Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

VICTORY CITY#14: UNDER DR. PRETORIUS' POWER! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY CITY#14: UNDER DR. PRETORIUS' POWER!
After the Buzzard delivers Victory City's finest heroines to Dr. Pretorius as his captives, the mad scientist tests his newly developed hypnotic microchips on them! Will even the mighty Ishtar become an obedient lackey? Find out in Victory City #14!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: VICTORY CITY#14: UNDER DR. PRETORIUS' POWER!
Great update the precursor to something amazing, im excited for what is to come.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm
HIPComix Artist

Nice update!

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Glad you're enjoying it! This storyline has twists and turns to come, so I hope you like where it goes!

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

I liked this installment!! I can't wait to see what will happen between Dr. Pretorious, Brickhouse and Ishtar in the next installment. Looks like it could be really hot!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:18 pm
HIPComix Artist

Thanks lotchj!

I remembered that I need to acknowledge my debt to BC. I got the idea for the hypnotic microchips on the nipples from his stories. Thanks, BC!

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

I was reading this installment of victory city over again and started thinking of something you said to me in an e-mail about Ishtar powers. Her power is sexual energy. It is used best to overcome other with lust.(she a love Goddess) My question is, how was Dr. Pretortus able to resist her, but could not resist Ultra Maxima putting that idea in his mind about having sex with her and brickhouse?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 am
HIPComix Artist

Well, actually Dr. Pretorius didn't resist Ishtar, or at least not for long. Ishtar laid her seductive charms on pretty lightly at first, because she didn't think anymore would be necessary. Pretorius initially resisted because he really wanted to be faithful to his wife. Ishtar realized a little more seductive intensity was needed, so she laid on the seduction a little heavier, and then he gave in.

Also, Ishtar was using only her innate charms, not her Rod or Ring of Domination. Without her parsu garments to channel her prana, her powers are similar to those of an extremely sexy, extremely athletic mortal woman, with an immense knowledge of magic rituals. If Ishtar had touched Dr. Pretorius with her Rod of Domination, he probably would have been enslaved by her very quickly, with only a small amount of prana used.

Ultra Maxima has an extremely high willpower, maybe the strongest on the planet, which is why Ishtar got overwhelmed with prana when she used her Rod of Domination on her. It occurs to me I probably should have shown Ishtar using her Rod of Domination on a more common criminal at some point, just to establish how easily Ishtar can dominate most people.

Ultra Maxima never used her psychic powers on Dr. Pretorius. She figured (correctly) that the hypnotic microchips made Brickhouse very eager for sex with her master, and all she needed was a little nudge to make her a little more aggressive in coming on to her master. This was about all Ultra Maxima could manage to do, given that her powers were being supressed by the neurosupressor rack she was strapped into. Most mutants in that device would not be able to use their powers at all, but Ultra Maxima is extremely powerful, and was able to project a small measure of psychic domination.

I knew that this was kind of a complicated scene, as far it being clear who was doing what when to who. I'll keep working on making a clearer presentation to the reader.

Thank you!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

One other thing on this general topic of Ishtar and how her prana works: I was a little worried about the logic behind something that happened in Victory City #10, when Ishtar became overwhelmed with prana after using her Rod of Domination on Brickhouse. Basically, it's a little odd that dominating Brickhouse overwhelmed Ishtar with prana, since Brickhouse has a pretty average willpower. So I thought I'd try to explain that part a little better, for anyone that's interested or wondering about it.

My general reasoning on this was that when Brickhouse was turned against the heroes by the Buzzard, Ishtar had already used so much prana that she was very close to the point of being overwhelmed by it (i.e. being too horny to think about anything except sex). Figuring that Brickhouse has a typical level of willpower (she does), Ishtar tried to use just a small amount of prana to subdue her. But, she miscalculated. That small amount of prana she used to subdue Brickhouse was enough to push beyond the point she could handle.

I also think that when Ishtar starts to become intoxicated with prana, it degrades her ability to control how much prana she's generating. It would sort of be analogous to someone drinking too much and getting a little tipsy, which in turn lowers their inhibitions against drinking more. It's possible that when she subdued Brickhouse with prana, she used more prana than she intended because her control over her prana had become clumsy.

Just a little overanalysis for anyone who's interested :) .

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

It just occured to me that when Ultra Maxima thinks, "That's it Dr. Pretorius! Fuck your two sexy slaves and pay no atteention to me!" it might look like she's using her psychic influence on Dr. Pretorius. In this case, her thought balloon is supposed to represent good old fashioned, non-telepathic thoughts. When she's communicating and or dominating psychically, there are little ray points on her thought balloon to indicate shes broadcasting or projecting her thoughts.

At first I didn't understand why you thought Dr. Pretorius was being psychically manipulated by her, but now I see it.

I'm sure there are better ways to represent telepathic thought. I'll work on this.

Without any technological defenses, Dr. Pretorius would have very little chance to resist Ultra Maxima's psychic domination. But when she's strapped into the neurosupressor rack, her powers are diminished to a tiny fraction of their normal power.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

Thanks !! for answering my question, and giving us a better picture of Ishtar powers. I wanted to add, i like that all your stories don't have the ladies doing all that suffering, like you see in all those other comics!! In your first story the ring of Domination, the American Goddess was defeated by her own ring. Using her lust to make her the criminal willing slave!! Even in this story the heroines were defeated by drugging them not by beating the hell out of them!!! The device the criminal is using to control them,doesn't control the heroines by using pain,but uses sexual pleasure to control the ladies!! I'm really tired of that theme!! I NEVER GOT THAT!! It's not entertaining to see the heroines suffering like THAT!! I am guilty of wanting to see sexy women with great bodies having enjoyable sex, not being for--d to have sex. SO TO ME YOUR STORIES ARE REFRESHING!! KEEP UP THE GREAT STORY TELLING!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 am
HIPComix Artist

Thanks lotchj! I really appeciate the fan support!

As I said when we emailed, a big part of why I started making comics is that the comics I wanted to read weren't being made. Mind you, this was before I was aware of HIP Comix. I'm very fortunate to have a spot at HIP Comix where I can show my comics.

I hope you enjoy Victory City #15, which just premiered in the member's section today!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:54 am
Profile WWW