Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm

Questions and comments about MCcomix.com 
Forum Rookie

Post Re: Questions and comments about MCcomix.com
Hi doc.
I wonder if you can help me.
I tried becoming a member at mccomix.com,but it would'nt let me join because my credit card is a visa and cc billing wont accept visa.Will this always be the case?
I hope they will accept it eventually as i dont really want to pay any other way.
Also i was wondering if the platinum earth storyline will be moving over or staying at hipcomics.
If you could let me know on these points i would be greatful.

matwalk

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:19 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hello Mat,

The Platinum Earth is staying at HIPComix on a bi-weekly basis. I have just finished creating Act 32, which readers will see in late December. The Metrobay characters that are currently guest starring in my most recent storyline will have the whole story concluded here at HIP in early 2010.

We felt that it was better for MCComix to eventually move to producing its own unique and original MC-related material rather than just continue series that started here at HIP. The goal of MCComix is to develop its own distinct personality as a website based on MC themes. It does not aim to simply be a clone of HIPComix, although there will always be a sisterly relationship between the two sites.

Sincerely,
Sir Willoughby

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:20 pm
Forum Moderator

Some of you have had questions about using Visa to join MCcomix.com. Apparently Visa takes longer to set up than the other companies, hence the delay. We hope to be able to accept Visa on MCcomix in the next couple of weeks at the most.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding during this initial setup process.

- Doc

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Rookie

Hi sir willoughby and doc robo.
Thankyou both for responding to my message.
I am relieved to hear that ccbilling will evetually be accepting visa.I'm a huge fan of yours doc you maintain a high quality of story telling which cant be easy because of the high volume of material you put out.
And sir willoughby i have thouroghly been enjoying your platinum earth storyline.
unfortunatly i will not be able to subscribe to both so when my membership runs out for hip comics that will be it.
Thats why i wanted to know if you will be moving over.I wanted all my eggs in 1 basket so to speak.But i'm just greedy i guess he he.But of course i understand your reasoning as to why your not moving over.
But i was wondering have you thought about releasing your material on to a cd.I for one would buy it.
Just a thought.Anyway Keep up the the good work you do guys.

Matwalk

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:09 am
Forum Moderator

matwalk wrote:
I am relieved to hear that ccbilling will evetually be accepting visa.I'm a huge fan of yours doc you maintain a high quality of story telling which cant be easy because of the high volume of material you put out.

Hi Matwalk. MCcomix.com now takes Visa, in addition to the other major credit cards. The lack of a Visa option was solved within the first week or so after the site's launch.

Thanks for the question, and for the kind words. I really appreciate it!
- Doc

Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:14 am
Profile YIM WWW