Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

VICTORY CITY#19: CONQUEST OF VICTORY CITY! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY CITY#19: CONQUEST OF VICTORY CITY!
Ultra Maxima, now possessing the unearthly strength and invulnerability of Brickhouse, launches her conquest of Victory City! Meanwhile, Brickhouse returns to the heroes’ headquarter, now indoctrinated into Ultra’s philosophy of mutant superiority! Will the rest of Victory City’s heroes become Ultra’s slaves as well? The battle begins in Victory City #19, debuting today!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=128601

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:04 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: VICTORY CITY#19: CONQUEST OF VICTORY CITY!
Sovereign does have great mental powers, just as you said!! I was not surprised that they were able to turn Brickhouse into a love zombie, using Sovereign super charisma and Ishtar Prana. What did surprise me was that Ishtar seemed unable to resist Sovereign super charisma ("He's irresistable",Ishtar thought to herself)!! Sovereign was even able to draw prana out of Ishtar and to effect the flow of Ishtar prana with his super charisma!! It will be interesting to learn what his plan is to stop Ultra!! I was just looking back at Victory City #7 and #16, i have a question? When Buzzard was loading the capture heroines into his van, Dr. Pretorius thought Brickhouse looked like someone he knew. #7 When Brickhouse was sitting in her home wishing her husband was there, he was away on another business trip. # 16. Is Brickhouse, Dr. Pretorius wife? Tell me if i'm way off base!( i know you don't want to give anything away).

I do hope Sovereign has some fun with the girls first (sexually), especially Ishtar, before he put his plan into action!! Even those Ishtar is my favorite character, by far!! And i always want her to win all her battles!! I will say, i do hope we see someone rock her world sexually,to this point no one has been able to handle Ishtar sexually.

I've been meaning to comment on the way you use sex in your stories, i call it sex with a purpose!! It's away used for a goal, with Ultra Maxima, she used sex to gain powers,in their battle with the Buzzard, it was having sex with Dr. Pretorius that finally made Ishtar give into the chips, and it was how the Buzzard was defeated, having sex with Ishtar!! I like that theme!! But i do hope there are some stories where the characters have sex, Because they think a person is hot, and they want to have enjoyable sex with that person. Without being controlled by something.

I can't wait for the next installment!! The cover for Victory City # 20 looks great with Brickhouse and Ishtar!! This was a another real good installment, leading into the battle for Victory City! I will add that i hope the heroes will win in these end!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:33 am
HIPComix Artist

It was much easier for Sovereign to overwhelm Ishtar with his super-charisma because she already cooperating with him and wasn’t expecting him to use his powers against her. If she had regarded Sovereign as an enemy, or a stranger, it wouldn’t have been nearly as easy for him to seduce her.

Also, within the “reality” of the Crypticverse, prana and sexual desire are basically the same thing, so it’s natural that Sovereign seducing Ishtar would also cause her to lose control of her prana. Ishtar’s not unique in possessing prana, but is unique in that she can create prana out of nothing, and then use prana to perform magical feats.

Your suggestion about Dr. Pretorius and Birckhouse makes sense. Another possibility is that since Candice is a glamour model, Dr. Pretorius knows her from her photos on the internet.

This might seem a little strange since this is an adult comic, but I’m actually trying to avoid gratuitous sex, that is, sex not relevant to the plot. However, sex is central to the plot, so there’s still lots of sex. As adult webcomic creators go, I’m extremely conservative about sex. I probably won’t show any one night stands unless they somehow are part of the plot (I do have a couple of ideas in mind where this is the case).

You’ll be happy to know that once this storyline concludes, I’ll plan to do a storyline more focused on Ishtar (titled “Ishtar”), and I’ll come back to the Victory City series later. Brickhouse is the central character in Victory City, although Ishtar’s role has become larger than originally planned.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

THANKS for answering my questions!! I kind of thought that was the reason he was able to control Isthar, he's a fellow hero, so she's working with him. Didn't know that about producing prana, i did thing Ishtar was the only one that could do that! It does make sense what you said about Dr. Pretorius and Brickhouse.

Great answer on your view on sex in your comic!! But it does seem that the heroines are always for--d to have sex against their wills. It seem, it's these only way the heroines are allowed to have sex,with most of the sites that feature them as the main character. ( you don't torture your heroines and the sex is not against their wills, you have a different twist on that).

Now that i think about it!! I can believe you are conservative about sex. The sex scenes haven't been really long, i think the encounter Ishtar had with the criminal in the ring of domination was the longest, 5-7 , She also did more with him then any of the others, most of sex has been pretty mild stuff , not hardcore, which i don't have a problem with! while I do like different sex acts and longer sex scenes, not all that wild stuff!! ( dominatrix ,bondage, or any kind of group sex) don't like that stuffl!! I really hate r@?3*!! (anything against a person will!!)

A lot of the adult comics have a lot of great action stories, just as good as the regular comics!!( your are the best in these world of adult comics) The sex part is what make it different from the regular comics. One of the reasons i started to look at adult comics that featured heroines as their main characters online, was because i wanted to see that part of their life's explored as well. A lot of the adult sites that feature heroines, act like it a crime for the heroes to want and to have enjoyable sex with a person their attracted too.Why can't heroes have fun too!!(sexually)? Just like people with no powers do!! I know i would enjoy seeing them have sex in that way, Not just seeing them have sex in the line of duty. But i do understand your view!!

With you saying that brickhouse is the main character in victory city, does that mean she will defeat ultra in these end!! I know!! you don't want to give anything away!!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:31 pm
HIPComix Artist

Your point that we only see the heroines having sex when they're made to by villains is one I've thought about a lot myself. I think it just has to do with what is dramatic and moves the story along. E.g., Candice has a life beyond what I show in the comic, including having sex with her husband. There just hasn't been a reason to show it yet. I don't typically show the heroines having non-perilous sex for the same reason I don't usually show them paying their phone bill or brushing their teeth :) .

In the scene where Charmaine and Rob are together in Victory City #19, I had at one point thought about showing them in the act of having sex, but I decided I liked it better the way it you see it in the comic (it's implied they had sex). It just seemed sexier and classier the way it is. So you almost see a heroine having regular non-perilous sex!

Brickhouse is actually loosely based on a City of Heroes character I created. Since that character concept developed based on a setting with two cities, one teeming with heroes and one teeming with villains, I created Victory City and Malanga Island to fulfill those roles. I had originally planned on the title of the series being "Brickhouse," but I decided if I gave it the more generic name of Victory City I'd have the freedom to focus on other characters if I wanted to. My intention is to eventually have three series: Victory City, Ishtar, and Panthera Khan. Panthera Khan was on my website before I closed down that project to focus on doing comics for HIP Comix.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Thanks for your insight on this subject. The point you made that the sex has to be important to the plot, make a lot of sense!! But i still have to say, it would be nice to see the heroes, enjoy sex with someone, they want to be with, once in a while. I do understand the point you were making!! I'm looking forward to the new upcoming series, Panther Khan and Ishtar, especially Ishtar new series!!

I'm also looking forward to the next installment of Victory City!!! I really want to find out what Sovereign plan is , i can understand why he needs to make Brickhouse his slave, but i don't understand why he needs to make Ishtar his slave too!! Ishtar has a very strong will, if ultra try to control Isthar mind, she will have a hard time doing so, and Ishtar is strong enough to go hand to hand with Ultra. Which i think would give these other member of the team time to come up with away to defeat Ultra! While Ultra battle with Ishtar!!

Plus If Sovereign is using his powers to control Ishtar while she's channeling prana, she may become overheated with it, she did say he was enflaming her prana!! Last time she was overheated with prana, all she wanted was sex. What good is Ishtar in that state of mind?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 pm
HIPComix Artist

Sovereign has super-intelligence, and he can respond to new situations by devising complex strategies within seconds, so don't feel bad if you can't figure out what he's up to :) .

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:35 pm
Profile WWW