Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #7: ENTER OCELOT WOMAN! 
HIPComix Artist

Post The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #7: ENTER OCELOT WOMAN!
Ishtar has been enslaved with lust and hypnotically bound in her mortal identity as Maria Jones!
It seems like escape from her captor, Lord Prospero, is impossible! But then, Ishtar's friend, the Guyanese Amazon known as Ocelot Woman comes to her rescue!
But Prospero has allies of his own! Will Agent Beauty and her squad of mercenaries get the best of Ocelot Woman?
The battle begins in Adventures of Ishtar #7, in the member's section now!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #7: ENTER OCELOT WOMAN!
Mr. Cryptic, Hi! GREAT UPDATE!!! Loved seeing Ocelot woman pound Sebastian into the ground (Loved IT!!) I was also glad that Ocelot woman broke Sebastain spell on Maria Jones, giving her back her own mind and will, even if she can't remember being Ishtar. It good to see something not go his way for once. Don't get me wrong, i have really enjoyed this story of Ishtar being seduced by Sebastian and how he learned magic from her. But i have to be honest!! seeing him being defeated, even if it only for just the moment, it was great to see that smile wiped off his face!!!

There's one thing i'm wondering about, in Ishtar's call for help she said that Sebastian had learned her secret identity! Why was Ocelot woman so surprised to see Maria Jones?? DId she forget about that part of the message or did that part not make it thru??? This story keep getting more and more interesting with every installment!!! I'm really into it!!! Keep up these outstanding story telling!! Can't wait to see what going to happen next!!!

Last edited by lotchj on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:58 am
HIPComix Artist

Glad you enjoyed it, lotchj!

When Ishtar is in her full glory as Ishtar, she gives off an aura that makes people recognize her as a goddess. As Maria she suppresses that aura, and this makes it very difficult for people observing Maria to suspect that she is Ishtar (even though she doesn't wear a mask).

When I wrote in the script that Ishtar told Ocelot Woman about her secret identity, I wasn't quite sure how this was going to go. It gave me more elbow room if I left it in. As it is, Ocelot Woman knows that Ishtar has a secret identity since Ishtar told her, but because of the magical aura, it just doesn't occur to her that Maria Jones might be that secret identity.

It's also possible that Ocelot Woman, knowing that secret identities are important, isn't just going to say, "Hey Maria, are you Ishtar?" Also, from Ocelot Woman's point of view, it usually wouldn't make sense for Maria to suggest that they interrogate Sebastian to find out where Ishtar is, if Maria actually is Ishtar. Making Ishtar forget that she is Ishtar is a pretty powerful act of hypnotic conditioning, and Ocelot Woman and Maria have no idea that that's what Prospero did.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello Mr. Cryptic !! I was just looking back at some of the e-mails i send you on the forums and realized that i may have been giving you the wrong idea about disliking Sebastian as a villain. I think he's a great villain and a great archenemy for Ishtar, i look forward to their future battles!

That being said, he a villain!!! I always want to see the hero win, in this case Ishtar, i want her to get the upperhand against the villain Lord Prospero and win in these end. I know you were showing these origins of Lord Prospero, how he got his powers and how well they work on our heroine.

But with any hero having a good archenemy, what make it interesting is that they provide a challenge for each other, like with superman, Lex Luthor and Batman and the Joker. At different point in their battles the hero or villain may have these upperhand!! Their battles are never onesided. Me being pro-hero and anti-villain i will always pull for the hero and will be upset when the hero is losing. I realize what make the story good is the challenges provided by the villain and how the hero get thru those challenges is what make the story entertaining!! I know that what you were doing!! In the first installment of the adventures of Ishtar, the question is asked is there any threat that can challenge Ishtar??? Lord Prospero is that threat that can challenge her!! So Sebastian is a villain i love to HATE.

Some of the things that made me dislike our villain is, as least for me, was some of the things she said to Sebastian while under his spells, " for you to make love to me, I'll do anything for ask", " everything i have is your", and " yes! i love him, I'll do whatever he asks. These are things i feel she would say to her love Paul Barnes, just like i think she would teach Paul the divine sexual techniques so he could give her greater pleasure,but not magic, i'm not sure that he would be interested in that. These are things she's said to him are he has taken from her that in my mind were meant for Paul. Even those this is a adult comic and i'm guy!! I still like seeing two people who care for each other get together. I'm still a sucker for that stuff. Especally superherones, their made to be with their enemies. They rarely get to be with someone they really care about.

Let me add that Ishtar's alter ego Maria Jones has a nice body, she looks really hot topless!! But Ishtar as her Goddess self is still hotter!! Even those their the same person.

Last edited by lotchj on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:52 am
Petty Criminal

Oh!!Mr. Cryptic I forgot to ask this question? What are Ocelot Woman powers??? beside being a skillful fighter!! She did to Sebastian what i thought that Ishtar would do to him, if she wasn't struggling with the spells that he casted. Would have asked this question in the last comments and questions forums, but i thought it was too long.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:46 pm
HIPComix Artist

Ocelot Woman is BC's creation, not mine, so he's the authority on what her powers are. Here's her entry in the Cryptopedia:

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=94707

I just took BC's description mostly word for word. There's plenty of Ocelot Woman stories in the Stories forum in case you haven't seen them.

Ishtar wouldn't normally teach mortal men her magic (most don't have the aptitude for it, anyway). But Sebastian got her in a vulnerable position.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hi!! Mr. Cryptic, I asked the question the wrong way. What i was really asking is, what are the powers of her lasso? I knew the lasso compels those bound with it to tell the truth, but i didn't know the lasso had the power to break spells. I have seen the cryptopedia on her and all the heroines and the villains, shortly after it came out. I've been reading some of BC stories!! There very good!!! I'm FAN of his work!!!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 am
HIPComix Artist

My understanding is that being bound by the lasso acts like a kind of hypnosis. It can be used to control minds through post-hypnotic suggestion, I think. And since it can control minds it can also be used to reverse mind control. I think it works very similar to the way Wonder Woman's lasso works in the original TV show. There were numerous times Wonder Woman used her lasso to make people forget things, and sometimes to make them turn themselves in after she let them go.

I think probably most people that would like my comics would also like BC's stories, and vice versa. I was reading his stories long before I started making my own comics, and they've definitely been an influence on my stories.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

I really must say that Prospero surprises me again: After his efficient conduct last issue, now we see how he manages to get defeated by Ocelot Woman. I mean, he cannot could have stopped her, but come on! He’s supposed to be a villain.

But then we see he managed to get Isthar out of the way. Now I remember: The first time I saw the villain convincing the heroine to stay in his secret identity was in an episode of Wonder Woman TV Series. It was nice to see Director Jones feeling very strange about leaving Ocelot Woman to fight Agent Beauty’s goons.

Agent Beauty seems to me like an heroine name… but just when Ocelot Woman was winning, she shows us why she is the boss. I think that was clumsy of Ocelot Woman… I cannot wait to see the next issue

Thanks

Hector

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:52 pm
HIPComix Artist

I'm glad you're enjoying the story, Hector!

I had forgotten about the episode of Wonder Woman, but you're right. I think a shapeshifting alien gave Diana Prince a drug to make her forget she was Wonder Woman, then impersonated her.

The reason Prospero called Agent Beauty to pick him up was that he knew he was vulnerable. If he had been able to use the tantric sexual techniques to generate magical energy from Ishtar, he would have been charged up with magic and difficult to defeat. But since he wasn't able to hold onto the prana, he was drained and unable to put up a fight against Ocelot Woman, probably even if she hadn't surprised him like she did.

To a certain extent I'm trying to move the plot along as fast as I can right now, which is why Prospero got defeated so easily. I think Ishtar getting stuck in her Maria Jones identity is interesting (obviously, since I wrote), but it will become frustrating if she stays that way too long.

Beside, Ocelot Woman defeating Prospero so soundly makes her look invincible, which makes it more exciting when she gets in peril later on :) .

I think Ocelot Woman tends to get overconfident after she defeats some thugs. I figure villainous masterminds use thugs against heroes not because they expect them to beat them, but because it keeps the hero busy while they prepare a trap!

The name Agent Beauty just kind of came to me. She's entirely inspired by the photos/videos Veronika Zemanova did for Action Girls. There was a warforged in the Eberron D&D setting named "Beauty," and I thought the name would also make a good code name for a sexy spy. Then I just tacked on "Agent" (like "Agent 007").

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello!! Mr. Cryptic , Does Agent Beauty have any powers?? I'm not really clear about how the tantric sexual techniques works?? Does it create energy from the person he's having sex with or is he drawing energy from the person he's having sex with?? I wonder if Ocelot Woman will be the first one he using the techniques on, that it work on ? not like with Ishtar.

It will be interesting to see how he plans to seduce these heroines, he plan to use to attack Ishtar's home. But you know i hope Ishtar stop him. Oh! I really like Ishtar alter ego a lot, but i hope she doesn't stay trapped as Maria Jones to long. I'm ready for the return of Ishtar.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:19 pm
HIPComix Artist

I'm definitely concerned about not leaving Ishtar out of commission for too long. It's interesting to have distrubances in a hero's identity or powers, but if it goes too far or too long, it becomes frustrating. Ishtar will be back soon :) .

Agent Beauty is a normal woman of Czech nationality who spent some time working as a secret agent for Russia, but later became a mercenary. She has no super powers, but she is very talented, highly trained, and has a small army of mercenaries working for her.

Basically the tantric sex magic takes the fertile energy of sex and converts it into magical power. The trick is the male wizard has to redirect the flow of his semen back into his body, into his urinary bladder I think, to claim the energy. I got this idea from the Fortunato character in the Wild Cards book series. I know about as much about eastern sexual rituals as Stan Lee knows about radiation and genetics, so this is of course a very comics version of tantric sex :) .

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello!! Mr.Cryptic!! I just saw the new cover for The Adventures of Ishtar #8! WOW!!! WOW!! Ishtar looks so HOT, Ishtar has a Great REAR END!!

I've stated this before that Ishtar is one of my top three favorite adult comix heroines!! To be honest she has the total packet when it come to overall looks and her stories. I like the fact that in her stories and all your stories, the women aren't being physically abused, and they desire the sexual encounters they have!!

When it come to overall looks, she has the hair,the beautiful eyes,the pretty face, the nice breasts, the tone stomach, the nice hips,thighs and feets, alone with that great backside of her!! Her powers are even base on sexual energy and she needs to make love to maintain her power, it's also been stated that she has more power when she has sex regularly. Even in her stories, she moves in a very sexy way, she has the hottest superheroine outfit of all time,everything about Ishtar seems very sexual!! You have created the perfect Goddess of love!! These artwork is OUTSTANDING!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:40 pm
HIPComix Artist

Thanks lotchj! Ishtar is based on the Tanya character created by Rhiannon at Renderosity. I modified that figure to make her more buff and buxom. I originally used the Tanya skin, but I didn't like how it clashed (in my eyes at least) with her red boots, so I changed to the Helena skin. It was one of those things where all of the sudden she just looked amazingly good and I wasn't sure how I got there!

It's funny that when I originally created American Goddess, I was intending to make a character I wasn't going to be too attached to. I just took the Ishtar character I was developing and made her more like Wonder Woman. She was intended to use for SHC, and so I wouldn't have had the rights to her. I figured I'd rather give away the rights to a relatively unoriginal character than one that I had really created on my own. But then I used her at HIP Comix instead of SHC, and she was so much fun to work with that I had her assume the Ishtar role in my comics instead of the figure I had originally been developing.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

HI! Mr. Cryptic, Me again!! I was just reading your last e-mail. I remember you saying before you were going to work for SHC, if it wasn't for the way they wanted you to dress American Goddess. Even those SHC has very good cartoon and 3D art!! I dislike their stories and the way they treat their super heroines!! Seeing SHC name in this forums and in this e-mail make me think of a news program i was watching on CNN. Their guest was a lady from a women group and they were talking about adult entertainment!! While i didn't agree with most of the things she was saying, because I have enjoyed adult entertainment for a long time in many forms, books,DVD's, comics and now on the internet with membership to adult comix sites. I do agree with her on one point, There is a lot of violence toward women on the net!! To me SHC is a torture site!!

Would you have changed the way you write your stories?? Too where you would have been torturing your heroines the way SHC does?? Would you have made Ishtar, brickhouse or your other heroines suffer the way SHC make there heroines do??? Your stories writing is one of the biggest reasons i such a big fan, your ladies aren't getting the hell beat- out of them or always being raped, a story line a lot of artists who write super heroines stories seem to be in love with!! They are two themes i really HATE!!!

Even those the super heroines is listed as the stars of the sites, the villains really are!! Most super heroines sites are all about making the heroine suffer as much as possible!! Most of super heroines sites are pro-villain and anti-hero, the hero is there to suffer at the villain hands!! I have stated this before, this has been very disappointing to me, the focus on torturing the heroines. There are very few storylines that focus on the heroines having pleasure , on most sites that feature superheriones. I not saying you are hipcomix are into this, so don't take my next statment the wrong way!! But it seems there's a lot of guy that like to watch women being hurt or raped. That why i cancelled my memberships to those sites. I couldn't stand it!!

I'm glad you ended up with hipcomix writing your stories the way you do!! I wouldn't enjoy your stories writing if they were about torture and r@?3*. Love your writing and your art just the way it IS!!!

Last edited by lotchj on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:11 pm
HIPComix Artist

I would have never written stories where torture was something the audience was suppose to enjoy. Before I started making comics for HIP Comix, I did try making comics to offer to SHC. The only change they told me they want was for American Goddess to wear more clothes so that the clothes could get ripped off. I couldn't really see putting that character in another costume, so I invented another character using the exact same figure, a feline heroine kind of like Catwoman wearing a full body stocking kind of costume that would routinely get ripped up in battle. Then Jpeger contacted me about doing comics at HIP Comix. I could have continued developing that character and submit a comic to SHC, but it seemed to me I would be much more comfortable here.

I'm not sure what kinds of other changes SHC would have wanted me to make, but I really enjoy HIP Comix policy of letting its creators have free rein. Timo did encourage me to make some changes when I was starting out, but they were all changes for the better.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 am
Profile WWW