Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Tales from the Platinum Earth - Discussion 
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Tales from the Platinum Earth - Discussion
I for one must congratulate Sir Willoughby on an excellent recent stretch of comics. When he first approached me about utilizing some of my characters in his story I was a bit apprehensive - mostly for unfounded reasons - but looking back I'm glad that he did. Willoughby has a knack for storytelling that really stands out, and he was able to weave multiple story threads together extremely well. On top of that, his rendering and effects skills are fantastic - some of the best in the business. Here's to a great run of "Platinum Earth" so far, and hopefully many more to come!

- Doc

Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Villain

You were building to such a hot chapter and then the aliens pulled the plug. I understand the reasons you did what you did but it felt like a bit of a cock block. But I loved Platinum Earth before the Metro bay chapters so I can count on enjoying it again in future chapters. In a way we have an entire new landscape to enjoy and look forward to. I hope you pursue the concept of taking a suitable redheaded goodie two shoes and slowly filling her character with a "gleeful taste for evil and corruption." And hope Dr. Robo takes a similar course with Silver Satin. She was so Yummy as a villainess.

Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 pm
Profile YIM
Henchman

I also have to admit to feeling a little bit disappointed with some of the last chapter, particularly involving the departure of the Metrobay heroines. I do realize those weren't your characters and they were on loan, so eventually they were going to leave the story, but man, to have them all escape their enslavement and leave in the same chapter was, well...damn! From a story perspective this was a great chapter and tied up a lot of loose ends well. But from a "I want to see heroines enslaved and being made to do things they would never otherwise do" it was disappointing.

That said, the scene with Silver Satin showing her master her new slave-making process was one of the absolute hottest scenes you have EVER had in this series. Seeing that process explored in greater detail was something I was really hoping we would get to see down the road, so having it cut short by those accursed heroines was very upsetting. It did seem like a bit of a cocktease to start that scene and then have it interrupted halfway through. I don't know if it's at all possible at this point, but I do hope that somehow we can see that explored further. Like maybe now that she showed her Hive masters that process, they now have an understanding of and access to that technique?

I did like the little teaser with Knyght Fighter which I imagine will be explored further over in the Metrobay stories. Anyway, now that the Metrobay stuff is wrapped up, I look foward to seeing the new directions you take this story. I know that things are far from over, and the Mars station storyline that we've only gotten little snippets of so far now seems rather imminent. I can't wait to see what other wonderful scenes of peril and new creative forms of mind control you throw at us! I hope this post didn't sound too critical...I have been completely enjoying this story...so much in fact, that I was disappointed at seeing certain bits of it come to an end!

Anv Vestia, I have to agree about Silver Satin...I hope that Doc Robo explores that new side of the character over at McComix!

Sun May 09, 2010 10:39 am
HIPComix Artist

Quote:
I especially loved Silver Satin's new enslavement method. It is a shame that we won't see her use it again.

She won't use it again, but....

Quote:
Does the transformation kill the victim?

No. They do stop breathing, lose the ability to feel pain and have their thought processes diminished to only the level required of them. But they're not dead. Maybe closer to the Borg?
But for all intents and purposes, you could consider them techno-zombies.

Quote:
I for one must congratulate Sir Willoughby on an excellent recent stretch of comics.

Time permitting, I hope we occasionally see the Metrobay heroines do more heroic things over at MC. I know images are at a premium and the MC comes first, but to see the Metrobay heroines kick some ass was definitely one of my favorite things to render in this 16 issue arc!
And thanks to Finister and yourself for letting me borrow the girls for a while!

Quote:
I understand the reasons you did what you did but it felt like a bit of a cock block.

A bit? It was a massive cock tease!
We had this set up, and then in one issue I tear it all down with only a few teasers as to what may come next. If I was hoping for a bad ending scenario, I'd be pretty pissed off! This is the closest I have ever come to flipping a "reset switch" and I have to say, doesn't feel all that good.
The thing about Metrobay is that it follows the US comics tradition of having no fixed end in site, so protecting the status quo is important for future stories. With The Platinum Earth, I've already written the ending, so it's now a story about the journey of the characters and how they reach that end (years from now). In a way, I'm glad the Metrobay characters are gone because now I can focus back onto the Platinum Earth story in full. That means more endings of a "permanent" nature.

Quote:
I also have to admit to feeling a little bit disappointed with some of the last chapter, particularly involving the departure of the Metrobay heroines. I do realize those weren't your characters and they were on loan, so eventually they were going to leave the story, but man, to have them all escape their enslavement and leave in the same chapter was, well...damn! From a story perspective this was a great chapter and tied up a lot of loose ends well. But from a "I want to see heroines enslaved and being made to do things they would never otherwise do" it was disappointing.

I agree.
But, as the Metrobay heroines had to go back, I thought it better the cut off was fast. The main goals of this crossover arc were:

1) To introduce Platina Shrike and her powers
2) To explain more about the Arzentium and the Ghaanites
3) To expand the Granvion Projects Team by introducing the Blitzvogels
4) To introduce Stylet
5) To get the Iron Hand plotline moving again
6) To show the Southern Defense group in action but also looking for more members
7) To set up the Mars Base Verona story
8) To have some fun with the Metrobay heroines

I think I achieved all of those things but at the terrible price of somewhat of a reset switch for the end of the arc.

Quote:
It did seem like a bit of a cocktease to start that scene and then have it interrupted halfway through. I don't know if it's at all possible at this point, but I do hope that somehow we can see that explored further.

Well you know, once something is learned, you can't really unlearn it.

Quote:
Anyway, now that the Metrobay stuff is wrapped up, I look foward to seeing the new directions you take this story.

I feel free. Now it's off the highway and onto an autobahn with no speed limit!

Quote:
I can't wait to see what other wonderful scenes of peril and new creative forms of mind control you throw at us! I hope this post didn't sound too critical...

I totally understand and agree.
I can promise all readers that this will be the first and last time I ever use anything that approximates a "reset switch".

Sun May 09, 2010 3:02 pm
Forum Moderator

Sir Willoughby wrote:
Time permitting, I hope we occasionally see the Metrobay heroines do more heroic things over at MC. I know images are at a premium and the MC comes first, but to see the Metrobay heroines kick some ass was definitely one of my favorite things to render in this 16 issue arc!
And thanks to Finister and yourself for letting me borrow the girls for a while!

You're very welcome. I think you did a great job with them!

We will definitely see some more ass kicking in our next storyline over at MCcomix. I guarantee it!

- Doc

Fri May 14, 2010 11:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

Dear Reader,

The Platinum Earth Act 41 is now available to HIPComix members at the following link:

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=129581

Well, I am actually glad to have moved away from the previous arc and into new territory. I've been building up the Mars Base Verona storyline for about six months now and finally we can really dive into it. I must say it was a lot of fun making the characters of the Long Range Reconnaissance Corps and they all render really well in my mind, Belle Harper especially!

Some of the more astute among you may see something familiar about the cover of this week's act and if you look at the cover for Act 43, you'll notice something similar. Outer space is a change of scene for The Platinum Earth and I hope you will enjoy the change. I'll get back to the plights of the other characters back on Earth in due time.

Sincerely,
Sir Willoughby

Sun May 16, 2010 7:42 am
Henchman

Wow, I was surprised to see another chapter so soon! This was a shorter chapter obviously meant to set the stage for the Mars storyline that you've been building up for so long, so there's not but so much to say about it as of yet...though the brief video feed from the felled robot was intriguing and I can't wait to see what's become of the crew. Based on what we've seen so far (and the cover to 42), I'm almost expecting to discover that the female crew members have been roboticized by that one guy whose name I forget at the moment...but I suppose we'll find out for sure soon enough!

Sun May 16, 2010 11:25 pm
HIPComix Artist

Dear Reader,

The Platinum Earth Act 42 is now available:

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=130430

Thinking about Hector's situation, if you had the chance to create yourself a perfect world with all the women you wanted and powers that placed you above a regular human, would you take it? Take it if it meant betraying and condemning the human race to slavery? Most of us wouldn't, we care too much about the people we know or maybe we have a higher moral belief that would preclude such an act.

Then you have Hector...ignored, abused and immensely frustrated. He's also hit rock-bottom in losing his job. Now there's the chance to make an impact on his world and the people around him. He's been offered the opportunity to satisfy his lust in a little kingdom called Verona with over a dozen women as potential candidates. Who would choose otherwise?

As an aside, I'm happy with the way June Jones rendered out in this chapter.

Sincerely,
Sir Willoughby

Quote:
This was a shorter chapter obviously meant to set the stage for the Mars storyline that you've been building up for so long

I'm not going to lose any sleep anymore making 40-page chapters in the near future. It almost broke me. The Platinum Earth will resettle at a more reserved length of 15-20 pages per installment.

Quote:
and I can't wait to see what's become of the crew.

That will eventually be answered.

Quote:
Based on what we've seen so far (and the cover to 42), I'm almost expecting to discover that the female crew members have been roboticized

It's not quite that straight-forward.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:46 am
Villain

Hell of a start for the new chapter. I like the way our femme's were helpless witnesses to their own humiliation. I like the way they went pale as the creatures did their work on The new Breeding Army cadets. The long drawn out conversion was kind of cool to. And I loved the way they were sort of sucked into the Cocoons to undergo the final changes. I am hoping they will be almost worshipful to the master as they were cruel to him in the beginning. Nice, enthusiastic Hive mothers who can't even remember the human women they were before being "Enlightened."

Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 am
Profile YIM
Arch-Criminal

Love the little head creatures...really nothing more needs to be said. ;)

P

Sun May 30, 2010 12:54 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hi Sir Willoughby - I just wanted to send a message that I enjoy Platinum Earth very much. I don't have a lot of time to read comics, with day jobs and making my own comics, but I really admire the fully fleshed out universe you've created! I've only read the early part of your series so far (time being limited), but I wanted to express my admiration before too much time slipped by!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:27 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Dear Reader,

The 43rd installment of The Platinum Earth series is now available in the member's area:

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=131462

Back to the members of the LRRC this week (Long Range Recon Corps), nicknamed "Lurkers'. As this story arc continues, we'll be jumping around from the present situation to the 48 hours before when Hector began to put his plans into motion.

A word about the woman on the last page...if you've been reading and keeping up with all the Mars base Verona pages, then you will have already seen her. Pay attention to the details of her clothing in that final panel and you can probably figure out a few things before I show it to you in the coming issues.

Jennifer Chen...I think I'm in love. Cute and sassy. It's my goal to try and make all the female characters of my series distinguishable from one another. With Poser art, it is easy to have lots of characters with a generic look that basically makes them interchangeable, save for the hairstyle.

See you in two weeks, I'll post up a few covers in the free area soon.

Sincerely,
Sir Willoughby Faulkner Sedgewick

Quote:
I like the way they went pale as the creatures did their work on The new Breeding Army cadets.

Thanks, but they didn't actually go pale. It may have been me playing with the lightning when I was making the pictures that made it appear their skin color was changing. Oops.

Quote:
And I loved the way they were sort of sucked into the Cocoons to undergo the final changes.

There may be more cocoon suckage to come.

Quote:
Love the little head creatures...really nothing more needs to be said. ;)

It takes more time and effort these days to think of enslavement methods. However, I also understand it isn't just the method that counts, but the detail involved in showing how it works.

Quote:
Hi Sir Willoughby - I just wanted to send a message that I enjoy Platinum Earth very much.

Thanks. I like your muscular women.

Quote:
I've only read the early part of your series so far (time being limited), but I wanted to express my admiration before too much time slipped by!

Time...I wish I had more of it!

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:47 pm
Just want to say that your work is amazing.
Hope you revisit some of the villians/heroines from the earliest episodes.
I loved the ones that change the nature of the heroines (which you do at various junctures).

Haven't seen any new covers. Is the next set due out soon?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:57 pm
HIPComix Artist

Quote:
Hope you revisit some of the villians/heroines from the earliest episodes.

I'll try to get back to all of them, but with so many characters, some may not reappear for a while.

Quote:
Haven't seen any new covers. Is the next set due out soon?

Check out the covers gallery.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:00 am
I'm really curious about the chick in the purple mask in PE_Crystal episode.
That one seems to lend itself to a drone pawn secretly amongst the heroes that's been there awhile now.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 pm
I just noticed the preview pictures for the upcoming episodes have disappeared from the updates. Does this mean there has been a production delay serious enough to remove them all? Or is this just a glitch?

Anybody know? I'm chomping at the bit to find out what happens next. ;)

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm
I want to know too. I'm excited over the next chapter which I thought was opening tomorrow.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hello All,

Something a little peculiar this week.
I have posted up the first Plainum Earth story I ever did in August 2008.
Available for viewing in the member's gallery:

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=133441&g2_navId=xb0be3bed

This was meant to be #1 of the story but I did a major rewrite of the plot in the Fall of 2008 that completely changed the basic premise of the story. However, before I had done this, I had actually rendered the images for 17 issues! I have about 1500 renders from this first "false start" of The Platinum Earth. Maybe one day I'll post up more of it.

In regards to The Platinum Earth Act 45, I'm working on it now and it should be done next week or just a little later.
In the next act, I will show you the fate of Security Officer Rosa Morales.

Sincerely,
Sir Willoughby

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:54 am
Hoorah! Glad to know everything's going well. Keep up the great work, I'm definitely a huge fan of your series. :)

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:22 am
*paces a bit* Every day to wait is definitely torture, but its so fun to be kept in suspense, lol.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next