Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

Poser/DAZ Studio Talk 
Henchman

If I save a scene (to come back to at a later date), it can take up to 40 minutes for it to load (this with 4 characters in the scene, 3 Vickie 3's and 1 Vickie 4!)

Just wondering if anyone else using DAZ has had the same thing? And for you poser users, how long does it take for you to load a scene? I just know you're all gonna come back and say...5 mins tops, and I'll hate you all, but really I'm sooo used to DAZ now, it's become a way of life....so to speak! :shock: I know I should really try and give Poser another go............

I'm hoping this isn't my PC - it's a semi decent spec after all, and should be able to handle almost anything.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post External runtimes
Hi Cat
You don't want to be waiting that long, it's soul destroying !! The truth is it's not Daz studios fault, it would take about the same time in poser. Fourty minutes is crazy ! You need a workaround.
Is that saving the scene or loading the scene ?
When I load a V4 character (PZ3) from an external runtime folder, it takes about a minute on a 4400X2 machine and usually poser 7 SR3 asks for obj's and tex files right at the end which I must find manually.

I put M3, D3, V3, V4 etc, in their own runtimes so I can find things easier. I actually have V4 in three different runtimes. This increases loading times because Daz studio / Poser has to search for files all over the PC. However, I feel it's the only way because poser7 libraries become incredibly overloaded.
However, many artists won't touch V4, they say it's too greedy on PC resources. Myself, I love V4 because she has the best body !! My workflow is to work on one figure at a time and save it as a PNG image. Later, composite everything using separate layers in photoshop. The backgrounds can be added at this time as well, because the PNG files have transparency. (Do you have separate layers in comic creator?)
At the very most, have two V4's loaded together at the same time. You have to actually really have them together to create realistic sex scenes. Best to get the preset poses organized beforehand because every move of the camera is burning precious system resources.
There are some really super fast PC's in the marketplace now which might be able to handle the job. I know that I have kept upgrading mine but now it might be time to move up, especially for creating poser/Studio movies.
Actually, I've only just loaded Daz studio back onto my computer to give it another go because I need it for the daz plug-ins. How do you open mimic ?
:lol:

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 pm
Henchman

But it looks as if it was my fault!! :oops: Guess the PC was only obeying orders and going about it's business of running/updating every piece of anti-virus, etc software it has! (I would blame the 'putor, but seeing as it was me who set the times for it to go on a mega update, I guess I have no come back! :oops: )

Anyways, tried another one today, and it was only about 5 minutes... :D And that was for loading. :)

Ohh...and when I find Mimic.......I'll let you know! :wink:

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:16 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post You're the cat !
No need to be man, after all you're the cat ! Open up your main program first (Daz studio/ poser ) and keep everything else turned off. That way it gets the first bite of the memory.
keep your system regularly de-fraged, which I'm sure you do because you've got it together. Where can I check out some of your work, Cat ?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:38 pm
Henchman

Post Re: You're the cat !
BadaBoom wrote:
No need to be man, after all you're the cat ! Open up your main program first (Daz studio/ poser ) and keep everything else turned off. That way it gets the first bite of the memory.
keep your system regularly de-fragged, which I'm sure you do because you've got it together. Where can I check out some of your work, Cat ?

:D Thanks for the advice Bada - Cheers. (I do tend to have other stuff running in the background, so that'll have to stop for now!).

If you really want to check out some work, I have a gallery in the Guest Gallery......

http://guests.hipcomix.com/gallery2/mai ... temId=7908

Hopefully this should lead you there. :D

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:14 pm
HIPComix Artist

If I'm doing a big render, I run poser on it's own but if I am adding the odd figure here and there, I keep poser and photoshop open together. When I feel my pc getting 'lethargic' I close everything down and restart.

I like your mummy. I was wondering how you did it. It looks like the bandage is tightly wound around her. I notice you are using comic creator. It looks like you are using a good comic font. You have the comic feel off to a good start. Can you get your images more hi res ? I render everything big to make sure I've good enough resolution. I always try to make my superheroines as sexy as possible.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:11 am
Henchman

The Mummy was a seperate prop (sorry to whomever made her, but I've forgotten where she came from - just she was really made for the Posette figure....I think! :oops: ). A combination of scaling and having certain body parts of Vicki invis, and we got the picture.....Not a great solution, but definitely a work over. Which is another reason why I really should get into Poser. I'd like to try my hand at creating textures etc.

As a side note, in the past, I've always used 'Turks Kink' Mummy (not sure if that's still around), but for this one I wanted the wrap look! :oops:

As for the rendering, I normally use the best settings possible (especially when doing a one shot) but sometimes, as in making a comic, I tone it down, so the render times become quicker........I know, the picture isn't as good, but it certainly is quicker! :D :oops: :shock: :wink: That's what I did for that group of pictures - I wanted them done quickly, so I skipped a bit :oops: .

When it comes to the comic feel....... :P Thanks.....That's what I was trying to create! :wink: I guess I'm just a comic book nerd at heart (and proud of it), and no matter how dire the situation looks for our Heroines, you just know they'll escape in the end. Not sure Stan Lee would agree with me there by hey......Probably why I've always been a DC fan (You can't have every Second Edition Wonder Woman, and not come across bondage and peril!! - And that was toned down from the First Editions!) :shock:

Guess that's why I'll never be from the gore/snuff comic fraternity........I want my Ladies alive for the next episode! :D. A nice episode of erotic peril is good for everyone..........a snuff ending is a bit too permanent! :cry:

Anyway...I guess that's sort of an answer....although, I've forgotten what your question was now Bada! :oops: :D

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:31 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Wonder woman
Could you send me some of your wonder woman comics ? :lol:
Marvel has had a few of it's heroines die, .... Electra for example. Wonder Woman is definitely the universal favorite. Marvel has always been poor
with it's superheroines. They might be worried that they could get too adult. he he ...

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:14 am
Henchman

Post Re: Wonder woman
BadaBoom wrote:
Could you send me some of your wonder woman comics ? :lol:

:shock: ..... :lol: :wink:

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 pm
Site Administrator

Significant news on the DAZ front, people!

Seems they're out to hand out new copies of the app in order to drive model sales. Free DAZ Studio 2.3.3.146 for OS X and Windows available today for download.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/studio/download?_m=d

Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 am
Faithful Assistant

Post Poser Blues...
Been meaning to ask about this...

Some of the newer character packages that i've bought from Daz, have a light blue hue over the diffuse Color setting.

I hate it, it gives the character a olive greenish complexion that i hate.

I thought it might have been my Poser set up, but my older packages seem fine.

Is anyone else having this problem? is there a set up setting i use to make the diffuse color setting just 'white'?

I can post some screen captures if you want to see what i'm talking about.

http://angelic-kitten-art.deviantart.com/
http://guests.hipcomix.com/gallery2/mai ... emId=11292

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:26 am
Site Administrator

Post Re: Poser/DAZ Studio Talk
this question can be answered by posting in the rederosity or runtimedna forums.
the creators of the packages you're asking about are there to help you with your
application issues.

good luck

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:59 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Some vendors who use Poser shaders to give the skin a sheen, sometimes change diffuse and specualr colors for their set-ups. I've noticed as more and more new vendors have only used DAZ Studio, that their skin shaders are wacky in Poser.

Not sure if this helps.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 am
Faithful Assistant

It's 'various' character packages, and many of them are from Daz3d, doesnt seem right going to renderosity for that and Daz is such a commercial site that its hard not to feel like youre getting a robotic answer on things sometimes.

Is there a way to change that on the application?

Once i load the package skin on, it's diffused light blue alot on the new packages(i hate that).

Is there a way to set it back to default 'white' for the whole skin? Its a little time consuming to go through all the body parts to set the skin tone back to normal. If they set it to diffuse to 'light blue' is there a way for me to set it to diffuse to 'white'?

It would save me so much aggrevation when i set up a render if there was.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:53 am
HIPComix Artist

You might search Renderosity's free area for python scripts to adjust Material settings. The artist SVDL has made a bunch of scripts - not sure if they've made a material room though. Dimension3d sells a advanced material room script utility at Renderosity. PhilC does as well at his site: www.philc.net .RuntimeDNA.com has a bunch of free scripts to.

You'll probably have to find a python script if you wanna do it quicker than by hand one-by-one.

The 'Realism" product by Face-Off at DAZ applies a white diffuse.

If a vendor has made a cool but complicated shader node layout - sometimes I save say the 'torso' as a single MAT pose in the material room. Then I can apply to any V4's torso area... and then change the image map texture. So if you have a favorite skin shader set up you can save the single torso, the limbs and face then apply them... then make a 'material collection' pose that will apply it all in one shot. That's a lengthy way too. But I have applied newer shaders to like Mike1 and Vicki1 that way... giving their textures more umph.

Oh! I bought a HDR lightset from Catharina at www.mec4d.com and she included python scripts to make colors zeroed.

I'm not much help - ha ha - but good luck. Lemme know if you find a cool script that does that.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 am
Faithful Assistant

Thanks for the reply i'll look into it. I dont know much about Python scripts. I suppose it's time for me to learn about them if i want to handle this problem.

That script to set the diffuse to 'zero' (white) sounds perfect to me, i may have to look into picking up the product if it does what you say.

I've fixing one location (like the torso) and applying it to all, which seems to work okay, except you get odd results from the head/face which uses different mats.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:26 pm
HIPComix Artist

Python scripts really make using Poser much more enjoyable. Most scripts do basic jobs all in one click that'd take you a lot of individual clicks. Like deleting all lights in a scene with one click ( which is now a included script that comes with Poser ).

I'm not tekkie oriented myself and took me a while to take the plunge - but once you do I think you'll wonder why you didn't a long time ago - ha ha.

That Mec4d script makes the diffuse zero... true gray. I think I was wrong suggesting that one...if you're wanting white.

Your best bet may be to ask in the Renderosity Poser forum if such a script is available for free. You may get smartass responses from some of the peanut gallery there, but usually someone does come along who knows exactly what you need and where to find it.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:06 pm
Petty Criminal

Finister wrote:
Your best bet may be to ask in the Renderosity Poser forum if such a script is available for free. You may get smartass responses from some of the peanut gallery there, but usually someone does come along who knows exactly what you need and where to find it.

Better bet is to ask specifically in the Poser Python forum. Peanut Gallery is practically non-existent, and you can usually get a fast turnaround.

However, I might suggest purchasing one of Dimension3D's python collections. Some of their material scripts give a ton of functionality, including what was asked.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 pm