Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

The Adventures of Ishtar #8 coming soon! 
HIPComix Artist

Post The Adventures of Ishtar #8 coming soon!
I won't be able to post the Adventures of Ishtar#8 just yet, but it will be coming very soon, I promise! Stay tuned!

Mr. Cryptic

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Post Re: The Adventures of Ishtar #8 coming soon!
Dear Mr. Cryptic:

I, for one, am anxious to see the continuation. Just one question, I remember you mentioned in the forums that you didn't want to left Ishtar a lot of time locked in her secret identitiy, but I think the next cover suggest precisely that, Director Maria taking charge as an agent. Do you have any surprise for us?

Thanks

Hector

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:25 pm
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! I was just reading the last installment of the Adventures of Ishtar again!! My question is how does Sebastian magical powers work?? It seem to me that the first three spells he casted were pretty powerful for someone who only knew Iow level spell!

i mean he was able to cast a sexual spell that totally enslaved maria Jones and Ishtar could barely resist, the second spell the command spell stopped ishtar in her tracks and made her re-live their sexual encounter, causing Ishtar to give into the pleasure and then to give him her rod which he used against Ishtar!! And the final spell the hypnotic spell, Sebastian was able to get Ishtar to tell him the location of the gate. and make her forget that she is Ishtar!! Those spells don't seem like low level spells to me, because they worked really well on Ishtar, totally enslaving her!!

He was surprised by Ocelot Woman attack, but he wasn't able to use his magic, because he used it trying to tap into Ishtar Prana. How was he able to cast spells before without knowing how to create prana?? Where did he get the magical energy he needed to cast those first spells he used on Ishtar and her alter ego Maria Jones from, he haven't learned how to create magical energy from sex!! I hope you will post the new installment of the Adventures of Ishtar real, real, real soon!!

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:20 am
HIPComix Artist

Hector: Maria is indeed taking charge of things in her government agent identity, since she doesn't have access to her superheroine identity at the moment. This is a twist that I think is interesting and I will explore, but not so long that it gets frustrating not having Ishtar in her own comic. Basically, I will bring Ishtar back as soon the plot allows it. This won't be a long plot arc.

Lotchj: Basically all of Prospero's successes are due to Maria going to bed with him in Ishtar #2. Having sex is key to her powers, but it also makes her vulnerable. It's a little like if you have a computer with great security, and then you allow a technician to work on your computer by giving him your passwords. If the technician has sinister motives, they will be able to do all kinds of damage because they can bypass all of the excellent security using the passwords.

Maybe another analogy would be that you could almost fully protect your computer from viruses and trojans if you just never connected your computer to the internet. But of course, if you do that the power and usefulness of your computer is greatly reduced.

Basically, once Prospero "got inside" Ishtar (literally and figuratively), she became very vulnerable to even simple, low level spells cast by him, at least spells targeting her mind and emotions. Her mental/mystical/spiritual firewall was set to allow him access and she didn't have the power to put it up again.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:26 pm
Profile WWW