Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

VICTORY CITY #21: THE LAST STAND! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY CITY #21: THE LAST STAND!
The battle between Brickhouse and her allies versus the villainous Ultra Maxima comes to a slam bang finale!
Will the heroes find a way to defeat the nearly omnipotent she-mutant, or will Ultra Maxima conquer Victory City and make its heroes her slaves?
All will be revealed in Victory City #21, in the HIP Comix member’s section now!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

2011 will be a hot year for Mr. Cryptic’s Comix!
Brickhouse and her friends in Victory City will return!
We’ll also see the Crypticverse debut of Panthera Khan!
But we’ll start off with the first update of Ishtar’s new solo comic series, The Adventures of Ishtar #1!

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: VICTORY CITY #21: THE LAST STAND!
First let me say, that the Victory City series was outstanding from beginning to end, Great work!! I'm looking forward to it's return in the future!! That being said, i'm really excited about Ishtar upcoming series!! She is my favorite character, with Brickhouse and Sovereign right behind her. That was a great plan Sovereign came up with to defeat Ultra Maxima, using her psychic powers against her, with the pleasure bomb. Enslaving Ultra Maxima in these end.

But it seems the door is left open for her to break free from his control in the future. I was surprised that Brickhouse's husband turned out to be Dr. Pretorius!! After what was said in a past forum.( you got me!!) With Brickhouse's husband being Dr. Pretorius and knowing that Ultra Maxima is thinking of away to break free of Sovereign control, their a lot of stuff to look forward to in Victory City future!!

I know you won't give away any hints on what's to come in the upcoming Ishtar series. But i was looking back and reading some of the past installments from both series, Victory City and the Ring Of Domination. Will we see Ishtar develop a relationship with Paul Barnes, it seems like their something between them besides being just co-worker and friends? (sexual tension) like the sexual tension between Brickhouse and Sovereign. I'm sure Ishtar adventures will be loaded with lot of action and some steamy sexual encounters. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE START OF ISHTAR ADVENTURES!!

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:59 pm
HIPComix Artist

Thanks, lotchj!

I modeled Sovereign's plan after the Dracula novel, where Mina is mentally linked to Dracula, and they use that link to track Dracula down. Ultra kept an open mental channel with Candice, knowing that Candice's willpower was far weaker than her own, but not anticipating Sovereign and Ishtar using that channel to get to her.

Yes, your initial guess that Dr. Pretorius was Brickhouse's husband was correct. I didn't want to confirm it until it was revealed in the comic. Very observant!

The situation of Candice and Ron being hero and villain, but neither knowing it yet, will certainly be a major plot point in the Victory City series. Also, the ramifications of Ultra Maxima being kept in bondage by Sovereign will play out as well.

Ishtar's relationship with Paul Barnes is complicated by the fact that she's Queen of Heaven and Earth and he's a mortal. It'd be a little like the Queen of England wanting to date a janitor. This will come up in Adventures of Ishtar.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

I was reading some old DC and Marvel comics, it got me to thinking about the team of heroes from Victory city, do you have any plans in the future to give the team a name?? Like the teams from those comics. Will a leader be named? Are is Sovereign the leader? It seems he take the lead, when it come to coming up with plans.

I think of Ishtar, Brickhouse and Sovereign as the big three of Victory City, like the big three of DC, Superman, Batman and wonder woman. I'm really into your comix's right now, especially Ishtar!!

I saw your comments on the forums, about a new type of story, i agree with your comments!! But their is one thing i'd like to see, and i've said this before, i'd like to see the heroines have sex with someone they like , just for pure pleasure from time to time. Kind of like what happened with Ishtar and Liberty Omega in Victory City # 11. I know she was overheated with prana and we don't know if she was attracted to him, but she needed to have a orgasm, to me having a orgasm is having pleasure. Seeing Ishtar overcome with lust, taking off her magical garments and standing their with nothing but her sandal's on, was hot!! That was one of the best scenes from that installment!!

I will admit that, i did like seeing the beautiful Ishtar with that incredible body of her, having sex with a person, you would never expect her to have sex with!! (the Buzzard). I guess what i'm saying is, i'd like to see a variety of sexual encounters. Some that are used by the villains to keep the heroine under their control and some just for pure pleasure. Something i really like about your stories, the heroines always desire these sex!! Oh!! Is Brickhouse going to keep her new outfit, now that she is not under Ultra Maxima Psychic control? She looks SMOKING HOT in that new outfit!!

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:28 am
HIPComix Artist

Hi lotchj - I'll answer your questions in random order :) .

My intention with Brickhouse is that as a model, she likes designing new costumes, so she'll rotate between different costumes (kind of like Janet Van Dyne, the Wasp). This costume change was inspired by Ultra Maxima "turning her to the dark side." She probably wouldn't have designed that costume without Ultra's influence, at least not for fighting crime with. When female comic characters "turn bad", they often start wearing more revealing costumes. With my characters wearing such revealing costumes to begin with, I didn't leave myself much room to go :) .
Time permitting, Brickhouse will probably have a new costume design the next time we see her (time isn't permitting much now, so don't hold me to that :) ).

I'm certainly a fan of the Justice League, Avengers, etc. Victory City is actually a homage to the City of Heroes game. Brickhouse is based on a character I created in the game. Victory City recruits heroes from around the world who teleport into the city to fight crime. This is analogous to players logging in to City of Heroes. The SDA of Victory is basically a public agency that contracts with private heroes to fight crime. Those heroes can band together to form supergroups (this is like City of Heroes also). So basically there are dozens of supergroups in Victory City, but they haven't been shown. In Victory City #5, Sovereign asks Brickhouse to join his group (of which he is the only member), but she rebuffs him. So far, the eight heroes portrayed in the Victory City comic are not a formal group, just eight individuals who temporarily teamed up. That will probably change. I don't have any great ideas for a name for a group, if any one has any suggestions.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Mr. Cryptic i was wondering when The Adventures Of Ishtar is going to make it's debut??? I was looking at the schedule and it said the next update was scheduled for Jan.7, 2011. I was looking for it on Friday and Saturday, i was disappointed when it wasn't posted! I should re-state that, I was really really disappointed !! I'm really looking forward to The Adventures Of Ishtar!!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:18 am
HIPComix Artist

Sorry for the confusion. There was a mistake made in the headers in the member's section. The next update of Mr. Cryptic's Comix is Jan. 14th and that's when Adventures of Ishtar debuts.

Just five more days :) !

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Thank for the update information, i'll be looking for that first installment of The Adventures Of Ishtar later this week!! Besides Ishtar new series, you are also going to be doing a new series featuring Panthera Khan. I was looking at the guest artist gallery and i saw the picture of her, she looks hot.

I never saw your web site when it was up, so i don't know anything about her!! Can you tell me a little about her? What's her back ground story? What are her powers? Does she have any supporting characters? Will Ishtar or any of the heroes from victory City appear in a supporting role?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:54 pm
HIPComix Artist

The upcoming plot runs through the Ishtar series, the Victory City series, and the Panthera Khan series, so Panthera Khan will be appearing alongside my other characters.

Panthera Khan is actually a character I invented long before my other characters. She's basically a jungle goddess like Sheena, except that she really is a goddess, like Ishtar. I'll be editing the comic I originally posted on my website to fit into the current Crypticverse continuity. Panthera's more feral than your typical jungle princess. She growls, claws, bites and doesn't use weapons. Her origins and how she became a jungle goddess will be revealed in time. Her powers include strength, immortality, speed, and some mystical nature powers.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 am
Profile WWW