Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:28 pm

Saffyre Blue is back!!! 
HIPComix Artist

Post Saffyre Blue is back!!!
Well, you asked - and now we're going to deliver!! Here at HIP we try to accommodate our member's requests so in response to the many fans who have demended her return...Saffyre Blue Book 2: Welcome to Planet Hell begins on April 14th!!!
If you haven't seen it yet check out the teaser at:

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=72250

and keep an eye on the free area where I'll be posting updates, wallpapers and preview artwork leading up to the launch. It's gonna be bigger, better, sexier and downright dirrrrrtier, so don't miss out - it's isn't called Planet Hell for nothing!!!!!

Slianthe!
Morpheus

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:24 am
Super Villain

Post Re: Saffyre Blue 16
The link from picture 8 to 9 is missing. I had to use a roundabout route to get to number 9 and beyond.

Also, there is something wrong in the picture order. #8 doesn't seem to fit; what is that robot blown out of the window?

And then in #9, Saffyre's uniform is torn up but she doesn't mention that detail until picture #14.

Please elucidate.

-Mick

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:13 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: Saffyre Blue is back!!!
Hi, Mick - Not sure about the link problem but it seems to be running well now so presumable the mods have sorted that out.
As far as the episode is concerned the picture order is just as I wrote it using the standard literary and indeed cinematic device of "set up and delivery", i.e. I and set up panel 7 with Saffyre stating her intention of having a"little chat" with Mekkzirra yet she clearly has her guns in hand, this juxtaposition inferring to the reader that her "little chat" will be anything but and that she is indeed expecting to have a fight. The "delivery" or punch-line is panel 8 where Mekk is blown out of the window as the result of their "chat". This shows that Saffyre (and, by inferrence, the reader) is correct in her assumption that the "little chat" will end in violence and that she was right to arm herself in advance.
You see the same thing in old Hollywood westerns where someone enters a bar through the door and exits seconds later through the window - it's a kind of shared cinematic/sequential art database of knowledge which most comics fans, albeit unconsciously, lock into.
The torn uniform in panel 9 is an obvious visual cue to the reader that the fight was not all one-way and to add a caption to the effect of "and my suit is all torn" would be a waste of time. Comics are by nature a combination of literary and visual information so if something is obvious from the art why repeat it in the text?
The reason it WAS specifically mentioned in a later panel is to inform the reader that the damage to her suit has weakened her fighting capabilities - a fact which was NOT obvious from the art and indeed was never intended to be as the caption did the job of informing the reader. It was established in book 1 that her uniform is as much a part of her combat capability as her guns or her ship so this weakens her position vis-a-vis Mekkzirra and leads to her eventual capture as seen in the new episode.
Why did I leave out the actual fight scenes? Simply because it wasn't hugely important to the overall story - it's a bondage site and it had been a while since Saffyre was in a bondage situation so I edited out the non-essential bits in order to keep the story running at the pace I wanted it. We saw the lead-up to the fight and the end result, the rest was not as important as getting on with the story. That said, it may be that some readers prefer to see the fight sequences so if that's the case write in and let me know. At the end of the day I want to do stories that the readers like so if you, and other readers want to see things in the strip that I haven't done just say the word - I can't do it if I don't know it's wanted after all.
Hope that answers your questions.
Cheers!
Morpheus

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:54 am
Bully

Post Re: Saffyre Blue is back!!!
glad to see she's back hope the story continues to impress wonder how she's going to get out of being mo's plaything?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:56 pm