Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

VICTORY CITY #12: The Return of a GODDESS! 
HIPComix Artist

Post VICTORY CITY #12: The Return of a GODDESS!
Ishtar and Liberty Omega are ravaging each other, too enflamed with lust to notice their enemies stalking them! It seems hopeless, except for a new heroine rising up to rescue them! Will this young heroine’s strength and courage be enough to defeat the cunning of the Buzzard? Find out in VICTORY CITY #12, IN THE MEMBER’S SECTION NOW!
http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=127010

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: VICTORY CITY #12: The Return of a GODDESS!
A nice new heroine introduction... and good comic panels.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Faithful Assistant

*nods*

I was wondering about the blond hair, i thought Ishtar got a hair dye job for some reason. Neat plot turn though.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:07 pm
HIPComix Artist

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the new American Goddess!

I was wondering how many people could see where I was going when Ishtar first gave Ashley the ring back in Chapter 4. I think what seems obvious to the writer is usually a lot less obvious to the reader.

Originally American Goddess (the original) and Ishtar were going to be two separate characters (mother and daughter), but then I realized it would be a lot less redundant to roll them into one character. I always knew I wanted American Goddess/Ishtar to have a Wonder Girl like spinoff or sidekick, and with the American Goddess identity left vacant by Ishtar, I figured this was the best way to go.

I wanted the new American Goddess to have a different look than the original, so that she wouldn't be seen as a Wonder Girl/Wonder Woman ripoff, so instead of being tall and brunette (Ishtar's 5'9" barefoot, similar to WW), Ashley's blonde and petite (she's 5'0" when barefoot, before and after the ring transformed her).

I hope people like the way the Buzzard defeated Ashley. At first I was going to have one Buzzard Boy pull out some chloroform and knock her out, but I just wasn't getting inspired by it. Once I decided to go the way I did and rendered it, I was really happy with how it turned out. I hope others liked it too.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Petty Criminal

I wanted to make a comment on this installment, but i keep forgetting! I like the idea of Ishtar having a sidekick!! I love the Goddess!! (I also love the expression on Ishtar face while being overcome by lust!!)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:11 am