Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:23 am

Who is Sturkwurk? 
Forum Moderator

Post Who is Sturkwurk?
I'm sure by now you've all seen the promotional images that have been popping up around the site. They herald the arrival of a great new addition to the team. Who is this new addition? An artist named "Sturkwurk", a man with an extensive background in adult and superhero comics. The best part? He will be debuting on HIPComix very soon!

So, just who is this Sturkwurk fellow? That's a good question. Perhaps we can get the man to tell us a little bit more about himself. Sturk?

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

A brief synopsis...

I came. I drew. I computed. I'm still broke.

More details... in third person too!

Doug Sturk has been drawing as long as he can remember: on walls, floors table tops. As an only child growing up in the Midwest, he learned to use his imagination and be creative. After all, there wasn't much else to do, cow-tipping still hadn't been invented yet, or at least tales of cow-tipping hadn't begun to surface yet.

Encouraged by his mother, a professional graphic artist, he honed his skills and excelled in art. He claims to have preferred markers and regular scissors over crayons and safety scissors in Kindergarten.

Eventually (about twenty years later) Doug put away his easel and paints trading up for his first 3-D graphics application, Bryce 3-D, and he never looked back.

These days Doug continues to create as much as possible: award-winning 3-D artwork, landscape photography, Web design and writing. With his work at the former 3D Comic Collective (now known as www.animotions.com) he became well known for his take on the American comic book style.

Doug's notoriety increased as he became the Web artist of "Shirtless Girl" on the nationally syndicated "Bob & Tom" radio show www.bobandtom.com. Doug was also featured as a content provider for the software application Poser 5 by Curious Labs. This helped achieve a personal goal: Doug's name actually appears on the software credit screen!

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Now, what's probably more important to the members of HipComix.com:
what projects am I working on for the site?

Well I'm proud to let you know that I currently have 3 new titles coming out soon.

I'll be continuing the adventures of Stephi: The MissTitt Sorceress here at HipComix. The first Stephi story is currently running in three emags over at www.renderotica.com in their magazine. Part 1 was released in February 2006, Part 2 is due out in April, and Part 3 will be released in June 2006.

All three parts may eventually find their way over to HipComix after their run is done at Rotica. The great news is that the new Stephi story takes place just after the first story - and tells her origin for the first time ever.

I'll be unveiling the new comic BunnyNOVA here at HipComix (sexy Furries!)

and I'll be converting a few of my older images and a lot of never seen private images into a complete story called DOWNFALL. (Think Wonder Woman and final humilation)

Looking forward to the launch of Stephi in May!

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Stephi The MissTitt Sorceress's first story, part 2, has been released over at www.renderotica.com in their bi-monthly emag. You can get the download version for $15. The story may be eventually ported over to HipComix some day - but the format will have to change from the standard comic/magazine page to the HipComix web format.

Doug

Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:56 pm
Profile WWW