Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #6: HYPNOTIC INTERROGATION! 
HIPComix Artist

Post The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #6: HYPNOTIC INTERROGATION!
Ishtar is subjected to hypnotic interrogation as Ocelot Woman raced to save her.
Will Ocelot Woman save Ishtar before she is abducted to Malanga, the Island of Villains?
And will Ocelot Woman be able to resist the seductive powers of Lord Prospero?
The battle between heroes and villains continues in The Adventures of Ishtar #6, in the member’s section now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=127010

Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #6: HYPNOTIC INTERROGATION!
Hi Mr. Cryptic, Good installment of the Adventures of Ishtar!! Ishtar still hasn't been able to break Sebastian hold on her. She has again revealed another secret to him, the location of the gate to her people's home!! Ocelot woman has not got there to save her. I not sure she will be able to help, with the luck Sebastian has been having, everything has gone his way!!! He has made the Goddess of love and war look like a small time hero!! she's done nothing but revealed her secrets to him!! It will be interesting to see what will happen in these other series. He has proved he's a lot smarter than Ishtar, he really know how to use his power, even those Ishtar has a lot more power, Ishtar continue to provide him with ways to gain even greater power!! Now that she is Maria Jones ,she is totally under his conrtol!! I love Ishtar, she is my favorite Victory City hero and is in my top three of favorite adult comix heroes, Sebastian has made it look easy to enslave her!! It look like Prospero plan to seduce a army of superheroines and have them invade the home of the Annunacki Gods lead by their queen Ishtar the Goddess of love and war!! How will her people view their queen if she aid in this attack??? I don't want to give up on Ishtar, but it looks like it going to take another hero to step up an save the day!! Because for now it looks like Sebastain is to much for Ishtar to handle!!

What is Ishtar view on mortals?? I mean is she that trusting?? are does she believe mortals pose no threat to her , because of her power. She seems to get caught off guard by her mortal enemies a lot?? Sebastian and the guy from the ring have been able to enslave her really easy and the guy from the ring had no powers at all!! Like i said she's my favorite, but she can do very little to resist magic!! She was able to resist for a little while in the ring, but became his slave quickly, he even turned her against her love Paul Barnes, using her ring to make Paul think her master had jumped to his end, also using her ring to steal money for her master!! She never did break his hold on her, he still had a hold on her at the end of eternity. Sebastain has really dragged Ishtar face thru the mud!! Now that Ishtar is unable to resist Sebastain magical spells she has betrayed her people,by giving him the location to the gate!! If Ishtar is still unable to break his hold on her ,she will be used as a puppet in the down fall of the Annunaki Gods. Sebastain was a novice mage that knew only low level spells!! I'm trying to understand Ishtar mindset when it come to mortal villians. She's been nothing but a hand puppet for these men, used for their pleasure, their only mortal men and she's a Goddess, the queen of the Annunaki Gods, a Goddess of great power, a Goddess that does great good!! How can she be made to be such a fool by these evil mortal men????

That being said, i hope ocelot woman can save Ishtar and free her from Sebastain magic!! and that Sebastain will feel the wrath of the Goddess of love and war!! Come on good guys!! Don't let evil win!!! It's upsetting to see Ishtar continue to be Sebastain SLAVE!! COME ON ISHTAR FIND SOME WILLPOWER DEEP INSIDE AND BREAK FREE!!! COME ON ISHTAR YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will Sebastain good luck ever run out???? Just noticed that #2 and #4 of the Adventures of Ishtar are the most viewed of the comix installments on the mr. cryptic's cave. I can understand why!!! The action was smoking HOT!!!!

Last edited by lotchj on Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 15, 2011 9:04 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hi lotchj - Glad you liked it! To answer some of your questions/comments:

Quote:
He has made the Goddess of love and war look like a small time hero!! she's done nothing but revealed her secrets to him!! It will be interesting to see what will happen in these other series. He has proved he's a lot smarter than Ishtar, he really know how to use his power, even those Ishtar has a lot more power, Ishtar continue to provided him with ways to gain even greater power!! Now that she is Maria Jones ,she is totally under his conrtol!! I love Ishtar, she is my favorite Victory City hero and is in my top three of favorite adult comix heroes, Sebastian has made it look easy to enslave her!!

In terms of power, I think of Ishtar as being like Superman. She has vast, world-shaking power, but also certain weaknesses that, if exploited, make it possible for even a common criminal to defeat her. If you don't exploit her weaknesses, she is almost invincible. Since this is Heroine in Peril Comix, I focus a lot more on when her weaknesses are exploited than when they are not. If you recall in Adventures of Ishtar #1, there was a montage of Ishtar using her powers to easily resolve a number of crises. Ishtar's successes are presented quickly and without much detail, just to make the point that she is very, very powerful. What we really want to see is her being seduced, so that gets covered in much more detail in Ishtar #2-#6 (and counting). It isn't really all that easy to defeat Ishtar, but it is a lot easier to defeat her if you use her sexuality and her prana against her. Most criminals do not have Prospero's skills. He has trained extensively in using convential techniques and magic to seduce women. If Ishtar were Superman, then Sebastian is like Lex Luthor with a different piece of Kryptonite in every pocket :) .

Another point to make it that Lord Prospero is a major character in this comic universe. Ishtar #1-6+ is documenting the origin of one of the top supervillains in the Crypticverse. I do have a big picture in my mind of what this fictional world is going to be, and in that picture Sebastian’s seduction of Ishtar is a historical event of great importance.

Ishtar takes mortal lovers because she needs to do this to maintain her power. At the same time, she avoids long term relationships with lovers to avoid becoming enthralled by love. Usually she can make love to a mortal (usually a stranger) and control the resulting emotions. The way her powers work is she feels a build up of sexual tension (i.e. prana) when she uses her powers. If she doesn’t release this tension by sex with a man, she either loses control of her desire (like in Victory City #11), or she becomes too unfocused to use her powers (in Ishtar #1, Ishtar thinks about how she's not at full power, and the reason is because of the sexual tension she is feeling (due to overextending herself in the fight against Ultra Maxima)). The downside of releasing this tension is that she becomes attached to the man she has made love to. If he is only a stranger, the attachment is usually weak enough that she can “move on” and go back to fighting crime. Ishtar knows about the risks of sleeping with strange mortals, but she takes the risk because she has a lot more power when she has sex regularly.
The sexual tension that accompanies her use of her powers is really the only thing stopping Ishtar from being omnipotent. She could split a planet in two, but that would put her into a stupor of sexual desire that would incapacitate her for a long, long time, if she managed to focus her power enough to do it in the first place.
In most cases the superheroines in my stories will eventually break free (so that they can get captured again  ). We’ll just have to see what happens with Ishtar and Ocelot Woman.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

I see your point!! Maybe i said it the wrong way, when i said, Sebastian made Ishtar look like a small time hero. What i should have said was that he has made her look like a inexperienced hero!! What i mean is, she's had two chances to escape him. First in Ishtar #3, while under his first spell Marie Jones revealed she was the Goddess Ishtar and then changed into Ishtar, but instead of moving quickly an subdueing him. She tell him what she's going to do him and slowly moves toward him giving him the chance to cast his command spell. The second time she had a chance to escape was in Ishtar # 5, when she gained some of her will back, instead of mentally sending her message for help, she said it loud enough for Sebastian to hear, then she stood up and loudly stated, i can fight you, again giving him a chance to quickly react an cast another spell to subdue her!! Why did she say anything??? Why didn't she just move in quickly an subdue him before he had a chance to react??

You never let your enemy know what your going to do next, you always keep your enemy guessing,always keeping them on their heels!! Ishtar made the same mistake twice, letting him know her next move and than giving him a chance to react!! What was she thinking??? She knew he was casting spells, but yet she allowed Sebastian time to cast his spells. Ishtar could have escaped, gain her senses, then engaged him at a later time when her defenses were strong enough to fight off his magic!! Ishtar is a war Goddess!!! I would think she would be a master of battle strategy and tactics!!! Those were the kind of mistakes you would think a less experienced hero would make like Brickhouse or the new american Goddess!! I didn't count the first spell he used on Marie Jones, she didn't know he was a villain and had evil intentions.

I wasn't saying Ishtar isn't a powerful Goddess!!! And you are right i did like seeing the sexual action between her and Sebastian. I've also liked how you have shown in detail how Ishtar weaknesses can be used against her, even by a person with no superpowers. The only pairing that would be more enjoyable to see would be Ishtar and Paul Barnes, i think it would be really interesting to see what will happen after they make love !! How does a love goddess deal with being in love ??? will her love for him become even stronger or will he be just another lover??? Sorry!! I know i was going to leave that alone!! I'm weak!

But i will say that Sebastian is having everything his way, can something go Ishtar's way!! He's learned divine sexual techniques,conjurations,transmutations spells, she has even shown him how to create prana from using sex plus the location of the gate to Ishtar home. She's done nothing against him. I'm only speaking for myself, i'd like to see her get some pay back for all the things Sebastian has taken from her. Plus i like it better when the good guys win not the evil guys!! OH!! superman alway finds away to defeat Lex Luthor in these end. So you know that i hope ocelot woman saves Ishtar, and that Ishtar breaks Sebastian spell, so she can show him what a angry Goddess of war can DO!!! I'm looking forward to the next installment of the Adventures of Ishtar. I know this is a long e-mail!!! SORRY!! I'm trying to cut back!! Trying to get all my questions and comments in these two e-mails.

Tue May 17, 2011 4:18 pm
HIPComix Artist

Ishtar's earrings are basically magical cellphones. They don't actually give her telepathy, but they can communicate with any kind of communications device, technological (e.g. walkie talkies) or magical (e.g. crystal balls and scry pools). I decided that Ocelot Woman's breasts counted as magical communication devices, since they sense danger. So Ishtar actually needs to speak out loud to use them.

Ishtar is capable of casting a spell to create telepathic links (as seen in Victory City #20), but that takes more effort and probably some spoken incantations (she isn't seen invoking any words when she cast her spell in VC #20, but I have retconned that, at least in my mind (and now here in the forum :) ).

As far as Ishtar taking too long to attack Sebastian in Ishtar #3, I think that can be attributed to a few different possible causes. First, even before Sebastian cast the command spell that stopped her in her tracks, she was already struggling against the sexual spell he had cast on her when she was Maria Jones. She was inhibited against taking action against Sebastian, and this might have slowed her actions, even if it didn't stop her. It's possible she was saying out loud what she was going to do just to motivate herself to actually do it.

We could also attribute that to simple dramatic license. In comics characters carry on conversations in mid battle, which isn't very realistic, but it helps for telling a good story. Sebastian also didn't cast his spell until Ishtar started moving toward him. The situation could have just been: Maria turns into Ishtar, and then Sebastian immediately casts another control spell before Ishtar has a chance to do anything. I thought it was more dramatic and sexy the way it actually played out in the comic.

I definitely like the theme of Good versus Evil in comics, and Good has to win eventually. However, Lord Prospero is a major villain. Once he establishes himself, he will probably be an even greater threat than Ultra Maxima. He won't be defeated easily. You're just going to have to keep reading (it's all part of my master plan :) ).

By the way, if you have the time to post lots of comments, it certainly doesn't bother me. I like receiving whatever constructive feedback readers have to give! Don't feel like you have to limit yourself on my account. Sometimes I will take longer to respond if I am busy, but I read everything that is posted to this forum.

Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Well, it seems this forum has the most long and best argumented post I have seen here. I agree with lotchj in a lot of points. But going back to the discussion if Sebastian can control a godess, I insist: he must know he can’t. Zeuz could dethrone Uranus because he himself was a god. Mere humans or others lesser beings could intent it, but if they fail, there is hades to pay (remember the Titans?).

Nevertheless, Sebastian is showing some common sense here. One of the things that I feel strange is that a lot of villains left much things to chance when they’re working with superbeings. You cannot expect to trap an heroine so easily, and we are not talking about goddesses. But Sebastian here actually thinks a very careful plan to assure that Ishtar will not go out of his control soon.

A lot of villains kidnap the heroine and have his way with her. Well, Sebastian is not exception, but in this issue he does at last the first he would have been doing in the beginning: Now that a godess is under his control, he questions her exhaustively about her force and weakness. Then he doesn’t risk to lose his control in a perilous situation, but contacts some acquaintances that will help him with his plans… and depowers the heroine so she can be at his mercy, without anyone knowing what is happening.

The part of erasing Ishtar memory when he becomes Maria Jones is a stroke of genius in Sebastian (Prospero) plan. This way she is completely in his control, as a mere mortal human. I think he must have done that first and get Maria Jones to his supervillain lair or something, and then, secure at last, he could have done bit by bit everything he wanted.

And speaking about that, why Prospero didn’t ask Ishtar a little more about the call she managed to produce? If it weren’t for the detail of the transmission, he could have got away with it, you meddling Ocelot Woman.

In another development, I loved the idea of agent Beauty with a Band of Mercenaries as muscle for any criminal mastermind. She has the jobs, execute them and get paid. No big plan, no megalomany, just a job. Genius.

Just one more thing. Prospero, man are you serious Sebastian? Prospero? Have you skipped a Shakespeare play in the black magic school or something? Do you know who Prospero was? He was the guy from The Tempest who quit on magic because it was a power so enormous to control by him. Oh yes man, you sure know how to pick names for a magician, next time will be Lord Voldemort, I'm sure. I suspect The Heavens will not have to be so worried about the invasion. Sure Prospero, invade the Heavens. That surely will get you the chicks!
Thanks for your work!

Fri May 20, 2011 12:11 am
Petty Criminal

Hi Mr. Cryptic, After reading your replys to my comments and questions. I couldn't help but wonder what effect the upcoming events will have on Ishtar status as a leader and queen of the Annunaki Gods. I remember you saying her relationship with the Annunaki Gods is complicated!! What will they say or do when they learn it was their queen that provided Sebastian with the power he needed to attack the home of the Annunaki Gods.

Judging from what you said about documenting Lord Prospero orign, he's going to cause some major damages in the heavens. Another reason i think this, i noticed that Agent Beauty and her mercenaries just call him Prospero, he must do something pretty major to earn the title of lord, I'm thinking he will master the Tantic ritual techique he learned from Ishtar, making him even more powerful. I'm thinking Ocelot Woman won't be able to resist Lord Prospero sexual powers are any of the other heroines, most of the heroines will be part of his team of heroines that will help him invade the heavens!! He has to do something major to becoming a greater threat than the powerful Ultra Maxima!!! I know your not going to give anything away, i'm just saying. It looks like it will be up to the male members of the SDA to stop Lord Prospero, because it seems the female members of the SDA will be his puppets!

Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 pm
HIPComix Artist

I'm glad you're enjoying the comics, Hector!

Like I said before, the gods in the Crypticverse are not as powerful as gods in some other settings. Comparatively, if the mutants of Crypticverse Earth and the Annunaki went to war against each other, it's not obvious who would win.

The origins of the Annunaki or other kinds of gods (if any) within the Crypticverse hasn't really been established. They may have been heroic mortals who attained godhood by some means, possibly by overthrowing other gods. It's possible Zeus became a god when he defeated Cronus. At any rate, I'm still not figuring that there is a hard line between mortals and gods that would mortals defeating gods impossible. However, invading heaven itself is pretty ambitious :) .

I actually invented the character Prospero a long time ago, when I studying the Tempest in school. At the time, I imagined that the character was the real Prospero, and that Shakespeare somehow learned about him and wrote the Tempest based on the real character. I was figuring he didn't really renounce magic, or that he went back to magic, and used magic to keep himslef young over the centuries. I figured at some point he traveled east and learned the tantric sexual magic that you see him using in the comic. I realized it would be lot more interesting if he learned the sex magic from Ishtar. I thought about having Prospero and Ishtar meet centuries ago, and having him seduce her and learn form her then, but I really liked the idea of him seducing Maria Jones as you see it happen in the comic, so there it is. It was a hard decision to change the character from being centuries old to being modern, but I decided it was a change for the better.

In regards to Sebastian asking Ishtar who she called, I don't think Ishtar knows who, if anyone, heard her message. It was basically a one way SOS. I figure Prospero did interrogate her about it, but didn't get any useful info, so I didn't show it.

I actually got the idea for Agent Beauty when I saw the photos of Veronika Zemanova with actiongirls.com:
http://www.actiongirls.com/veronica-zemanova-dvds-2006-large.html

http://www.actiongirls.com/actiongirls.com-veronika-zemanova-2008-large.jpg
Some of my characters are inspired by a combination of different influences. Agent Beauty is one that was inspired by one specific influence, and those pictures were it!

I'm figuring that when a villain registers with the Triskelion Guild, they have to take a villainous codename, and in Sebastian's case he took the name Lord Prospero. This is kind of inspired by the City of Villains MMO. I think Agent Beauty just calls him "Prospero" for brevity. At this point she's basically a more respected member of the Guild than he is, but she can see he has a lot of potential. She's willing to answer a last minute call from Prospero to pick him up because she expects it will pay off.

Yes, lotchj, Prospero definitely has an advantage when facing female heroes. And it happens that the most of the powerful heroes are female, so we'll just have to see what happens :) !

Fri May 20, 2011 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hi!!! Mr. Cryptic. Thanks for answering my questions!! All your answers to why Ishtar didn't react quickly to subdue Sebastian, make a lot of sense!! I forgot about the sexual spell she was fighting and how sex bind her to a man. I like the new cover for the upcoming installment of the Adventures Of Ishtar!! Marie Jones looks really HOT on the ground TOPLESS!! It make me wonder what Sebastian is going to have Ishtar do, now that she is Marie Jones and can not resist his sexual charm!!

I will say again that l like Ocelot Woman new outfit!!! I use to think that Ishtar's outfit was the best, not anymore!! Ocelot Woman looks smoking (HOT) in that outfit!! Even those i still think the Goddess of love and war has the hottest body of all the heroines by far!!

Ever since you said in one of your e-mails that all the comics you have made for Hipcomix's are of past events, leading to the Panthera Khan comic, i've been trying to find out about that comic!! So i've been searching the net, and found some images from the Panthera Khan comix. It looks like Paul Barnes ( as least i think it's Paul Barnes) is doing archeolgical research looking for Ishtar, I'm not sure who the woman is he's talking too. I think it Agent Beauty, Agent Beauty try to capture Paul, but the Goddess Panthera Khan step in and try to rescue him. One of the images that stoodout was of Prospero seating on a throne with a Goddess named Muscle Goddess standing beside the throne serving as his chief enforcer.

The images weren't very good, i could tell who Agent Beauty, Prospero and the Goddess Panthera Khan were. But i couldn't make out clearly if it was Paul on the beach are who the woman was, he was talking too. These were the only three images i was able to find. I think the title of the story was Agent Beauty Strikes. Looking at these images make me think that Sebastian plan to overthrow the Gods will work. It doesn't show or say, what happened to Ishtar. Does she help him overthrow the Gods and then become his queen or does she remain trapped as Marie Jones unable to stop him from overthrowing her people and taking the throne.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:26 pm
HIPComix Artist

I let my old website, ishtarcomics.com, lapse, but I guess there are still old images of that comic on the net.

After reading that you found the Panthera Khan comic, lotchj, I then also searched for it and found it offered for download in a forum. When I clicked on the image, it tried to get me to download a virus :? . Still, I'm kind of flattered that someone liked my old comic enough to bother stealing it. That was my first effort at publishing a comic, and I'm still proud of it. I'm planning to take that comic and edit the dialogue to fit into the new Crypticverse continuity. I'll be reposting that reedited comic in the free section at HIP Comix once the story gets caught up to it. That might not be too many months away now, depending on how many twists I put in the plot between now and then.

By the way, I wouldn't exactly say that the events in Mr. Cryptic's Comix are happening "in the past." Even though Panthera Khan #1 and 2 exist, they need to be reedited to fit into the current storyline, so they "haven't happened yet." Granted past, present, and future are relative when talking about a fictional world, but my point is the future (as I write this) starts with Ishtar #7, coming June 12th :) .

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Hello!!! Mr. Cryptic, Yes!! i did find some stuff about the Panthera Khan comic on the web, but it was only a few pictures from that comic. I never download any of that stuff you find on those sites. I'll be looking forward to the upcoming installment of The Adventures Of Ishtar. But i will say that looking at those few pictures, i hope that Ishtar doesn't have to pay a high price for having bad luck!! Like it seems she will pay judging from those images.

I can only speak for myself, i don't want to see Sebastian win!! He has already taken so much from her!! So i'm hoping not to see Sebastain take everything from Ishtar and destroy her home!! I really do hope Ishtar get some payback for what he has taken from her. The statment that really blew my mind was when Ishtar said" everything i have is yours" it showed his complete control over her, but it also made me dislike him even more!! Ishtar is a Goddess doing good things, it was upsetting to see her give this evil man, her body and her mind, serving him in everyway. After her will was absorbed into the enchantment of Sebastian and her own rod of domination.

I know that lord Prospero is a major villain in the Mr. Cryptic comix world and that your highlighting his origin, but still i can't wait for Ishtar to break free from his hold and show him what a angry Goddess can do, to a evil man who has destroyed her will and enslaved her!! Don't take this the wrong way!! But i can't stand hearing Ishtar continue to call Sebastian Master, and serve him as a slave!! and seeing Ishtar continue to lose her fight for freedom to him. I know you said that Sebastian will be the heroines recurring archenemy and i will keep reading the adventures of Ishtar and the other series that continue this theme. But i hope that Sebastain doesn't maintain some kind of hold on Ishtar like that thug did in the ring of domination, even after he was killed!! I did like that story. But Ishtar as the American Goddess was totally defeated, he taken her body and her mindl !! Even after he die, she was his. I Thought he got rewarded for his criminal behavior!! He got killed and still came out of head, that was the one thing i didn't like about the ending of the story, criminal behavior being rewarded!! He didn't deserve any rewards for what he did!!

I know you won't give anything away!! Up to this point in the struggle between Ishtar and Sebastian, Ishtar hasn't provided much of a challenge to him. It been all onesided!! Sebastain way!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR ISHTAR TO HAVE HER DAY!!! I'm just speaking for meself!!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:58 pm
HIPComix Artist

It certainly wouldn't be interesting if either side, hero or villain, had victory after victory without any variation. Prospero's had a very good day, but like I said earlier, this is HIP Comix, so I'm focusing quite a bit of coverage on Ishtar's defeat. She's the most powerful hero on the planet, and usually she has victory after victory, but those aren't getting as much screen time. I thought it was important to include the montage of Ishtar solving one problem after another in Ishtar #1, just to make the point that she is so powerful. She'll have more victories in the future. Don't be afraid, lotchj!

In Ring of Domination, I was pretty much going with the concept that martyrdom is a "baptism of blood." The criminal risked his life to save American Goddess, and then actually died trying to help her. If he was just trying to get her back for his own selfish purposes, then he wouldn't deserve to be called a martyr, but I imagined that he was at least partly motivated by genuine concern for the goddess. I didn't mean to imply that his good deeds justified his bad deeds, or that he got the afterlife that he deserved. I figure his heroic actions at the end allowed Ishtar to give him a hero's afterlife. Ishtar is a goddess of love more than of justice. She wants everyone to be happy, even those that don't deserve it.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Mr. Cryptic , I was looking in these members area for the new update of the adventures of Ishtar, it had the new cover, but only had the past 6 installments!! not the new installment, Ishtar #7. Will you be posting the new installment later this week or later this month???

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:56 pm
HIPComix Artist

It will be done in the next few hours. It actually is already finished, but I'd like to make some changes before I post it.

Checking back in with you soon!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:08 pm
Profile WWW