Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

Comic Book Creator 
Post Comic Book Creator
Hey Folks,

I have a question about Comic Book Creator. Has anyone used this program and had a hard time publishing pages as Jpegs? The only thing that works is PDF pulishing. Any advice?

Thanks,

Budman

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:22 pm
HIPComix Artist

I don't have Comic Creator but once you have your page finished you can hit your keyboard button "print screen" then open your Windows paint program and in 'edit' hit 'paste' and it should paste in the saved screeshot of your comic page.

The Windows paint program probably doesn't have much cropping functionality so it still may not help you.

Paintshop Pro is a relatively cheap paint program (around $100) which would help you out a lot.

If you have Photoshop, it blows Comic Creator away and we can easily talk you through making a comic with Photoshop... Photoshop kicks ass... it's the king of 2d editing...but it's very expensive as well.

Paintshop Pro does have a lot of functionality that the built in Windows paint program doesn't have though.

That would really suck if Comic Creator won't allow jpeg, png, or TIFF file type saves

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:14 am
Forum Rookie

I don't have Comic Creator but once you have your page finished you can hit your keyboard button "print screen" then open your Windows paint program and in 'edit' hit 'paste' and it should paste in the saved screeshot of your comic page.

The Windows paint program probably doesn't have much cropping functionality so it still may not help you.

Paintshop Pro is a relatively cheap paint program (around $100) which would help you out a lot.

If you have Photoshop, it blows Comic Creator away and we can easily talk you through making a comic with Photoshop... Photoshop kicks ass... it's the king of 2d editing...but it's very expensive as well.

Paintshop Pro does have a lot of functionality that the built in Windows paint program doesn't have though.

That would really suck if Comic Creator won't allow jpeg, png, or TIFF file type saves

I do have Photoshop CS, yay free DL. Is there a Comic bubble add on, or and easy way to make them?

Thanks,

Budman

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:10 pm
Forum Moderator

I do have Photoshop CS, yay free DL. Is there a Comic bubble add on, or and easy way to make them?

Does Blambot.com have that?

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

Photoshop has speech and thought bubbles premade in their 'shapes' library that comes standard. Click on your 'shapes' tool and up on the top bar you'll see squares, circles and then on the right of them there'll be a little box to expand to see the whole preset shape library.

Click on the balloon shape you want then left click and hold down on your picture. As you drag the mouse you'll see the balloon take shape. After adding it, hit "control" + the letter "T" together and you will be able to freetransform the balloon into the size and shape you need.

Here's a trick I learned from Jpeger.

If you pick your pen tool, put it right on the line of your balloon and hit 'control' + 'left click'

the shape should turned into moving dotted lines. Now you can take the corners of the shape and stretch it, deforming it even more...like making the arrow longer.

Hope that helps

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:26 pm