Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

Writing contest 
Post Writing contest
Is anyone gonna try the writing contest? I submitted one already and will submit several more.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:12 pm
Henchman

Post Re: Writing contest
Anonymous wrote:
Is anyone gonna try the writing contest? I submitted one already and will submit several more.

This is me writing.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:13 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Thanks for your entry, Lordsomno. I wholeheartedly encourage anyone and everyone to submit a story to the contest. The prizes are excellent. Forget the free membership (which in itself is a great value), just seeing your story turned into a pictoral comic is worth it alone. Take it from someone who knows! :D

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

Post Writing Styles for Comic Artists
There some proliferate novel writers featuring on this forum thats for sure!
However, I feel they may be somewhat difficult to adapt to comics. For instance you don't want a lot of talking without scene changes because it will make for a dull comic. You really need to grab the the viewers attention and keep it right the way thru because readers can drift away being so much out there.
I feel the main thing is in describing the scene shots, plus will the comic artist have the resources to produce it. I think comics need to be really sexy with a fetish theme running thru, especially for the young blokes because they are usually the main readers. I don't think the stories should be too fancy and instead more down to earth so that most people can relate.
I feel the superheroines in peril theme is a bit limiting for me. I'd like to write about anything as long as it's featuring sexy customed girls in almost every shot. I want to do a 'Schoolgirls in Microskirts" story but it probably might not fit the theme of this site. I've noticed SturkWerk likes schoolgirls too but I guess he's allowed to because he's such an outstanding artist. (Don't worry, these girls are in senior high) Anyway, isn't it about selling comics and every man and his dog would love a schoolgirl story. In the end they have dares to wear skimpier and skimpier clothing and start donning masks so they won't get unrecognized.
Like real life.

Wed May 16, 2007 11:15 am
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Writing Styles for Comic Artists
Bada Boom wrote:
I feel the superheroines in peril theme is a bit limiting for me. I'd like to write about anything as long as it's featuring sexy customed girls in almost every shot.

Good observation, BB. I think we here at HIPComix have made it a point not to limit ourselves strictly to the costumed superheroine genre when telling our tales. There is a bit of something for everyone, from Sturk's famous schoolgirl to Uroboros's fantasy amazons to Finister's secret agent babes to Dose's colonial-era damsels. Sure, we all are also big fans of the classic comic book heroine, but if you look hard enough there's something here for almost everyone.

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Wed May 16, 2007 2:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW