Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

The BC Story Page 
Henchman

Post The BC Story Page
I am not sure how active this site is. I do not mean a personal attack, but I look at the Stories, and it looks like BC is the only contributor, and while very prolific....I can not take BC's style, personally.

BC Teases and I hate hate HATE Tease. And a darned Shame too he comes up with such good characters and ideas, but before I even start reading in know the heroine is put to sleep with ether or chloroform on the nipples, and the villains will have zero depth and would make a retarded 6 year old look like a rocket scientist, allowing the heroine to make a cheesy campy escape before anything happens.

The reason I hate Tease, it's like making fun of people..HAHA I know I made you WANT this..but I am in control...can't have it...

I don't tease others, I do not WANT to be teased

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:52 am
Profile ICQ YIM
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: The BC Story Page
lordgriffin wrote:
I am not sure how active this site is. I do not mean a personal attack,

I'm sorry but it sound like that.

You've 5 post here and 2 of them are full of senseless criticism. So it's easy if you don't like the site, don't come here to bore us with your air of splendour. I'm sure you're a great writer but if you don't like BC stories... don't read them and it's not necessary that you remember us how repetitive are them to your expert eyes...again and again.

This is a comic site, not a stories one, and with a particular theme: Superheroines. And the teasing is an important part in most of its material in the member section, perhaps if you'd be a subscriber you'd talk from another point of view. But it's easier to comment seeing only a little part of the whole site.

I'm sure that in that vast place called Internet there are a lot of sites full of material in your style, because if you come here again and again to read stories which you don't like to make another criticism... I'm sorry but you're a masochist or simply tedious.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Megalomaniac

I took note of LordGriffin's post. He's entitled to his views but they are in the minority. As is crystal clear..my stories attract a lot of attention in the stories forum and there have been more good reviews than bad reviews.

Every writer has his or her style of writing and that is their right. They are not required to please anyone except the moderator of this site and their own standards. I have met both of these requirements with flying colours.

I have no difficulty if you don't care to read my stories because thousands more people will and will continue to do so for a long time to come.

Be advised that your best and only option is to let every reader decide on their own what types of superheroine stories they want to read and keep your biases to yourself.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 am
HIPComix Artist

Since I'm a fan of BC I just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion too.

I think that lordgriffin is mixing up personal preferences with criticism. For example, Uroboros comics appeal to me more than probably any of the other comics on this website. I would not, however, say that the other artists do a poorer job or show less technical skill. Finister's artwork, especially lately, is incredible and his stories are clever. But I think Uroboros's stories are still closer to what I myself would prefer to read in a comic.

If BC's stories were much different than they are, I wouldn't want to read them. I like knowing that nothing in his stories is going to make me cringe with disgust and make me wish I hadn't read it.

My biggest criticism I would have had of BC's stories in the past is that he had too many similar feline amazon superheroines and that it was confusing remembering which was which. However, lately he's been focusing on Ocelot Woman for the most part, so I don't think that's as much of a problem as it used to be.

BC and I have different styles, which I've had a little fun with that in my comics where Ocelot Woman has made guest appearances. When Ocelot Woman talks aboout her Ocelot Breasts, my heroine Brickhouse kind of raises her eyebrows since most Crypticverse heroines don't name their breasts or spend nearly as much time talking about them :) .

BCs stories have been extremely valuable to me since I've taken so many of his scenarios and rearranged them and adapted them to my own purposes.

One other thing for lord griffin, I started making comics because the comics I really wanted to read weren't being made, so I learned how to make them myself. I don't think I'm unusual that way. If you think BC's stories tease, that means there must be something you find compelling in them (how could you be teased by something that didn't affect you in some way?). You should write you own stories, emulate the parts of BCs stories that you find effective, then develop them the way you would like them to develop. If BC isn't writing the stories you want, and no one else is either, you should write them yourself (and or make them into comics if you have the inclination).

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Actually, sometimes BC's stories have events that make me cringe. There is a story where Tiger Cat (Jackie Jaggassar) gets knocked out and mind controlled with voodoo. It was one of the sexiest sequences in his stories, but then she ends up getting killed! I think her death was intended to pave the way for the new Tiger Cat, not to be titilating, but still her death was very jarring for me. I'm not sure if that story is part of BC's current continuity or not.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Megalomaniac

I just wanted to briefly state that the Tiger Cat story which Mr Cryptic referred to is not included in my plans for future stories. I've relaunched Jackie Jagessar as Tiger Cat and not continuing stories where her daughter becomes Tiger Cat.

Thanks as well to Mr Cryptic and Mitru for including Ocelot Woman and Princess Puma in their comics.

Look forward to seeing future appearances from them.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:09 am
HIPComix Artist

BC, if you could take the sequence where Tiger Cat was knocked out and mind controlled with voodoo, and adapt it into another story (either with the same character or another character), that would be cool. It was one of my favorite parts of your stories.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Megalomaniac

I'll see what I can do with that scene Mr Cryptic. I know the scene your talking about and it can be replicated.

Looking forward to your upcoming comics.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:16 pm
Faithful Assistant

People have to do what they want to do.

No one is being paid to do any of this, since it's all 'fan' and 'guest' contribution. A long time ago, i concluded, that if i'm not going to contribute to the pool of material for the genre, that it really wasnt fair to be a harsh critic for those that do.

If thinkgs are not to your liking, contribute something that is. Inspire those who already do, to look at your stuff and say, "Gee, that's pretty good. Maybe i should try something similiar."

If you dont have the time or talent to even make the attempt, it's unfair to make such comments for those that do. If you've made the attempt and can't do it, because it's too hard, or you dont have the time, appreciate those have managed to get to the end to put stuff out.

Are any of us better off, if BC stops putting these stories out? You wont have what you want, and the pool of free stuff will have been dimminished.

As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for. If these stories are an eyesore to you, dont read them.

I'll admit some of the stories are hit and miss with me also. Some i like, some i shrugs and wonder why he did certain things. Regardless you'll never make everyone happy. I'm sure stories that you find perfect for yourself, will draw criticism from someone else. So regardless of what BC writes, he'll never make everyone happy, so he should write what he enjoys.

http://angelic-kitten-art.deviantart.com/
http://guests.hipcomix.com/gallery2/mai ... emId=11292

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 am
Petty Criminal

I have not looked at any of BC stories yet!!! The only character i've seen is Ocelot Woman in Mr. Cryptic's comics. I just wanted to ask a question?? I've been a member for a little over a year. I have looked at each artist comics, i do have my favorite comic!! How i can make a comment on a stories or a scene, i really don't like without upsetting these artist.?? Even those i enjoy their work most of the time. I don't want to make any artist mad , my favorite comic from this site is Mr.Cryptic's comic i think his work is outstanding!! I like his stories, the heroines aren't being tortured and the heroines are always willing partner in their sexual encounters.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:06 am
Faithful Assistant

Different artist have different focus, different viewers have different interest. Things are diverse enough on this website that i think you should be able to find something interesting about.

My personal favorites are UROBOROS and FINSTER's stuff.

Each of the artist have sections on the forum if youd like to make supportive comments.

If youre not going to be supportive, thats okay too, just dont be insulting or demanding, ESPECIALLY if it's not an artist in the paid area because they're not being compensated at all for anything they do.

http://angelic-kitten-art.deviantart.com/
http://guests.hipcomix.com/gallery2/mai ... emId=11292

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:26 pm
Henchman

I must admit, The general closed mindedness of this forum, is staggering.

We start out with Mitru, who doe snot address any of my discussion, but prefers to just label it a "personal attack" on BC

BC replies in the defensive, well of course you have a large fandom, you have a nitch market, as you pointed out I stated an opinion, I woudl have happily discussed this with you, but repeated attempts at personal messages went ignored, again no "attack" intended

Mr Cryptic I liked those replies best, though I did not "mix up personal opinion with criticize"

When I write *I* like feed back, good AND bad, and in the circles I write I have a modest following myself. I am not prolific, as I do not have the time to devote to it.

Finally to reply to "kitten" I am not sure how I have to stress that I understand that "people do what they like" other then to state that same fact again. My intent has never been to be angry, upset, criticize, BC or anyone else, I was interested in a discussion on the content, I am sorry that diidn't happen, but I will tell you up front the reason I refuse to go to pay sites, or pay for stories, is the exact same opinion I have been stating, I read one story, ALL the same..Bad guys goes after heroine, bad guy is an idiot, bad guy either lets heroine escape, or kills her. All back and white..no color, no shades of grey.

BC writes what BC likes, if I wanted to read the Heroine gets away all the time I'd create a site like that...as Mr Cryptic pointed out, I emulate what I like about BC (very nice desc's BC and I love the animal women) and I do not emulate the rest.

You guys all have a nice Forum, I doubt I will be posting ever again, and that's prob makes the people reading this quite happy.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:48 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Administrator

lordgriffin,

First to quote your primary critique of the generic nature of heroine in peril stories.

"...but I will tell you up front the reason I refuse to go to pay sites, or pay for stories, is the exact same opinion I have been stating, I read one story, ALL the same..Bad guys goes after heroine, bad guy is an idiot, bad guy either lets heroine escape, or kills her. All back and white..no color, no shades of grey. "

You may not believe this, but I tend to agree with you fully. I've always loathed the simple plot device of the pathetic villain and the easy escape. I take it you didn't read my solo fan work or my work with Timo. We've never been the kind of storytellers to be that predictable. Our villains and secondary characters, while flawed, were not one dimensional or clumsy (unless it was called for in places where the plot would have come to a grinding halt.)

I also agree that paying for a premium content site like HIPComix means you should have access to a wide range of stories with diverse and characters. We strive to provide such content. Fan work is a free expression of another level of writing. I don't hold it to the same standards as what we publish at the pay site.

BC does his thing for free. I don't read the vast majority of free work in order to preserve my neutrality, so I can't comment on specifics. And no one is pushing the forum members to read material that does not meet their expectations.

I do hope you'll take a look down the stories section and see the other work has been posted before you give up on the forum.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:41 am
HIPComix Artist

WOW! If you talk ONLY about BC stories... there is not normal that I talk about a PERSONAL ATTACK?

And I'm still awating a story from you here... this forum thread is free for all. But it's obvious that you prefer the criticism only, 8 post and all of them to make a senseless criticism of a website, when you recognize yourself that you're not paying for the member's section.

It's very easy to make a critic of something when you're enjoying the 10% of the whole content of the site. You're not paying for anything so if you don't like it... don't read it!... If you don't like the site.... don't log into it!... but leave us alone... I'm beginning to suspect that there are dark intentions behind your comments, like some kind of relations with another sites.

I invite to you... if you think you can do better than us... Go On!... I'm eager to see what are you capable to do.
I can make criticism of an artwork but if I can't do it better... I shut up!

But sincerely I'm tired about your comments, and this time you talk about me, so I take it as a PERSONAL attack yes! If you don't want I do it, don't talk about me or make references about me, and I don't consider it Personal. But if you talk about someone is normal he replys to you.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am
Profile WWW