Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #1 DEBUTS TODAY!!! 
HIPComix Artist

Post The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #1 DEBUTS TODAY!!!
The planet's most powerful hero, Ishtar, Goddess of Love and War, debuts in her own series today!
Ishtar single-handedly defeats armies of crooks and thwarts disasters! Is there any threat that can challenge her?
Find out in The Adventures of Ishtar #1, in the member's section today!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: The ADVENTURES of ISHTAR #1 DEBUTS TODAY!!!
Good start to Ishtar Adventures!! I always thought that Ishtar had feelings for Paul!! Maybe they will get together in the future. I like the idea of Ishtar being in love with a mortal ( Paul Barnes) . Plus i think it would be interesting to see how Ishtar would deal with a relationship that not only has a physical part too it, but where she will also have to deal with her feelings for him!! One of the reasons i was looking forward to the Adventures of Ishtar, i wanted to see more of Ishtar the person not just the hero! So i really like Ishtar having feeling for Paul!! It seems if Ishtar generate prana over a long period of time without a rest, her willpower become weaker and her desires start to get to her and she needs a release.

When Ishtar was thinking to herself, if Paul got her off and her Prana intermingled with his, she didn't know if she would be able to take it back , and the gods wouldn't be pleased if their queen become a love slave to a mortal. Could this happen only with Paul because she love him and may really want to be his love slave? With Ishtar saying that Annunaki Gods wouldn't be pleased if their Queen were to become the love slave of a mortal!!! In the ring of domination story, isn't that what she was to that criminal, his love slave and he was mortal. Are would it be because Ishtar would be his love slave of her own free will, without being under the spell of the ring of domination, that would make the Annunaki Gods unhappy?

It seems that even as powerful as she is, she can lift planes, defeat monsters and round up members of a criminal gang by herself. But it seem her greatest threat isn't from physical dangers, but from her own prana and struggling with her feelings for Paul Barnes, because now it seems, that everything she's done, from coming down from her throne in heaven to save him, becoming a hero and saving the world, was done for the love of him. As least it seems like that to me. It will be interesting to see how it will play out.

I was wondering if that guy she's going to let pick her up is a human are a mutant? only because of what he was thinking to himself, he has a talent for seduction.

I Would like to add this comment, I know the stories are about heroines in peril. They are subject to mind control, and must face many kind of phyical threats. For me the best stories are about heroines who are powerful and can withstand most threats!! But their greatest weakness is their feelings for another person!! I know these are adult comics, that are mostly about the violences and sex, i will admit that i like seeing lovely ladies bodies and seeing them having sex!! but it's still nice to see a mighty superheroine become just a woman, because of her feelings for someone. Which mean, i really like the thing between Ishtar and Paul.

( just noticed in the update area that Mr. Crpyptic comix is only going to be monthly on sundays starting 23 Jan.11 . that really disappointing to hear!! I look forward to your bi-weekly updates. WHY ONLY MONTHLY NOW? AND SENSE THEIR WILL BE ONLY MONTHLY UPDATES , WILL THESE UPDATES BE LONGER NOW?) Is it still going to be a hot year for Mr. Cryptic's comix, will brickhouse and friends return in Victory City, will we still see the debut of Panthera Khan series and finally will Isthar Adventures continue!! I guess what i'm asking is, are you planning to (stop doing Mr. Crtptic's Comix??????????) I hope not, i think your the BEST!!! I love Ishtar and Brickhouse and would miss them if you stop doing your comix!!

Last edited by lotchj on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:35 pm
HIPComix Artist

A nice beguining

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:28 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Ishtar generates prana at will, with the only limitation on her power being that if she generates too much prana too quickly, she overheats with prana, like an engine running too hot and shutting down. The difference of course being that Ishtar doesn't shut down, but instead loses control. There's generally two ways she can deal with the prana. The first is she can let it dissipate away gradually. The second way to neutralize her prana is by having sex with a male (which works faster than letting it dissipate on its own).

The second way is tricky because sex does have consequences for her. It binds her emotionally with the man, and if it's a man she has feelings for already, she could fall heavily under his influence after making love.

Ishtar's relations with the Annunaki Gods is complicated. We may see more about them in the future :) .

The idea of Ishtar leaving Heaven to help Paul Barnes is heavily inspired by Diana becoming Wonder Woman after finding Steve Trevor. When I first created American Goddess, she was basically a "Wonder Womanized" version of Ishtar, a character I had already created (or adapted for myth). Then when I wanted to keep using the American Goddess character, but make her more original, I turned her back into Ishtar (kind of a "natural" retcon, since the character really was Ishtar, originally).

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

One other thing, I recently watched the original "Secrets of Isis" series online. I hadn't remembered it, but Joanna Cameron as Isis is great! I had always thought of Linda Carter as Wonder Woman as the all time hottest superheroine, but I think Isis is just about her equal!
The series has influenced how I portray Ishtar. My interpretation of Ishtar now will be that that when she invokes magic not provided by her mystical parsu garments, she will have to speak an incantation to cast the spells (as she did in the last update). Eventually I'll revise her entry in the Cryptopedia. RIght now I'm just trying to get my updates done in time.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

So sex has consequenes for Ishtar, and it binds her emotionally to a man, when overheated by her prana, did she bind emotionally to Rob? It seems she was able to walk away from Rob with no problem, after being overheated with prana and having sex with him!! What is Ishtar view on sex, since she is a love Goddess?

I will say, i'd like to see Ishtar be Paul love slave, for one to see the two love birds together , two just to see how the Annunaki Gods would deal with Ishtar being in love with a mortal (Paul Barnes). Plus i don't like it when their are two people who are shown to have feelings for each other, but they suffer thru all these different problems before they get together, a lot of times they never get together, but the writer will keep teasing you with the hope of them getting together!! I hope if you do plan to let Ishtar and paul express their love for each other physically and emotionally, that it will happen in the near future not in the far future!!

Ishtar could realize that Paul is mortal and will die in time, she's immortal and could live forever! She also realize's that Her feelings for him are so strong she doesn't want to miss the chance to be with Paul , or it could be a situation, a mission that their working together and Ishtar is preforming a task where she generate to much prana too quickly and become overheated with prana, while she's overheated with prana and making love with Paul, her fears come true, Ishtar has several strong orgasms, Paul please's her like no mortal ever has, making his influnence over Ishtar even stronger!!

She could be seduced by a mutant ,who's mutant powers could make it seem like Ishtar is with (Paul Barnes) making love. It would only be a dream, but his mutant powers would make it seem real! I'm just trying to make my case for seeing them in a lustful encounter together ( Ishtar and Paul Barnes).

Finally I will say, i loved the last three installments of Victory City, they stopped ultra and Brickhouse got some (sex) which was GREAT!! But i did want to see Ishtar get some too (sex) .To be honest, since i've learned that Mr. Crptic comix is only monthly now, and Ishtar is so HOT! as she showed in this installment by sub-duing that gang with out throwing a punch, sub-duing them by using her sex appeal!! i'd like to see her have more sex, but only if it go with the theme of the story, i like your sex with a purpose theme!!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 pm