Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm

Tales of the Crypticverse #2: AMERICAN GODDESS! 
HIPComix Artist

Post Tales of the Crypticverse #2: AMERICAN GODDESS!
In Mr. Cryptic's Comix, Cobra-Woman meets American Goddess for the first time!
What will happen when American Goddess tries to learn Cobra-Woman's secrets?
And neither heroine knows about the traps being laid by the Gangster of Love!
Will their combined power save them from the mastermind's schemes?
Seek the answers to these questions in, TALES OF THE CRYPTICVERSE #2, in the member's section now!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: Tales of the Crypticverse #2: AMERICAN GODDESS!
Hello Mr. Cryptic!! The story is starting to get really interesting, i can't wait for the next installment!! But you know i have some question?? First i think i understand Cobra Woman powers, my questions are about the American Goddess's powers.

I recall you saying in an e-mail, her powers aren't the same when she's these American Goddess. As the American Goddess does she still create prana? Can she still get overwhelmed with prana like when she's Ishtar??? Her magical garments still work the same, i think? But she's not as strong when she's these American Goddess. One last question, will Cobra Woman and the gangster of love be appearing in your other series's????

I hope we see more of Paul Barnes and the Goddess together!! It seems whenever their together, there is so much that is left unsaid!! And even in the first American Goddess series, the Victory City series and the The Adventures Of Ishtar series, their were strong feelings between them. The looks on their faces say, they want to express their feelings and act on those feelings, as least that the way it since to me!!!

Oh i'm only speaking for myself, i thought when the American Goddess first appeared as Ishtar and was telling Paul her powers are greater as Ishtar and showing him her new outfit at the start of the Victory City series and she asked him, if he really wants to see more of her!! It look like she wanted to jumb him.

I know i said this in the last forums, but i'll say it again, i love the cover with Cobra Woman and American Goddess. Both ladies look HOT !!! American Goddess has a nice backside!! Again GREAT COVER!!
lotchj

Last edited by lotchj on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 am
HIPComix Artist

Yes, Inanna definitely has feelings for Paul and vice versa. There are some obstacles there, and that will be developed more in Adventures of Ishtar at MC Comix (you'll have to wait a few months, sorry :) ).

Don't hold me to this, but this is how I think her powers probably work: As American Goddess, Inanna has adopted a set of powers that allow her to operate without the other gods knowing she is actually Ishtar, Queen of the Gods. She has used a ritual to suspend her prana generating ability while on Earth so that she cannot be identified as Ishtar. As American Goddess, she has few innate superhuman abilities (just immortality I think), but she has powers accessed using her divine jewely (rings, earrings and tiara). I'm thinking that her magic items work a little differently than they did in Ring of Domination, but I'll get into more detail on that in the comic.

She has the ability to change the way her magic works from time to time, which gives me more leeway in redefining her powers when I want to :) .

About Cobra-Woman and the Gangster of Love, they will be a part of the Victory Legion series like all of the other heroes and villains I have created. Victory Legion will be kind of like the Superfriends, with all of the heroes united as one team (the Victory Legion), and all of the villains associated together in the Triskelion Guild. I'm not committing myself to keeping the continuity between my comix at HIP Comix and MC Comix completely in agreement, so some discrepancies may occur. I'm enjoying being able to plan episodes without being tied down to the big storyline that will now be developed at MC Comix. I plan for Inanna to be Ishtar in Victory Legion (i.e. she is no longer American Goddess).

I don't have any immediate plans for Cobra-Woman or the Gangster of Love in the series that will be at MC Comix, but I figure they are there. The current story in Tales of the Crypticverse takes place a significant number of years before Victory City and Adventures of Ishtar. So Cobra-Woman and the others are around perhaps ten years older now, but they are around.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hi Mr. Cryptic!! Thank for answering my questions? I'll be looking forward to the future development of each stories from all the series. But your answers leave me with still more questions?? You said that Inanna is using a ritual to suspend her prana generating ability while on earth, so the Gods can't identified her as Ishtar!! Why doesn't she want the Gods to know that she's on earth???

I know she's on earth to help fight evil, but is she doing it more for Paul Barnes, then just to help with the fight against evil???? With the Goddess cutting herself off from using prana, she won't be as powerful. I guess She won't be able to resist these effect of the gangster of love kiss, just like Cobra Woman wasn't able to resist his kiss. Without all her powers, I'm thinking the Goddess willpower won't be as strong.
lotchj

Last edited by lotchj on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:41 pm
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic

This issue is a team up, and what a team up! American Godess yes!
Inanna has a better excuse to be with Barnes that the original WW had to be with Trevor: Instead of being his secretary, she is an agent, just like the IADC in the 70s TV show!

Maria Jones surely got his boss! It was very funny to show their relationship this way!

About Daryn, nobody ever knew how Peter Parker always know where was Spider-Man. My explanation? Nobody cared as long he got the photos.
Does Daryn play in both sides, if you know what I mean? The gesture when she meets Maria is very revealing.

“Just in case you don’t know, Daryn is Cobra-Woman”, who wrote that? Stan Lee?

Langstrom labs? Could it had anything to be with Kirg Langstrom, the Man – Bat?

Why the Gangster of Love cannot have good things? Just when his plan was working, Cobra – Woman has a crossover?

Cobra-Woman super senses made more sense that Spider-Man… Spider-Sense… oh well…

As Lotchdj says, your answers inspire more questions, so I am only lefting this review and congratulating for a job well done (if only the Love Gangster could win?).

Hector2

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:21 pm
HIPComix Artist

lotchj: To be honest, Ishtar was originally intended to be a different character than American Goddess. When I decided that American Goddess were actually the same person, I had to come up with an explanation for why she was not using her full powers.

My thinking is, as Ishtar, Inanna has certain responsibilities to the pantheon of gods that she reigns over. There are different possible reasons why the other gods might not be happy about their queen becoming directly involved in the affairs of one little world. One is that the affairs of Earth are just too petty and unimportant for the Queen of Heaven to worry herself about. Some gods might see her as bring a lack of dignity to her throne. Another possiblity is that her involvement with Earth would violate certain pacts of neutrality that keep the peace between the Annunaki and other pantheons of powerful being (other gods, or demons). Rulers in general have to very careful about what the say and do, because there can be large, unintended political consequences.

In Victory City #1, Ishtar basically says that she now believes that the battles between heroes and villains on Earth are important enough that she is putting her full power behind the heroes on Earth.

It might be a little analogous to how the United States entered World War II in stages. Before Pearl Harbor, we supported the allies materially, but do not join the fight ourselves. This is kind of what American Goddess does before she reveals herself as Ishtar. She is helping the Americans, but she does not publically, officially side with the Americans as the Queen of the Gods. When she becomes Ishtar in Victory City, she basically is publically proclaiming "The Annunaki are now allies of America and the heroes of Victory City." This means that enemies of Victory City, like Ultra Maxima and Lord Prospero, are now also enemies of the Annunaki. It's possible there will be some fallout from this if some of the other gods don't like taking sides with the Americans and their allies, but if so it hasn't been seen yet.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Hector wrote:
Dear Mr. Cryptic

This issue is a team up, and what a team up! American Godess yes!
Inanna has a better excuse to be with Barnes that the original WW had to be with Trevor: Instead of being his secretary, she is an agent, just like the IADC in the 70s TV show!
I have always modeled Maria Jones on IADC agent Diana Prince. It is tricky to balance out the superheroine and the agent, since both are supposed to be capable of dealing with threats. In the show, she was Diana Prince most to the time. I'd like to show Maria as a superheroine more often than that. As Maria Jones, Assistant Director of the SDA (her new job now that she is Ishtar), she is more of an administrator. She tells superheroes where to go. I figure it makes senses since she can find out about crises as Director Jones, then "tell" Ishtar to go deal with it.

Maria Jones surely got his boss! It was very funny to show their relationship this way!
I'm glad you liked that scene! This update was inspired by the opening parts of the Spider-Man TV episode "The Deadly Dust." I adapted and nudged things around to fit my purposes.

About Daryn, nobody ever knew how Peter Parker always know where was Spider-Man. My explanation? Nobody cared as long he got the photos.
Does Daryn play in both sides, if you know what I mean? The gesture when she meets Maria is very revealing.
I think you're right about Peter. I loved the issue where he fought Dr. Octopus while suffering from a fever. He was defeated and unmasked in front of everyone. But everyone just thought Peter had put on a costume and pretended to be Spider-Man!
It may that she does play both sides, or maybe she's just impressed by Maria Jones as a woman. Women definitely notice when other women are beautiful, regardless of their sexuality.

“Just in case you don’t know, Daryn is Cobra-Woman”, who wrote that? Stan Lee?
I was a little worried that people might read #2 with out reading #1, and not know that Daryn doesn't want someone watching her when she needs to become Cobra-Woman. I debated with myself whether that nararation box was necessary, and I tucked it in the corner so people could ignore it if they wanted too :) .

Langstrom labs? Could it had anything to be with Kirg Langstrom, the Man – Bat?
Yes.
I mean, the Kirk Langstrom from Batman is not the actual owner of the lab or anything. But that's where I dreamed up the name.

Why the Gangster of Love cannot have good things? Just when his plan was working, Cobra – Woman has a crossover?
Who says his plan won't work :) ?

Cobra-Woman super senses made more sense that Spider-Man… Spider-Sense… oh well…
Yes. My thinking is that she basically takes the senses of a pit viper combined with human intelligence. She's had viper senses long enough that she knows how to associate particular heat signatures with particular states of mind. E.g. poker players use "tells", body language clues, to figure out if their opponents are bluffing. If Daryn played poker, she would have access to a bunch of tells that a skilled poker player with normal senses wouldn't have access to.

As Lotchdj says, your answers inspire more questions, so I am only lefting this review and congratulating for a job well done (if only the Love Gangster could win?).
Again, we don't know who will win :) .

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:51 pm
Profile WWW