Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 am

FREE HIP SPOTLIGHT: VICTORY CITY #6! 
HIPComix Artist

Post FREE HIP SPOTLIGHT: VICTORY CITY #6!
Hello HIP Comix fans! The newest installment of Victory City is open for viewing in the HIP SPOTLIGHT gallery!

As Ocelot Woman is taunted and drugged by the wily criminal mastermind, the Buzzard, her friend Brickhouse comes to the rescue! Brickhouse has titanic superhuman strength, but can the wily Buzzard manage to escape her, or perhaps even find a way to subdue her? Find out in Victory City #6!

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=80549

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:19 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: FREE HIP SPOTLIGHT: VICTORY CITY #6!
Very nicely done, I like it very much.

The expressions in special.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 am
Profile WWW
I want to second the praise -- the sleepy expressions are superb. Looking forward to the re-education process, which I hope does not go in a robotic direction.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:55 am
HIPComix Artist

Hi! Thanks all!

The "reeducation" will go in a somewhat robotic direction, but hopefully you will still like it, Shylock. I don't want to give too much away, but the Buzzard and Dr. Pretorius are a relatively small part of this first storyarc that I have planned for Victory City!

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
I assume there will be some kickback before the heroines' eyes glaze over -- and trust that you are going to explore a number of different kinds of possession in Victory City. Looking forward to upcoming installments.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm
HIPComix Artist

This first storyline is actually going to be kind of atypical for me. Most of the HIP style storylines I have in my head or in writing involve a male mastermind tricking and seducing a much more powerful heroine (like in Ring of Domination). However, in this upcoming storyline, the main villain is Ultra Maxima, a female mutant who has both mental power (she's very intelligent and has mind control power) and brute power (she's strong and tough, can hurl energy blasts, etc.). The perils facing the heroines will be different than just mind control (although lots of mind control will be involved). I'm not generally that much into "girl on girl action," but when I came up with the Ultra Maxima storyline, I realized it was the idea that I was most excited about bringing to life. A lot of it's inspired by the X-Men universe, the Heroes TV series, and also the Aberrant roleplaying game (which I've never played but I have most of the books).

I'm also not usually that much into the concept of "mutants," meaning people who just happen to be born with powers. I usually prefer my superheroes to be unique miracles, like Spider-Man or the Flash. However, in this case I'm doing a very mutant focused storyline. I should note that in the Victory City universe, mutant powers manifest in many different ways, not just at puberty like with Marvel. Potential mutants frequently become actual mutants after weird accidents like being bitten by animals or being struck by lightning (that's also the way it works in the Aberrant roleplaying game).

In Brickhouse's case, her mutant superstrength gradually emerged after many years of intense physical training (she's in her late thirties). If Candice Carlson hadn't chosen to be a physique model and train like she has, she probably would have never developed any superpowers.

I have some specific ideas about how the mutants' power are explained scientifically (in real life mutations usually have neutral or bad effects), but that will be revealed in time.

That was kind of a rambling post. At some point I intend to start posting some information pages in the free previews area about Victory City and the characters in it, but right now I'm just trying to get as far ahead as I can with the comic series so that I don't get behind and have to start sweating the deadlines.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

The Aberrant rpg background is good, the game not he he.

Try to take a look to Mutants and Masterminds , Role Playing Game.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:51 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

I've played Mutants and Masterminds before. It is a good system!

THe Aberrant setting is really interesting! I've played White Wolf games (other than Aberrant), but not often enough to have a strong feeling about the system.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

The White Wolf system is good for storytelling but it's not good for combat scenes.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:22 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Wow!! Tons and tons of awesome stuff!! I love your variety and how you fill each panel with so much detail!

Mon May 10, 2010 10:07 pm
HIPComix Artist

Thanks Finister! Given the many great characters, plots and locations seen in your own comics, I'm very honored by your compliments!

Fri May 14, 2010 12:27 am
Profile WWW