Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am

X-Men III 
Forum Moderator

Post X-Men III
There was an X-Men III topic before the crash so I thought I'd restart it. Are there going to be any females in the new movie that weren't in the first two (Jean/Phoenix, Storm, Rogue, Mystique, Deathstrike... who am I missing)?

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

According to the website (http://www.x3movie.com/announcement-teaser/index.html) The new female characters are Callisto and Kitty Pryde. Returning female characters are Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Siryn, Jubilee, and Mystique. In addition, the Internet Movie Database lists Moira MacTaggart, and Dr. Kavita Rao as characters.

Kitty will be played by a young Canadian actress named Ellen Page. Callisto is being played by Dania Ramirez, who appeared in Spike Lee's 25th Hour and also had a cameo on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The extremely lovely Olivia Williams (Bruce Willis' wife in The Sixth Sense) will play Moira and Shohreh Aghdashloo (who was nominated for an Oscar for House of Sand and Fog and also appeared in the TV show 24) will be Dr. Rao. The returning characters are all played by the same actresses who portrayed them in the earlier films.

Kelly Hu's Lady Deathstrike is apparently dead, and will not be returning for the third film.

New male characters are Juggernaut, The Beast, and The Angel. IMDB also lists Omega Red, Multiple Man, Boliver Trask, and Leech as characters. Returning male characters are Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops, Iceman, Pyro, and Colossus. Juggernaut is played by ex-English footballer
Vinnie Jones (star of Guy Ritchie crime capers like Snatch). Fraiser's Kelsey Grammar is the Beast and Ben Foster (best known for his recurring role on Six Feet Under) is the Angel. Omega Red is played by Vince Murducco, who once appeared in a Flesh Gordon sequel, and Trask, Leech, and Multiple Man are all played by unknowns. Returning characters are all played by the same actors from the earlier films.

Sadly, no sign of Alan Cumming's wonderful Nightcrawler. It's no surprise, really — Cumming said that the long hours of make-up were very difficult for him — but he'll definitely be missed.

Knyght
Who Works as a Film Critic When He's Not Ogling Naughty Superheroine Sites :D

Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Forum Moderator

Post casting
I think the casting of Kelsey Grammer as Beast is simply genius. The voice alone is worth it, and I'm sure they can get a stuntman to perform many of the action scenes.

But as much as I like that, I don't like the choice for Juggernaut. The Juggernaut character is supposed to be huge... something like 7 feet tall and 900 pounds. Now I know that you're not going to find a 900 pound actor to play this role but Vinnie Jones is only 6'2". Couldn't they have found someone bigger? If yuou go by the actors' heights, Juggernaut (Jones, 6'2") will actually be shorter than Wolverine (Jackman, 6'2.5").

There has to be someone, a basketball player or pro wrestler or something, who could have played the Juggernaut.

I guess I'm nitpicking a little, but still...

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:27 am
Profile YIM WWW