.
Since her senses are so sharply attuned to danger, she has a bit of a blindspot to non-lethal attacks.
Granted, drugs can be lethal with an overdose, but I'm sort of using "comic book logic."

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Oh!! I forgot to add this idea, it's just an idea, again since tales of the crypticverse is about different timelines the past and future. I thought this would be interesting storyline.The story take place in the future, Ishtar and Paul get pass all the obstacles keeping them a part, even the Gods accept Paul as their Queens mate!! They would have a daughter, she's be half mortal and immortal, the storyline would be about her struggle with both worlds, the world of mortal and the world of the Gods.Trying to follow in her mother footsteps and be a superheroine in the world of the mortal, but also being press by the Gods to take her place in the heavens.

C.L.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm
HIPComix Artist

Actually, Tales of the Crypticverse, so far at least, is in the same continuity as my other comics. I figure it takes place maybe around ten or fifteen years before Ring of Domination, when Innana is still using the American Goddess identity. In the "present day," Victory City is teeming with heroes and villains that fight it out, but in this story, Cobra-Woman is one of the few, or perhaps the only, hero in Victory City.

I do intend the comics at HIP Comix to be a lit less continuity heavy than the ones I'm doing at MC Comix. Here I'll be focusing on each story being exciting, but I won't try as hard to have them all tie together into one intricate megaplot. That said, I still generally plan for my comics at HIP and MC to be in the same continuity.

As far as your idea for Ishtar, that's a possibility. We'll just have to see what happens :) .

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic and lotchj:

As Lotchj commented it, I also believe that the Gangster of Love has a lot of willpower. Dr. Pretorious and Lord Prospero didn’t displayed cunning nor were a real menace to the goddes, but the Buzzard really accomplished his goal of taming her and if not for his own lust, he could have taken her prisoner forever, but here the Gangster of Love seems to outwit all of them!

As you commented, this is a variation about an old theme: The heroine looking for clues in the Abandoned Warehouse is trapped by chloroform. I think this wasn’t a cliché when it appeared in the Wonder Woman TV series, (if you remember, Wonder Woman was so powerful and skilled that she must have some weakness) but it has been used and reused so many times that is almost a depiction of “Take the heroine to the next scene”.

When I read again issue # 4, I noticed the “comic book logic” that you mentioned about the deatly threats (as the threat was not deadly, it worked!). It reminded me about a chapter when The Jackal managed to attack spider – man despite his Spider Sense: The Spider Sense alert Spider-man about enemies, but his professor, Miles Warren, was never one of them, so he can hit him.

It’s comic book logic man, don’t ask me to explain!

Curiously, the chloform scene still makes sense: Once I read a WW fanfiction called Kid Naped (do you get it?). A lucky teen manages to take control of WW with her lasso, then he orders her that it doesn’t matter the circumstances, she will always let him overpower her with chloroform. He succeeds at everything! So, if you notice, in issue # 4 page 6, he instructs American Goddess and Cobra Woman: “The next time we meet, it will be even harder for you to resist me! You’ll know I’m slowly making you my slave, but you won’t be able to stop it!”. And in issue # 5 page 13, AG recognizes that the gangster’s potion is definitely affecting her, it’s logic that AG cannot recognize the GoL presence in the factory and she let him overpower her even when she is incredibly stronger than him.

The only lapse of logic is this: When or how The gangster of love knew about Agent Maxwell’s existence and his relation to the American Goddess? Given he is a rogue Ex Agent, maybe he has his own spy ring?
Oh, and if he is the same agent that I think he is, how on earth the gangster of love could think he would be a reliable pawn?

If you wish, I would like to discuss the Fausta episode of WW. That scene also lingered in my young mind (I was a preteen when I saw it) and I didn’t get it why it was so exciting to see it, but I think that scene is clever because it’s not just another: “The heroine changes of scene” but it was a very well crafted and timed trap from an intelligent villain, and the heroine not was sent to a creepy supervillain lair but to another country. That was not another cliché.

Thanks

Hector.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 pm
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Hector your right, i forgot he said that to them in the warehouse. I agree with most of the points you made, of all the villains Ishtar has faced the Buzzard has been the smartest of them! He is my favorite villain, i hope we see him again, but this time facing Ishtar one on one in a story, like she did with the thug from the ROD and Lord Prospero in the Adventures of Ishtar. But i will say i think it was the thug from the ROD that totally tamed her. These other villains controlled her, but lost control of her at some point, he never did!! But who knows how strong the Buzzard's hold would have been on her or what he would have had her do while under his control.
C.L.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:42 am
HIPComix Artist

Agent Maxwell is a woman, and at least according to the Gangster of Love, has been made subject to his mind-controlling drugs. The idea was American Goddess went into the warehouse not expecting any trouble since a trusted agent had told her that the Gangster had abandoned it some time ago. It's also probably that the effects of the drugs in her system also lowered her guard, making it easier for the Gangster to get the drop on her.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:36 am
Profile WWW