Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

VICTORY CITY #16: ISHTAR! BUZZARD! ULTRA MAXIMA! & MORE! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY CITY #16: ISHTAR! BUZZARD! ULTRA MAXIMA! & MORE!
Compelled to serve and obey by Dr. Pretorius' fiendish hypnotic microchips, Ishtar and her heroine allies have become sexual playthings of the Buzzard! How can they escape if they don't want to escape!? Also, a supervillainess has designs on an unsuspecting Brickhouse! See it all in Victory City #16!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: VICTORY CITY #16: ISHTAR! BUZZARD! ULTRA MAXIMA! & MORE!
OUTSTANDING !!! OUTSTANDING!! I love that Ishtar used her lovemaking skill to defeated the villian, which show she truely is a LOVE GODDESS!! I hope to see her use her lovemaking skills more in the future along with her other powers!! This is my new favorite installment!! The next installment looks interesting too!! What will happen if brickhouse come under the control of Ultra Maxima? Can the team defeat Ultra Maxima with Brickhouse under her control? Can even the mighty Ishtar stand-up to both of them? Two of most powerful mutants on the planet!! I have to says again i like the fact that Ishtar defeated the villain with pleasure, not by pounding him in the ground!! Which is why i like victory city and your story telling so much, not all that violences and suffering!!! As you have shown in this series , you can defeated the hero and the villian by using pleasure,instead of pain!!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:58 am
HIPComix Artist

I'm glad you enjoyed it lotchj! I was actually worried that you would be disappointed the enslavement of the six superheroines ended so quickly, so I'm glad you liked the conclusion. I've heard that entertainers are supposed to leave the audience wanting more! And of course, if the heriones are freed, that allows me to introduce new perils!

I left it a little nebulous whether Ishtar deliberately loved the Buzzard to death, or if this was just a result of her mindlessly following her master's order to "give him a hot, hard fucking." It could also be a little of both.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

This is by far my favorite installment. The only thing that could have lasted longer, was Ishtar and Buzzard sexual encounter. She looked good riding him!! Ishtar also looks good nude!! espeically having sex!!

Guess that is my next big question?? Since Ishtar is a love Goddess with thousands of years of lovemaking experience. I'm thinking her sex drive is stronger then a regular human being!! (i'm guessing this is a part of being a love Goddess). Lust has been used as a form of mind control. I'm guessing this is a big weakness of her!!

Her being a love Goddess,
If someone without using devices to control her will, that has the same sexual endurance as Ishtar and pleased her sexually!! If that person seem to be good at first , but turned out to be evil, could her lust for that person make it hard for her to choose between her duties as a heroine and her lust for that person? Her lust seem to have a strong hold on her!! (which i like!!)

I've been a big fan of comic books for a long time!! In thor, Loki is the god of evil, in wonder woman, Ares is the god of war!! Those gods put all their energy into these areas!! They get power from it ,as well as great pleasure from it! I was wondering if Ishtar is the same way? Since she is a love Goddess!!

THANKS!! For answering my questions about Ishtar powers, i think i understand her powers now!

Last edited by lotchj on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:34 pm
Henchman

I'm really enjoying this story and am looking forward to the next issue.

About the only thing I'd like to see that I haven't is one or more of the heroines _not_ treating being mind-controlled into a sex slave as a routine everyday event.

It seems like (except for one comment from Ocelot Woman) everybody is just going about their business as if nothing bad had happened to them. One would think that the new heroines, especially the new American Goddess who has no training/preparation, would be traumatized in some way by what happened to them.

That being said, I liked how you got the heroines out from under the Buzzard's control and it should be interesting when Brickhouse and Ultra Maxima get together.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:31 pm
HIPComix Artist

lotchj: I've been deliberately vague about Ishtar's powers and weaknesses because I've wanted to avoid painting myself in a corner, or placing unnecessary restrictions on future plotlines. But at this point a lot has been established about how her powers work.

It is true that lust is one of Ishtar's weaknesses, or at least she's much more easily defeated by her own lust than by bombs or fists or bullets. Her breastplate gives her Superman level invulnerabilty to conventional attacks.

Strictly speaking, Ishtar is much better at resisting lust than most people. I partially modeled Ishtar's use of the Rod of Domination from the Mord Sith and their agiels in Legend of the Seeker (I'm only familar with the TV show, not the book series). Whatever lust Ishtar imposes on another, she experiences also, so if she wasn't good at controlling her lust, the Rod would not be a very useful weapon (she would disable herself at the same time she disabled her target). Ultra Maxima's will is as great or greater than Ishtar's, so in that case the Rod tactic didn't work as well as it usually would. Ishtar can channel lust into targetrs without using the Rod (or the Ring), but the Rod makes the prana transfer more efficiently, so that a greater proportion of the prana she generates gets converted into projected lust. I'm trying to give her powers some pseudophysical reality.

The reason why Ishtar is vulnerable to lust is because her powers are dependent on prana flowing freely from her body, and if she closed herself off from experiencing the prana, she would also shut off her powers. She's basically really horny all the time, but keeps it under control with superhuman willpower. However, if something causes her prana to burn too hot, or if something weakens her will and self-control enough, she'll give in to her desires (which is what happened in Victory City #11).

cvn: That's a fair point. I was kind of figuring that in the pages right after the hypnotic microchips shut down, the heroines were disoriented and not really reflecting on their experience deeply yet. Whatever trauma they felt would come later. Also, the chips weren't exactly mind control chips. They were really emotion control chips. E.g., when the heroines were standing like robots in the cellar (Victory City #14), they weren't really mindless, they were just standing there thinking about how how pleasurable it is to pretend to be a robot. Probably the most traumatic thing about the chips was that when they shut down, the pleasure they felt from being a slave suddenly disappeared. It's possible they might suffer withdrawal symptoms.

The only heroines who were sexually violated were Ishtar (who can handle it, she's a millenia old love goddess), and Brickhouse (maybe Ocelot Woman in Victory City #7-8, but I left that open to interpretation). My thinking with Brickhouse is that she's still feeling the desire induced by the chips, and is trying to redirect that desire to her husband now that she freed from the control (unfortunately he wasn't home).

In Doc Robo's Original Sins, Miss Metrobay gives a speech about how the heroines take the abuse from the supervillains so that civilains don't have to, and I guess that's my take on the philosophy my heroines have too.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:52 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

One other thought on the heroines reaction to being controlled. Given the way the hypnotic chips worked, by manipulating desires and emotions, when the chips were turned off, it probably felt a bit like when you meet someone you were at one point madly in love with, but now are not anymore. It's usually not so much traumatic, but rather confusing and bewildering (e.g., "What was I thinking?" or "What did I see in him/her?"). That's basically what Pitbull's reaction was when she was freed from the chips control.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Thanks for answering my questions!! I'll be looking forward to Victory City # 17!!! I'd like to make some comments about the hynotic mirochips!! Like i said before, i liked that the chips used pleasure to control the ladies not pain! The heroines didn't seem mindless, they didn't have that blank look and they didn't have glazed eyes.They seemed aware, but obeyed because it give them pleasure!! I thought it was a great idea to have the chips work that way. It will be interesting to see what other devices you come up with that uses pleasure to control. Plus I think when using pain, the person is always struggling to break free!! But using pleasure, it make it harder to resist, because it feels good!!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 am