Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm

Questions and comments about MCcomix.com 
Forum Moderator

Post Questions and comments about MCcomix.com
Last week we told you a little more about our latest and largest endeavor at HIPcomix. This week we can confirm perhaps the most important pieces of information - the site's name, address, and launch date!

The staff and ownership of HIPcomix are proud to announce that the new mind control themed sister site to HIPcomix.com is called "Mind Control Comix", and the address is www.mccomix.com. Pretty straightforward and easy to remember, huh? Go ahead and bookmark it now!

We have also pegged September 9, 2009 as the launch date for MCcomix.com. That's right, 09/09/09. Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks as we announce additional details about the new site, including staff members, the update schedule, subscription information, and much more.

One more thing... we're sure that members and visitors alike have questions about this brand new enterprise. To help answer those questions, we have set up a temporary forum here on the HIPcomix messageboard so interested individuals can have a place to chat about the new site. Just reply to this forum post and jump in on the discussion with your question or comment. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

- Doc

Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Faithful Assistant

Post Re: Questions and comments about MCcomix.com
I guess my primary question would be what comics will be moving over to the new site?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:11 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

MacroLass wrote:
I guess my primary question would be what comics will be moving over to the new site?

We'll be making that announcement this weekend. I can, however, say that no archived material will be transferred to the new site. It will be 100% new comics content, built from scratch.

I can, however, tell you that the majority of the artists and authors who specialize in mind control on HIPcomix will be contributing to MCcomix in some form or another. The question then becomes "who?" and "how much?" Again, we will answer all of that this coming weekend when the next newsletter comes out.

- Doc

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

So I imagine that the sequels and continuations of some of the stories appearing here will eventually be on the new MC site?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 pm
Forum Moderator

madcap wrote:
So I imagine that the sequels and continuations of some of the stories appearing here will eventually be on the new MC site?

Yes and no. While there will be one or two unavoidable exceptions, stories that are currently on HIPcomix will stay there and will be completed there. MCcomix is intended to contain all-new material.

Now some of the writers and authors who have created larger 'universes' for their characters to inhabit may in fact have archived material on HIPcomix while new material is posted on MCcomix. That's one of those unavoidable circumstances that I mentioned. However, we will endeavor as much as possible to finish any current storylines on one site before the artist switches to another.

- Doc

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Arch-Criminal

Why the decision to split off? The site seems just fine as it is.

P

leto17 wrote:
I second pelusa1ca on all counts.

Small time villian working my way up the ranks of Metrobay's crime organizations...

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:11 pm
Forum Moderator

pelusa1ca wrote:
Why the decision to split off? The site seems just fine as it is.

I think there are a couple of reasons for that. One is that we wanted to expand the business and offer more choices to our readers. We also received feedback that many members who are mind control fans might not necessarily be heroine peril fans, or vice-versa. We are attempting to satisfy as many different segments of our fanbase as we can while still delivering a quality product each and every week.

- Doc

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Super Villain

How would memebership work? Or, is that a question for later?

Just curious.

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

dumbtime wrote:
How would memebership work? Or, is that a question for later?

The setup will be very similar, if not exactly the same, as how we do things at HIPcomix.

- Doc

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

Doc:
So if we're members of Hipcomix we also have to subscribe to MCComix as well?
Or will there be a single membership for both Hip and MC - comix sites?

Also will the Hipcomix site stop having mindcontrol, drones, robotization etc.., with all that moving over to MCcomix?

thanks.
Longtime fan and member.

Bluemax

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:25 pm
Henchman

Doc:
By the way, any sample or teasers as to what's coming on MCComix?

Bluemax

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:27 pm
Forum Moderator

bluemax2 wrote:
Doc:
So if we're members of Hipcomix we also have to subscribe to MCComix as well?
Or will there be a single membership for both Hip and MC - comix sites?

Also will the Hipcomix site stop having mindcontrol, drones, robotization etc.., with all that moving over to MCcomix?

thanks.
Longtime fan and member.

Bluemax

Yes. HIPcomix and MCcomix will have separate memberships. You would have to join each side independently to see all content on both sites. That said, we are working diligently to implement some sort of discount if someone joins both sites, but there are major issues with our billing service over that so we can't promise anything concrete for the time being.

I can't really comment on the story plans for any of the artists or authors on either site (other than myself, of course), but the goal is for mind control-themed stories to appear on MCcomix and bondage/catfight/heroine peril-themed stories to appear on HIPcomix. To do otherwise would defeat the purpose of having two sites. That said, it would be next to impossible to say that none of the themes from one site will appear on the other. To legislate that out completely would be to stifle the creativity of our artists and authors.

Finally - we plan on having some teaser material available for MCcomix shortly before its launch. Keep an eye out for announcements as we get closer to 09/09/09.

Thanks for the questions!
- Doc

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Last week we told you that our new sister site MCcomix.com will be launching on 09/09/09... well that's only 10 days away!

Now we are proud to unveil the charter members of the MCcomix staff, and release the first-ever MCcomix update schedule!

Tuesdays - Akonkid and Battlestrength will alternate every other week.

Thursdays - Jpeger will alternate every other week with a mystery artist working under the "MCcomix Presents" banner.

Sundays - Finister Foul and Doctor Robo will update weekly.

Check back next weekend as we announce even more details leading up to the big launch, including information on membership plans and some Grand Opening specials!

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

We're counting down the final days before the launch of our new MCcomix.com sister site on 09/09/09!

This week we would like to discuss the all-important pricing plans that will be available for those interested in joining MCcomix.com. We are pleased to announce what we believe are two very reasonable subscription rates, so you can get in on the ground floor of what we feel will quickly become one of the leaders in the erotic comix and fantasy mind control communities.

When MCcomix.com opens to the public on September 9, a recurring membership will be available for the low price of $9.99 per month. That's right, for less than $10 per month you'll have access to hundreds of pages of top quality adult comics, updated a minimum of three times per week by some of the most experienced and well-known artists working in the erotic mind control genre.

But wait, there's more! For those who wish to take advantage of a great deal, you can sign up for an introductory six month membership to MCcomix.com for only $47.95! That's a whopping 20% savings off the monthly rate. It's like getting a month for free, and then some!

Both of these great bargains will be available when MCcomix.com officially opens for business on 09/09/09. See you then!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

Hey Doc, is the MCcomix site still going up today?

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:57 pm
Villain

I've taken a good look around the site and as you say it runs prtetty much like HIPcomix. THe starting stories are each very good in their own way with two of them set in the ever growing Metrobay Universe. This makes it seem like just another day in the HIPcomix office and I can see some non MC HIPcomix fans being a little miffed at stories they would expect to see on the original site will require a second membership (I assume) It's might also get a little difficult keeping the two sites from relying on any continuity or history created in the other site that members might not be aware of.

The fist story M-TECH by battlestrength is the non Metrobay one is a great teaser chapter with a nice last panel which leaves me wanting more. Over the few initial panels it does the jog of getting the initial storyline set. Art wise the colours seem a little odd in places although the models used and the backgrounds chosen work very well in the context.
Gets a solid 7/10

Doc Robo's changing of the guard looks very polished as i would expect, it's a metrobay story with a history carried over from the other site. I know who the villain is and the backstory. People that have not subscribed to HIPcomix will not whivh may detract from their enjoyment. But the prmise is good and I am looking forward to reading more. Maybe a single panel with Giollas backstory would help.
Again a solid 7/10 (6 if the the backstory thing bothered me)

I love Club pump, it's the best of the three start-ups. The artwork is great and the uses of backgrounds is spot on. I like the plot as well and the models are good to look at. My only niggle is why did it have to be set in Metrobay? That loses it a mark I'm afraid and takes it down to a very good 8/10

Two of the three stories rely on some form of technological brainwashing and the third on chemical conversion. These are no doubt some preferred methods of the writers and artists. I hope though that you can branch out and cover all the other delicious ways to rob a maiden of her mojo.

To sum up it's a good start but I would hop to see a bigger difference between the two sites. MoreMCcomix and less HIPcomix.

As always these are only my opinions. I'll take a look at the free stuff tommorrow and let you know what i think.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

mesmereyes wrote:
I've taken a good look around the site and as you say it runs prtetty much like HIPcomix. THe starting stories are each very good in their own way with two of them set in the ever growing Metrobay Universe. This makes it seem like just another day in the HIPcomix office and I can see some non MC HIPcomix fans being a little miffed at stories they would expect to see on the original site will require a second membership (I assume) It's might also get a little difficult keeping the two sites from relying on any continuity or history created in the other site that members might not be aware of.

The fist story M-TECH by battlestrength is the non Metrobay one is a great teaser chapter with a nice last panel which leaves me wanting more. Over the few initial panels it does the jog of getting the initial storyline set. Art wise the colours seem a little odd in places although the models used and the backgrounds chosen work very well in the context.
Gets a solid 7/10

Doc Robo's changing of the guard looks very polished as i would expect, it's a metrobay story with a history carried over from the other site. I know who the villain is and the backstory. People that have not subscribed to HIPcomix will not whivh may detract from their enjoyment. But the prmise is good and I am looking forward to reading more. Maybe a single panel with Giollas backstory would help.
Again a solid 7/10 (6 if the the backstory thing bothered me)

I love Club pump, it's the best of the three start-ups. The artwork is great and the uses of backgrounds is spot on. I like the plot as well and the models are good to look at. My only niggle is why did it have to be set in Metrobay? That loses it a mark I'm afraid and takes it down to a very good 8/10

Two of the three stories rely on some form of technological brainwashing and the third on chemical conversion. These are no doubt some preferred methods of the writers and artists. I hope though that you can branch out and cover all the other delicious ways to rob a maiden of her mojo.

To sum up it's a good start but I would hop to see a bigger difference between the two sites. MoreMCcomix and less HIPcomix.

As always these are only my opinions. I'll take a look at the free stuff tommorrow and let you know what i think.

Hello Mesmereyes. Thank you for your comments about our new endeavor, MCcomix.com. As you are a well-known figure in the erotic mind control community and fellow MC aficionado, I respect your opinions and I thank you for taking the time to leave them for others to read.

I understand your concerns about the perceived similarities between HIPcomix and MCcomix. While that may be true early on, we expect that MCcomix will eventually evolve into its own separate entity that services the mind control community in the same way that HIPcomix services the heroine in peril and bondage communities.

I also see your point about these new comix perhaps relying too much on established continuity that is not readily available on the same site. While that concern has some validity, I am not sure that it is any different than any movie sequel or multiple-season television show. If someone wants to watch "Iron Man 2" next summer, all they have to do to catch up is rent a copy of the first movie on DVD. We have a similar situation here. In fact, we offer a special three day trial membership at HIPcomix designed for anyone who wants to get caught up on past comix quickly and inexpensively.

http://www.hipcomix.com/JOIN.html

Again, I thank you for your critiques of the new site and the new comix, and I am looking forward to reading more of your reviews in the future.

- Doc

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

I have not been able to join McComix.

I click Join, then Join Now, then on Instant Credit Card Access (from http://www.mccomix.com/join/index.htm). I get a page saying Account Inactive.

Is this a problem to be fixed? Am I doing something wrong when I try to join?

I'd like to join so I can read the latest story. Thanks.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:35 am
Forum Moderator

c0ne22 wrote:
I have not been able to join McComix.

I click Join, then Join Now, then on Instant Credit Card Access (from http://www.mccomix.com/join/index.htm). I get a page saying Account Inactive.

Is this a problem to be fixed? Am I doing something wrong when I try to join?

I'd like to join so I can read the latest story. Thanks.

You aren't doing anything wrong. We are patiently waiting for the billing company to work their magic so the site can go fully live. Hopefully it won't take more than a day or two. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

Post Is it pay or free at this time?
Doc:
Is Mccomix still free to sample or do we have to join?
Does our Hipomix membership give us a break with joining?
The join screen sends you to a phone number at this time.
What can be done?
Thanks.

bluemax

Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:22 am