Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

Female authorative figures 
Evil Genius

Post Female authorative figures
First off I would like to ask if female cops, FBI agents and detectives can qualify as heroines if not do they have to tackle down the criminals abducting for example college girls for other clients that heroines do :?: ?

What is your take?

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:58 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Female authorative figures
Ashleychloroformed wrote:
First off I would like to ask if female cops, FBI agents and detectives can qualify as heroines if not do they have to tackle down the criminals abducting for example college girls for other clients that heroines do :?: ?

What is your take?

I definitely feel that they qualify. I don't think that a woman has to have superpowers to be a heroine. There are comix on this site that involve women with no special powers, like Dose's "Swashbuckling Bound" ladies or Finister's "Agents of DESIRE". That's one reason why this site is called Heroines In Peril and not SUPERheroines In Peril.

- Doc

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Faithful Assistant

Post Re: Female authorative figures
Doctor Robo wrote:
That's one reason why this site is called Heroines In Peril and not SUPERheroines In Peril.

Well, that and SHiP was already taken.... :wink:

But seriously, it depends on the caliber of the opposition the protagonist (fancy talk for the main hero/ine) faces and the type of story you want to tell. Obviously it's a lot easier if the hero and villain are on an approximate par powerwise because it can become trivial for one or the other if there's an overwhelming difference in power (which it's so hard to craft a decent Superman story). On the other hand, there's something to be said for the "normal girls captured by aliens/mad supervillain/fantasy overlord and abused" plotline.

I guess what I'm saying is that these normal women CAN be heroes, it's all in the story you weave around them.

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:28 am
Profile YIM
Evil Genius

speaking of storyline, whatwould be a hell of storyline for example for a female FBI agent? Here are several storyline ideas:

1. Female agent takes up the of College girls going missing and suspicion and clues lead to a soroity groups of gilrs in the white slavery business. And the agent gets too close

2. Or the agent is directly the target by another woman who escaped out of prison. (Never been done).

What do you think?

Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:19 pm
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Ever see the 1980's show "21 Jump Street" ?

Had Johnny Depp in it... BUT more importantly Holly Robinson... fucking hot as nails Holly Robinson.

She was an adult agent who pretended to be a coed aged babe undercover in order to catch criminals on campus doing illegal stuff.

Great concept

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:03 pm
Evil Genius

Ever see the 1980's show "21 Jump Street" ?

Had Johnny Depp in it... BUT more importantly Holly Robinson... fucking hot as nails Holly Robinson.

She was an adult agent who pretended to be a coed aged babe undercover in order to catch criminals on campus doing illegal stuff.

Great concept

Has this scenario been done in the comics Finister :P :twisted:

Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:52 am
Profile YIM