Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

Love makes you crazy idea 
Henchman

Post Love makes you crazy idea
Okay, I've been thinking about writing a story along these lines but my writer's block continues so I'll just throw an idea out there, under the concept of "Love makes you do the craziest things".

The leader of a small group of heroines has, much to her surprise, fallen in love with a misogynistic villain (probably met in their "civilian" ID's but she then finds out who he really is.) How does she prove her feelings for him are real and not some sort of deception to bring him to justice?

Well, she has some really attractive teammates, and the heroines have confiscated the mind-control devices that various villains have used on them over the years. Why not present her boyfriend with his own obedient harem to prove that her feelings are real?

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:23 pm
HIPComix Artist

Maybe she sees the good in him and thinks she can make him quit his evil ways and become the good guy she thinks he's capable of....???...if you want to keep her as a heroine.

Is she handing over her fellow heroines as a mind controlled harem with their consent or against their will? If she's a heroine who has a secret yearning to be bad maybe she'd hand her 'unwilling' fellow heroines over and join the villain..???

Or you could have a thing maybe like Batman and Catwoman where Catwoman is not a hateful villain, more of a mischievous thief. If your villain was more of a mischievous type maybe the heroine could retain her honor/valor, etc... maybe the villain is like a mind control robinhood...he/she only mind controls people he/she thinks deserves it. The heroine can empathize with the robinhood skewed view of justice...???

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:06 am
Henchman

Knowing this level of info can not easily and quickly be brought out in a comic, but . . .

I was actually thinking along the lines of a heroine who is getting burned out, spending more time in her "civilian" ID, wondering if she'll have anything in her life other than crimefighting. Then she meets a new neighbor - he's somewhat arrogant and overly assertive around women, but he's also handsome and funny and she become attracted to, starts dating, and falls in love with him. She gets to the point where if he proposes marriage, she's willing to hang up her cape, so to speak, to become his wife and is already planning how to tell him of her crimefighting ID.

Then she finds out he's the villain and wonders if she's been mind-controlled into loving him. I picture a scene where she uses some sort of device her team has invented to test for the effects of mind control (and why doesn't every superhero team have one of those), only to find out her feelings are her own. ("No mind control since the Santa's Elves incident last year" is an aside that seems to fit here.)

She tries to distance herself from him, but, like the warden's wife who helps an inmate escape or a lawyer who falls for her criminal client, she realizes being with him is more important to her than being a heroine, though she has no desire to become a criminal herself. The mind-controlling her teammates comes from an offhand comment one of them makes saying that the only way someone could be friends with the villain was if "they first zapped us into being his hornly little harem girls - he'd love whoever did that" or some such remark. This gives her an idea how to stay with her man even after he finds out she's a heroine. The key is she is never mind-controlled herself.

Obviously, I have the outline down, but the actual writing just isn't happening, that's why I threw this idea out there - perhaps someone else could be inspired.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:51 pm
Super Villain

I like your idea. It puts twist and interest into an average superheroine mind-control plot. It gives it more life. I hope you are able to turn it into a great story. Sounds like you've got a good start with an interesting premiss and outline. :)

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Sort of along those lines, my characters Golden Girl, a veteran, valiant heroine, is married to the dreaded Baron von Vile. That's an interesting dynamic I'm planning to explore later on.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 pm
Profile YIM