Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

Animated Wonder Woman DVD project due Feb. '09 
Site Administrator

Post Animated Wonder Woman DVD project due Feb. '09
From http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry ... /800042749

Quote:
Exclusive First Look: Wonder Woman DVD Movie

Wonder Woman and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and (c) DC Comics.

The golden Lasso of Truth won't be needed to confirm the rumors: Keri Russell is indeed the star of the February 2009 animated DVD movie Wonder Woman, the next in a series from Warner Bros. and DC Comics following Tuesday's release of Batman: Gotham Knight. (Check out the full poster here.)

The Felicity star voices Princess Diana, the Amazon-turned-superhero. "This story is funny and action-packed and adult in a nice way," Russell says. "Then they said Nathan Fillion was playing opposite me, and that made it that much better."

Fillion, who costarred with Russell in the 2007 indie darling Waitress, plays Air Force pilot Steve Trevor, who crash lands on the Amazon's island. "Playing second fiddle to Keri is a wonderful fiddle to play," Fillion says. "I've done it before, I'll do it again—quite happily." The Desperate Housewives star adds, "What I like about Steve Trevor is that he's a very real guy. He's very honest and he's very natural. He doesn't apologize for much. And he's about as normal as a guy can be while hanging out with Wonder Woman."

The movie tells the Amazon princess' origin story. "She's a true, strong warrior, but she's also right at the break of being a young woman standing on her own and fighting out in the world," Russell says.

Also in the cast are Virginia Madsen as Wonder Woman's mother, Queen Hippolyta; Rosario Dawson as Diana's Amazon rival Artemis; and Alfred Molina as Ares, the film's villain. — Rich Sands

There were tons of WB booth swag bags that doubled as posters for this DVD release at ComicCon last month. It was funny seeing kids dragging them around the dealer's room.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 pm
Henchman

Post Re: Animated Wonder Woman DVD project due Feb. '09
Max Hass wrote:
Diana's Amazon rival Artemis; and Alfred Molina as Ares, the film's villain. — Rich Sands

Artemis shows up?.. GO ARTEMIS!.. now kick WW's ass!.. and uh.. other parts ;)

"Ah.. now to smack her in the... No... it can't be.. the greatest goodie-hero of all times.. The Scriptwriter as appeared! You can't veto my move.. MY move.. AAArrrgghh!!!"

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:59 pm
Henchman

I've only made my 'WW Story So Far' pics just so I could make pages 4 and 5 (the ones you don't see - where I rescue her and she shows how grateful she is! :lol: :wink: :shock: )

But seriously I do love Wonder Woman. I just hope they actually do her justice in this. I want to be able to sit down, watch and actually enjoy this..like The Justise League of a few years back! For one of DCs Big Three, they sure have had a funny way of showing it over the years.

If it turns out to be the animated equivalent of Catwoman.....I'm not going to be happy......That sucked on so many levels, that hardly anyone could be bothered to produce anything resembling peril art. (Going way off thread....why they didn't at least make her wear the Jim Balent style catsuit, I'll never know!! :cry: )

So yep, there won't be any bondage, but maybe a little peril ( I won't hold my breath) and I'm still looking forward to it!! :shock:

Ahh crap.......I'm in the wrong forum!!

*Takes the medication*

Bwahahahahahaaa

So wonder Woman...I see you've fallen into my little trap. You're predicament is quite helpless. And that ballgag fits justs perfectly. Not even you can escape from those bonds, especially when I have your belt, lasso and bracelets. Now I think it's time I showed you my array of toys. I just know they'll take your breath away!

Bwahahahahaha

That's better....right Forum after all..... :D

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 pm
Henchman

Besides, isn't William Moulton marston really the Daddy of Superheroine bondage?

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm
Forum Moderator

Besides, isn't William Moulton marston really the Daddy of Superheroine bondage?

Absolutely! Seems that he and his ol' lady were a couple of freaks in the bedroom. :P

Fun fact: He also invented the lie detector!

Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW